Player Watch Josh Eyre

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he was recruited as a defender… so that’s where they’ll play him

Moore and Frampton seem a lock… Frampton may be needed as a second ruck at times

beyond that Dean… whilst okay in general play, hasn’t for mine shown a great deal in the contest…

So if the bigger Josh Eyre can string together a few solid VFL games… he may debut sooner than expected
His tryout with us was very good if I remember correctly.

Moore and Frampton seem a lock… Frampton may be needed as a second ruck at times

beyond that Dean… whilst okay in general play, hasn’t for mine shown a great deal in the contest…

So if the bigger Josh Eyre can string together a few solid VFL games… he may debut sooner than expected
Frampton was recruited as a defender yet is now a premiership FF so I think Eyre play where he’s needed.

Going through some footage from last week, he trained up forward. That may have been because of our lack of forwards, but with Reef back, we'll see if that was temporary or not. I'll see where he trains on thurs.
I hope they try him forward first. he could always switch back to defence if it doesn't work out

I'd be playing him back so he can get into things. Is not going to play unless super desperate for a few weeks anyway and then once he settles give him time up forward.
Why is playing back more settling than playing forward when you start out?
Play him wherever he wants, back or forward. And just tell him to have fun and let it rip.

Going through some footage from last week, he trained up forward. That may have been because of our lack of forwards, but with Reef back, we'll see if that was temporary or not. I'll see where he trains on thurs.
How tall is he Jen?

I wouldn't be surprised to see him revert to being a forward. It's our need at the moment.

If he trains up forward tomorrow, then that's where he will play.
It might be something they have asked of him just for the short term given our lack of talls up forward, and he has played up there and recruited as a forward. Even if he is a more natural defender. If they think they can make him a swingman...

Until we can draft or recruit more forwards

Fingers crossed that he's had the period of inevitable injury, like a young fast bowler, and that it's now over.

We shat the bed at the point we de-listed Eyre. He was finding himself as a key defender throwing himself at the ball like a maniac and starting to pull down the marks he couldn't hold when played forward.

You couldn't ask for much more in terms of the raw physical and athletic tools, not to mention that he has a cannon for a left boot. I would say he has Darcy Moore covered as an athlete, for example. Obviously there is more to being a footballer than athleticism but we already weren't that far away by the end of 2022, but you gotta find some room on the list for Sam Weidemann.

He could be anything back or forward. I'm still very confident that he'll be a very high quality AFL player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they're planning on him playing forward, I would suspect that it means that either Ash Johnson or Nathan Kreuger is playing seniors.

If both of them are playing in the VFL, I wouldn't see why Eyre would be a candidate to be playing forward. With Johnson, Kreuger, Farrant and Crocker up there, you don't really need another tall.

If they're planning on him playing forward, I would suspect that it means that either Ash Johnson or Nathan Kreuger is playing seniors.

If both of them are playing in the VFL, I wouldn't see why Eyre would be a candidate to be playing forward. With Johnson, Kreuger, Farrant and Crocker up there, you don't really need another tall.
I think are correct he has to play back in the VFL but he may be of more use forward in the one,s.

We prioritise AFL. If they want to play him forward, one of the VFL list guys would get shifted.

Wishing him all the best, seem to recall that -going by most track watchers- he was the pick of the train on lads up until his injury (Jen?).

Wishing him all the best, seem to recall that -going by most track watchers- he was the pick of the train on lads up until his injury (Jen?).
Thats right. Was the standout that people probably didn't see coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Eyre

Remove this Banner Ad

Back