Judas Ablett... attack #1

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. If you're going to dope your greyhounds, you need your privacy.

First I've heard of that.

I wasn't a big fan of Plugger for his greyhound training career though so couldn't really care less about what he did there.

In fairness to Plugger, his move was more about getting away from the spotlight he was under in Melbourne and a change of lifestyle rather than money.

Might have had a bit more to do with some genetically impossible oddly coloured greyhounds.....

So the fact that he got a substantial more amount of money was just a side issue? You're having a laugh!

Well living expenses are a lot higher in Sydney.

Anyway this thread isn't about Plugger, let's get back to bagging the shit out of Gold Coast Gazza.

I'd like to see what any of the people calling Gaz a 'Judas' would do if they were offered double salary to leave their current jobs for effectively a similar position.

I'd like to see what any of the people calling Gaz a 'Judas' would do if they were offered double salary to leave their current jobs for effectively a similar position.

The comparison is invalid

I don't have a number on the back of my suit... when I walk into the office there aren't 10,000 cheering fans barracking me onto work... they don't pay memberships to watch me work which collectively pays my salary... they don't have posters of me on their walls or watch me every week on TV.

Footy might be a business, but it is about love and passion first - for the game, for your club, for your players

The loyal players (and Riewoldt can be included in that list too) I mentioned earlier chose not to knife their supporters and members in the back for less money because they are not as selfish as Judas... Judas does not give a **** about the kids who are disillusioned today

Remember the kid that sent 20 cents to the Bulldogs to keep Chris Grant... he stayed. Judas would've pocketed the 20 cents and left anyway...

LOL, bitter Tyler? have a go mate, say what you really think...

At least you guys will get properly compensated :thumbsdown:

I don't have a number on the back of my suit... when I walk into the office there aren't 10,000 cheering fans barracking me onto work... they don't pay memberships to watch me work which collectively pays my salary... they don't have posters of me on their walls or watch me every week on TV.

Footy might be a business, but it is about love and passion first - for the game, for your club, for your players

The loyal players (and Riewoldt can be included in that list too) I mentioned earlier chose not to knife their supporters and members in the back for less money because they are not as selfish as Judas... Judas does not give a **** about the kids who are disillusioned today

Remember the kid that sent 20 cents to the Bulldogs to keep Chris Grant... he stayed. Judas would've pocketed the 20 cents and left anyway...

Have a cry :thumbsu:

I bet you werent crying when Ottens walked out on Richmond for more money and a new opportunity. It paid off for him, I think its already paying off for Ablett.

Get over it and move on sook :cool:

I bet you werent crying when Ottens walked out on Richmond for more money and a new opportunity. It paid off for him, I think its already paying off for Ablett.

No didn't cry over Ottens, but did feel for Richmond supporters... and just like most Richmond supporters didn't care whether it worked out for Ottens or not, I don't care whether it works out for Judas Ablett or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For goodness sake please don't compare Ottens to Ablett.

We are talking Marque players here - Lockett/Grant/Reiwoldt/Pavlich/Ablett etc.

The proper comparison at Richmond would be Matthew Richardson not Brad Ottens.

Richo is a legend and the one thing that non-Richmond people love about him is his LOYALTY.

With the worst kept secret out and the little liar exposed it's time to put what's happened into perspective. I've had a lot of time to ponder and reach these conclusions before today....

Jnr is a liar. He undoubtedly made his mind up to take the Scums cash a long time ago and played everyone for a fool to avoid any backlash before now... the tension this created probably had an influence on the whole teams performance especially in the second half of the season.

Most player moves can be linked to some other reason other than just money... Judd - the Eagles were in a bit of disarray, and he was after all a Victorian and wanted to come home. He cops shit more for the fact that he joined Carlton than he left West Coast to come home.

But the little bald liars move is about money. He had the dream, playing for the club his dad played for, the one he barracked for his whole life, in the town he grew up in. There is no other reason other than money... money he would have had in any business dealings after footy in the Geelong region.

The curse of the Ablett gene (starting with Gary snr... Geoff and Kevin Ablett weren't like Gary) is pure selfishness... Gary snr's selfishness is well documented... Nathan, selfish... their sister the same and now the little golden boy joins the team. **** the 20,000 kids with #29 on their jumpers

For me this is the day that Ablett failed the test of character passed by greats such as Chris Grant, Pavlich and Jonathan Brown

Enjoy the cash Judas, see you at the Cats vs Scums game next year... if you thought we were venomous with Colbert, you've seen nothing

With 10 Mill in his sky rocket he can buy them all new Gold Coast Suns jumpers. In fact he could do this with the interest he will earn in October!!

It's hugely dissapointing for Geelong fans but you would be mad to pass on that sort of coin.

He who would not commit the same sin can cast the first stone...

And don't give me the Pavlich, Brown bullsh&%t....

None of them were enticed with anywhere near the same amount of coin Gaz was.

It was Bradman like......almost twice as good as the next best. Ya gotta compare apples with apples. and this is unprecedented.

Finally, something from T D I can agree with. Gablett is a souless mercenary, in stark contrast to a champion like Pavlich who stays loyal to his team.

For those saying its undersandable because of the money involved, it would be no comparison to Gablett's marketability and the money he could make after football if he had stayed loyal. Advertisers won't want a bar of him post AFL career now because he is damaged goods.

With 10 Mill in his sky rocket he can buy them all new Gold Coast Suns jumpers. In fact he could do this with the interest he will earn in October!!

It's hugely dissapointing for Geelong fans but you would be mad to pass on that sort of coin.

He who would not commit the same sin can cast the first stone...

And don't give me the Pavlich, Brown bullsh&%t....

None of them were enticed with anywhere near the same amount of coin Gaz was.

It was Bradman like......almost twice as good as the next best. Ya gotta compare apples with apples. and this is unprecedented.

Reiwoldt was.

For me this is the day that Ablett failed the test of character passed by greats such as Chris Grant, Pavlich and Jonathan Brown

I like this point, you can probably throw in names like Riewoldt and Matthew Richardson to this thread who all resisted a move to new franchises to become legends of their respective clubs.

Reiwoldt was.

True, in fact I'm pretty sure Riewoldt was their no.1 target at first, especially with him being a GC boy, but when he knocked them back they went after Ablett with their big pot of dollars.

When Riewoldt knocked their offer back and re-signed for life with the Saints, he went from being just a great player to a St Kilda champion that is adored by the supporters and will be lauded as one of our all time greats.

Ablett had the chance to do the same at Geelong but has now blown it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judas Ablett... attack #1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back