Draft Profile Julian Dobosz

Remove this Banner Ad

gotassieboys

All Australian
Jul 13, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In only his 2nd season of Aussie Rules, Dobosz has shown his ability to step up at every opportunity. A genuine full forward who will get better in the AFL system. Would think he will go in the 1st round.:thumbsu:

Dobosz still has a relatively low profile compared to guys like Patton. I wouldn't expect him to go first round unless it was a later pick (WC, Carlton, Coll, etc).
That said, it will depend on what he does at the draft camp. He's done what he can do in the U18 Champs, now he has to aim for the next hurdles.

Dobosz still has a relatively low profile compared to guys like Patton. I wouldn't expect him to go first round unless it was a later pick (WC, Carlton, Coll, etc).
That said, it will depend on what he does at the draft camp. He's done what he can do in the U18 Champs, now he has to aim for the next hurdles.

Always appreciate feedback.

My thoughts are that the Tassie boys all play senior footy (same as other states except Vic). Dobosz obviously is a "new' name for interstaters (understandably so), however he has stepped up to the mark and kicked goals against more seasoned players than himself. I sometimes think that people over estimate the TAC cup boys. I am not slagging the competition as we would kill for the Mariners to be in it (not going to happen!). However within our limitations, the exposer to senior level (even Tassie League) I believe is a better litmus test for future growth than the TAC. Jack Riewoldt is an example of a tall forward who had time in the TSL and after a couple of years building the body at AFL level has proved his worth. As a genuine elusive forward I believe he will go first round.

I'm pretty sure Carlton has a F/S in a guy called Buckley (correct me if I'm wrong) this year, not sure if he'll go 1st round though. I would not be surprised if Buckley isn't 1st round, that they take a punt on this guy at pick 20~

If he lasts until the plethora of Lions picks from 26 to 32 I would expect us to take him. We need talls and take a Taswegian most years. He looks like a good fit for us. I too will be interested in his combine results.

If he lasts until the plethora of Lions picks from 26 to 32 I would expect us to take him. We need talls and take a Taswegian most years. He looks like a good fit for us. I too will be interested in his combine results.

Was going to ask you about him & his potential fit for the Lions Quigs.
Thanks for your thoughts.

A lazy 7 goals!!!

Saw Dobosz kick a lazy 7 goals yesterday at the Hobart Footbal ground also known as TCA.

Noticed a few scouts sitting up high in the back of the stands watching with interest.

Showed most of his tricks with pack marks, one on one, on the lead, receive handballs and 50 metre kick for goals through the middle.

I am going out on a limb and thinking a top 10 draft for this kid is on the cards.

Ask yourself how many genuine tall forwards have produced a season comparable to Dobosz!

You can have your midfielders, however supply and demand dictate that a kid capable of doing what he does are like hens teeth.

Done it all year at senior level in the TFL and in the carnival games. All this on the back of limited pre-season and only in his 2nd year of football!!

Time to start realising how good this kid is.

Re: A lazy 7 goals!!!

I am going out on a limb and thinking a top 10 draft for this kid is on the cards.

Ask yourself how many genuine tall forwards have produced a season comparable to Dobosz!

You can have your midfielders, however supply and demand dictate that a kid capable of doing what he does are like hens teeth.

Done it all year at senior level in the TFL and in the carnival games. All this on the back of limited pre-season and only in his 2nd year of football!!

Time to start realising how good this kid is.

Went and saw him play as well and he put on a show. I'll be surprised if he isn't taken in the 10-15 range.

I'm very surprised there isn't much hype about this kid, iirc he kicked more goals than Patton in the champs despite missing a game. Gun.

I can really see him going top 15 and probably top 10 in this draft.

I'm very surprised there isn't much hype about this kid, iirc he kicked more goals than Patton in the champs despite missing a game. Gun.

I can really see him going top 15 and probably top 10 in this draft.

Apparently up to the time a player is drafted, each player has cost the club $100,000 (recriting staff, airfares etc).

Obviously each club is going to try their hardest to get it "right".

Julian Dobosz is the real deal and and would have impressed those "eyes" watching him on Sunday. It doesn't matter as it's only a number, but a 1st round draft spot must be almost guaranteed. I reckon you might be on the money with your prediction, however l'll trump you and predict he will go in the first 10 picked.

That stretch of water does make it hard for Tassie boys to get the profile of the mainland boys which is understandable.

However as a purely natural, instinctive footballer this kid is at the front of the pack, bar none.

Just for the record we have another kid who won't be far behind on the recruiters radar as well!!!!

Just for the record we have another kid who won't be far behind on the recruiters radar as well!!!!

Tassie have a few players who could easily be first round picks this year, very strong year for them coming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tassie have a few players who could easily be first round picks this year, very strong year for them coming up.

Would be interested in who you think think these boys are and which clubs might require their services.:)

I might live or die on this comment. Where are the ABC's cameras when you need them?

I might live or die on this comment. Where are the ABC's cameras when you need them?

Dobosz has already caught the eye of those in the know. Have heard that he has already been in contact with a few AFL clubs.

Dobosz is a little unique when it comes to forwards in this years draft. While Patton would be in front of him, Dobosz will be snapping on his heals.

He is the most agile, athletic and instinctive big forward going around at the moment. He has more tricks in his bag (i.e soccer goals) than all of them put together.

Would be interested in who you think think these boys are and which clubs might require their services.:)

Strong reply time. Completely missed this. :cool:

Personally i'd have Mckenzie as a late first /early second rounder while players like Dobosz, Schade and Mihocek are easily worth a clubs second rounder. Webster and Brown are around the 3rd round picks but are definitely worth much more than that. Lets not forget that GWS also have Darley who could have easily been a top 15 pick in this draft.

Strong reply time. Completely missed this. :cool:

Personally i'd have Mckenzie as a late first /early second rounder while players like Dobosz, Schade and Mihocek are easily worth a clubs second rounder. Webster and Brown are around the 3rd round picks but are definitely worth much more than that. Lets not forget that GWS also have Darley who could have easily been a top 15 pick in this draft.

I will always talk up the Tassie boys, however I try to be honest with my appraisals, so here goes.

A big fan of Dobosz and can't help be impressed after only 2 seasons in the AFL system.

However as it appears to be a draft with a low total of overall players to be drafted, clubs will be drilling deep on individuals. Dobosz floundered in his last 2 TSL finals games, and showed his lack of football knowledge and experience when confronted with finals pressure and a poor team effort.

Can't help think that this may have damaged his standing in the AFL recruiter's eyes.

Certainly has a huge upside, but thinking more as a 2-3 round draft choice. Will need major time in the minor leagues.

Hope I am wrong, but it is a tough road for potential draftees in 2011!:(

It seems Dobosz has BF writers at odds as to where he might go in the draft.

I must admit that he intrigues me as what his currency is with the club recruiting officers.

My guess is around the 30-50 range. :)

Wonder who'll snap him up in the AFL Draft?
Thinking Carlton or the Bulldogs.

It will be interesting to see if a club is prepared to rookie a player with so much natural ability, but requiring intensive education about the game.

I stii reckon he is worth the punt!!:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Profile Julian Dobosz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back