Kdfl - 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like hell it is :rolleyes:, I think that considering the kind of club we're talking about here, it's the very least they should be fined, although I would make them pay in cash because you would be weary of having the cheque bounce higher than a rubber ball.

Anyway, although Merrigum are likely not to field a side in the Under 18's this year, they should have that fine wavered because unlike Ardmona (who really are in a good geographical position to get a side, considering they're close to Shepparton & Mooroopna), they have least looked liked they put an effort in with getting the numbers (something that doesn't seem the case for Ardmona, from the outside looking in).

And with them having as few as one Netball side, anybody hosting them is going to get a very lousy gate.
What kind of club are we talking about?
Similar to the Murch Cricket Club? well at least they dont play unregistered A grade players in B Reserve in order to win flags... which they missed...ouch

How did murch go?
Put in a solid showing against Waaia, but just missed the chocolates, unearthed a ready made gun from Melbs number 17 think his name is Davie? polished skills, tough hard and took a few huge grabs, one to watch out for during the season. After such a dominant display i was surprised to see him enjoying a beer and dart after the game and then left in a taxi anyway if the Hoppers keep him we will definately hear of this bloke again.

Any results for weekends praccy matches.

Lancaster vs Colbo?
Nagambie vs North Bendigo?
Ardmona vs Roxburgh park or someone down melb i think?
Murchison vs. Waiia?
Avenel vs. Broadford?

North got up in the end by around 15 goals. Moved the ball very well and were hard at it all day, wanting the ball more than Nagambie. Jamesy didnt have the impact most would think when his team gets up by 15 goals. Interesting to see Stanhopes 2008 Premiership player Lee Rowlands lining up on the big man down in the goalsquare also. Made for quite the entertainment

:eek:
Put in a solid showing against Waaia, but just missed the chocolates, unearthed a ready made gun from Melbs number 17 think his name is Davie? polished skills, tough hard and took a few huge grabs, one to watch out for during the season. After such a dominant display i was surprised to see him enjoying a beer and dart after the game and then left in a taxi anyway if the Hoppers keep him we will definately hear of this bloke again.

Good to hear mate i hope the hoppers do well this yr but not beat the swanies! it's always good to see the weaker teams return to some potential

What kind of club are we talking about?
Similar to the Murch Cricket Club? well at least they dont play unregistered A grade players in B Reserve in order to win flags... which they missed...ouch

If your going to insult me, at least get the facts right (I'm not getting into a pointless argument about cricket, especially when the footy season is upon us), and by the way, why are we discussing cricket here in the first place ?.

I've got much better things to do than conduct an internet argument.

If your going to insult me, at least get the facts right (I'm not getting into a pointless argument about cricket, especially when the footy season is upon us), and by the way, why are we discussing cricket here in the first place ?.

Wayde, I have just been checking out the clearances and wondering what Keith Whitford was up to today?

Heard some encouraging news about an ex KDL player...apparently, last night, Shepp East anounced M. Gibson, of former Ardy fame, as their Captain for the year....apparently has been tearing up the track and had a blinder practice match against Rumba a few weeks back..must be fitter than last year..

Big shoes to fill considering a few stalwarts out there might've considered themselves a fair chance at the top job ahead of a recruit..he really must've made an impression..

Anyway, best of luck Gib, hope you toss well..

Sounds like u run your cricket club, just the way u think ardmona does its football club, how many weeks did your cricketer get at the tribunal the othernight anyway??
icon12.gif

Sounds like Undera have made some good signings during the off season. Are they a realistic chance this year?

Interested onlooker.

Sounds like u run your cricket club, just the way u think ardmona does its football club, how many weeks did your cricketer get at the tribunal the othernight anyway??
icon12.gif

Not to mention the clown that played under a false name during the year that lost them points....

Sounds like Undera have made some good signings during the off season. Are they a realistic chance this year?

Interested onlooker.

Undera have signed some handy footballers and will be looking to once again be around the mark come September. They have as much of a chance winning the flag this year as say a Lancaster or Stanhope, if not better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the Ardmona playing at Mooroopna experiment been stopped?
correct. all ardy games to be played at ardy this season. given the club will only have the 2 divisions of football and at best 2 netball teams there's not much point hosting at mooroopna.

correct. all ardy games to be played at ardy this season. given the club will only have the 2 divisions of football and at best 2 netball teams there's not much point hosting at mooroopna.

Thanks for the clarification.

Good on Ardmona for trying something different though.

How many junior football teams do Mooroopna have?

Surely some sort of link needs to be made between Mooroopna and its suburb Ardmona in order to improve their numbers. With a population of 5000 Mooroopna should be able to support a major league club and a minor league club. Playing footy/netball at Mooroopna could have made Ardmona more attractive to prospective players (especially juniors).

Wayde, I have just been checking out the clearances and wondering what Keith Whitford was up to today?

I think that just a name that the KDFL use to make sure that their internet clearance procedures are working properly, but I don't understand why they can't use something like John Doe or John Citizen, or go for something like Hercules X. Rockefeller :).

icon12.gif

I don't know, and quite frankly, I have better things to do than to worry about a outcome of a kangaroo court from an association that doesn't even follow its own rules.

Cooma fielded 3 players who had not played one game in B Grade and therefore hadn't qualified to play finals in their Grand Final team (in the SCA this never would've happened), in their side, which the KDCA allowed even though if contravened their own by-laws (they need to play at least three regular season games to qualify, if they're coming down from a higher grade).

We weren't good enough, I'll cop that, but what sticks in my craw more than anything is that a paperwork problem (which I will own up to, because the buck stops here) from a player that didn't have a great influence on the results or the ladder, gets punished (which is fair enough, because most clubs have stuffed up things like this from time to time), and a clear example of blatant and deliberate cheating gets the green light, and has an actual affect on the outcome of the season.

Hypocrisy and pocket pissing are the two things that I cannot stand in any form, and I know that we're the red headed step child of the KDCA, but at times it feel like we are like the non-pigs in Animal Farm where "..All animals are created equal but some are more equal than others

That's good, (although you can't fault them for trying something new to get new players, supporters and sponsors), and furthermore, would they have paid the Mooroopna FNC and the ground trustees rent for using their facilities ?., if so, then it makes no sense to play there when the gate at your home games is likely to be reduced.

Anyway, I'm chomping at the bit about the start of the season, and I hope to see some real discussions about the opening round of 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back