Player Watch Lachie Sullivan

Remove this Banner Ad

My only exposure to this young man was the Intra club yesterday and he smashed it.

Hope he can come with that level consistently.
I'd do the same thing if you did that to me.

A couple of oppo fans are seething the Pies got him.

Apparently taking a VFL captain right before the season starts is going to hurt their premiership aspirations… Like isn’t that what the SSP is for?

Anyway, back luck to Footscray and well done to Lachie. Can’t wait to watch you run out on the G.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We've done well in recent years with footballers out of the kennel (Roughie, Lippa), so hopefully Lachie is in that vein (yes I know he was in their VFL team).

I may be a little biased, but getting onto the list at Collingwood must be right up there for aspiring AFL footballers. What an achievement.

Hopefully the same reasons as Miho, Tom Stewart and JPod (not identified, late developers, both).

In Sullivan's case hopefully his biggest weakness is his admin skills - he missed 2 drafts because he forgot to nominate (ND 2021 and 2022 Midyear)

It’s perhaps also an indication of him not being laser focused on footy as a career. That transition from part time to full time can be massive for some guys (Schultz and Bennett spoke about it on the stream). I’m on board with the suggestion he plays in 2024 because why else would you go with a guy like him, but I think it’ll be once the grind of the season kicks in. Based on yesterday though the Adams comparison doesn’t look bad for 2024.

A couple of oppo fans are seething the Pies got him.

Apparently taking a VFL captain right before the season starts is going to hurt their premiership aspirations… Like isn’t that what the SSP is for?

Anyway, back luck to Footscray and well done to Lachie. Can’t wait to watch you run out on the G.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You can tell them it was the Pies or bust, he was done with the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super happy with him. Better ball use than both Adams and Mitchell and a better transitional runner than both.
No idea what his inside work is like which is where the two above are elite but he looks like a player we can trust outside our best 23 and someone who could break into that side.

Super happy with him. Better ball use than both Adams and Mitchell and a better transitional runner than both.
No idea what his inside work is like which is where the two above are elite but he looks like a player we can trust outside our best 23 and someone who could break into that side.
I would wait until he plays an AFL game before I judge his disposal.

A little excited by Lachies' inclusion, went back and watched a few Footscray VFL games, ball magnet that seems to float effortlessly from contest to contest. High handle to
foot disposal ratio but just gets the job done, worth a look.

This was the one I’m glad we got. Looks ready made to slot right in (once a position becomes available). A few years younger than Adams and Mitchell and a good footy upbringing at the Doggies VFL. Good selection.

Fantastic news to see Sulli get his opportunity. I'm sure he can transition his VFL form into the AFL.
Wrapped the Dogs didn't decide to list him, and the Bumbers missed out on him last year in the MSD.
I think we got a very good player here, and can see him making an impact earlier in the season....

Hopefully the same reasons as Miho, Tom Stewart and JPod (not identified, late developers, both).

In Sullivan's case hopefully his biggest weakness is his admin skills - he missed 2 drafts because he forgot to nominate (ND 2021 and 2022 Midyear)

Should be able to overcome his deficiencies, sure there is someone better suited at the Club who might be able to give him a leg up administratively.

i hope he has an impact representing the old guys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back