Draft Profile Kane Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

perfect for rookie opportunity, as states previously

sometimes in afl you just want to get the ball out of the middle and kick it forward

sometimes in afl you just want to get the ball out of the middle and kick it forward

Problem is he is not a contested ball winner that will win the footy in the middle and just kick it forward.

He is very much a outside player who tries to break the lines and deliver to your forwards. Unfortunately his delivery is tripe.

perfect for rookie opportunity, as states previously

Who would Mitchell knock out of your side?

Mitchell is a titch like Ellard who doesn't enough tricks to make it.

The game is moving back towards strong footballers who can win their own footy, use it well and run all day. :thumbsu:

Who would Mitchell knock out of your side?

Depends on form, but from the last game of '12 there is Rodans bench spot available. If Mitchell is getting 30 touches a week in the SANFL, it wont be long before hes given a game (given LTI list availability).

The thing is about players like Mitchell, who seemingly don't have the obvious weapons in their game, is that they often have the burning desire to succeed and will do whatever it takes to acquire their goals. I wouldn't count him out just yet.

He is a rookie. He wont be knocking anybody out of team. He will be given every chance to better himself in an afl environment, if he dont then he will be back in the wafl in a years time

He is an athlete playing footy. Has a solid tank and he gets plenty of the ball through determination and fitness, but I just don't think he's smart enough. He's not the most fantastic footballer in terms of skill, and I really think his poor decision making and lack of footy brain will be sussed out at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing is about players like Mitchell, who seemingly don't have the obvious weapons in their game, is that they often have the burning desire to succeed and will do whatever it takes to acquire their goals. I wouldn't count him out just yet.

Agreed. He has the fitness/endurance base, yes his kicking is average but from all accounts it is improving alot at PA. He smashed it out in pre-christmas pre-season. With dedicated coaching staff who can spend time with him I wreakon he'll do fine.

He is an athlete playing footy. Has a solid tank and he gets plenty of the ball through determination and fitness, but I just don't think he's smart enough. He's not the most fantastic footballer in terms of skill, and I really think his poor decision making and lack of footy brain will be sussed out at AFL level.

Which is the issue who mature age recruits are mature age recruits. Mind you there are plenty of see ball get ball guys in the AFL

After watching him live today he came exactly as advertised.

He's a poor man's Dane Swan. He's absolutely everywhere. He runs and runs and runs and reads the play well enough to always be in the right position. However when he gets the ball, his kicking is poor.

Given how well he found it today i'd suggest he'll get a run at some point this year. Hopefully with a few games he'll get up to speed a little bit. If we can teach him to kick he'll be a gem.

After watching him live today he came exactly as advertised.

He's a poor man's Dane Swan. He's absolutely everywhere. He runs and runs and runs and reads the play well enough to always be in the right position. However when he gets the ball, his kicking is poor.

Given how well he found it today i'd suggest he'll get a run at some point this year. Hopefully with a few games he'll get up to speed a little bit. If we can teach him to kick he'll be a gem.

Got him in my SC team as he apparently racks up the possessions. Would he be likely to play most weeks for you guys? Your midfield is coming along nicely.

He didn't impress me as much as others. Was solid, but still a long way to go.

I disagree mate. i watched this fixture the closest of the weekend as a think port have some potential SC gems.
Mitchell isn't the best kick but we have all seen worse, god knows the coaches at port will be encouraging him to focus heavily on it.
His footy smarts however seemed to be pretty evident on the weekend, he kept good positioning around the contest i.e. he didnt seem to get sucked in from the outer and provided good link up run.
there was a passage of play where port got possession in their backline, Mitchell was in the area at the time. they switched, brought it out the otherside and eventually Mitchell took a mark around the HF line. Sure he used his athleticism to get to that position but he ran to the right position.
A purely athletic footballer is not guaranteed of a single possesssion.
anyone happen to notice Nathan Blee nicely working his way out of a couple of tight spots?

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Profile Kane Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back