Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s-fullback-ranks/story-fniabjcr-1226910904460

It looks like K will leave the Suns at years end. Odds are he will return to the NRL. Personally I wish he would stay with the Suns, or at least with AFL. But he just cant get a look in as our midfield talent is pretty deep.

Without having a go at your midfield, do you think K would get a game more often with you guys? He will bring fans through the gates at the GABBA just as he has at Metricon. K is still a drawcard in Brisbane at least.

If the AFL saw fit to help you guys get K for his marketing attraction in Brisbane and to add to your midfield stocks, would you guys n gals be interested?

Probably not, if only because I don't think he adds anything to us. He really has only been effective as defender and I think our defence needs to get games into the youngsters.

I would suggest that $$$$ isn't the only reason that the 2 NRL converts went to expansion teams. Talent aside, dropping a gimmick/convert into an established club would be a terrible culture killer. I think it's bad enough at Sydney paying stupid money for a 'name' player to join the ranks, let alone have an ordinary player parachuted in for marketing purposes.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Reds or one of the other Union teams grabbed him actually. The dual international badge would have to be alluring.

We do need a proper lock down small defender, but that isn't worth paying the K Hunt premium. And it's not a glamorous enough role for a STAR.

The last time our footy people saw Hunt live, was when Robbo bested him in the magoos a few weeks ago.

I'd say they'd pass.

We could put him on the rookie list maybe,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like it but I'm an unabashed fan of the way Karmichael plays Aussie Rules.

Realistically he's still struggling to build his tank and not get injured so there's no chance. He'll go back to rugby, earn a fair bit more cash and can hold his head up and say he did a shitload better than Folau.

Do hope the Suns get him to 50 games though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back