Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm talking club wise, not sooky supporters on here.

Treloar booted out - Didn't hurt us and helped the cap.
We wouldn't have won a flag with Grundy.
Ginni, immature.
Beams was a terrible trade i'll admit.
Schultz is his first season in a entirely different forward set up.

Majority of supporters just cry on anything any given day. Rather than get into the fundamentals of why the trades are done and how they work.
I'm talking specifically about what we got in return & gave up.

I know why those trades were done & I don't disagree with them. But we're discussing about what we got back for those players & what we gave up.

You seem to have suggested that trades are always successful & a win/win for both parties all the time. Clearly they're not.

We don't know what we'll get out of Port for Richards or Suns for Noble if they decide to leave, so I'm not prepared to call it a win/win before it happens.

Btw, I love Shultz and appreciate his contest at the ball & player. That deal is done, no point whining about it continuously. I appreciate those who think we have up too much for him. It's hard to argue with that.

Last edited:
I'm talking specifically about what we got in return & gave up.

I know why those trades were done & I don't disagree with them. But we're discussing about what we got back for those players & what we gave up.

You seem to have suggested that trades are always successful & a win/win for both parties all the time. Clearly they're not.

We don't know what we'll get out of Port for Richards or Suns for Noble if they decide to leave, so I'm not prepared to call it a win/win before it happens.

Btw, I love Shultz and appreciate his contest at the ball & player. That deal is done, no point whining about it continuously. I appreciate those who think we have up too much for him. It's hard to argue with that.

Again, theres this thing by posters on here that clubs are out to get one and other in deals. To ruin each other.

Thats not the case and not how these things work. It's straight forward with both Noble and Richards.

Again, theres this thing by posters on here that clubs are out to get one and other in deals. To ruin each other.

Thats not the case and not how these things work. It's straight forward with both Noble and Richards.
I don't think it's a vindictive thing nor did I suggest that.

I merely suggested trades are not always win/wins for both clubs involved.

And that I wasn't prepared to call our potential trades a win/win until they're done 🥴

Straight swap for Noble then?
I reckon Noble’s worth more than Lukocious. The $’s owed to Lukocious are a big stumbling block for GC and the way the games going with runners I’d rather the line breaker over the uncompetitive flanker.

Sad to see him go. Look, he is a little flawed in the disposal efficiency area and defensively he can be a liability but his run and dash coming out of the back 50 will be sorely missed.

The club would be crazy to not try and pursue Jack Lukosius in any deal involving JFN. He's definitely a long way away from being a complete package but I think he'd blossom under Mcrae.

Slide him straight into HB with maybe a long term vision of replacing him in the Hoskin-Elliott role when his time is done.
I think that you raise an interesting scenario. I am just wondering what folks think of Jack Lukosius? Would he improve the team if we could get either a part of a trade for John Noble (I think that Lukosius may have been pick 2 after Sam Walsh in that particular draft which may have been 2018?) or as a totally independent trade? He was touted as the next big thing in his draft year but seems to have never settled down positionally at the Gold Coast & his form over the last 5 to 6 years has been very erratic. I am simply curious as to what others on this site think of him. OK. Goodnight & good luck.

I think that you raise an interesting scenario. I am just wondering what folks think of Jack Lukosius? Would he improve the team if we could get either a part of a trade for John Noble (I think that Lukosius may have been pick 2 after Sam Walsh in that particular draft which may have been 2018?) or as a totally independent trade? He was touted as the next big thing in his draft year but seems to have never settled down positionally at the Gold Coast & his form over the last 5 to 6 years has been very erratic. I am simply curious as to what others on this site think of him. OK. Goodnight & good luck.

Like Lukocious a lot. But he’s too expensive I think. Otherwise for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a long kick but I don't necessarily think he's a good kick if that makes sense. I think his disposal has been vastly overrated through his career, and he doesn't have the physique to be a key position back, nor the tank to be an effective wing/high half forward.

He's demanding a super high salary so we could already be out of the market but if there's a tiny salary dump aspect to his leaving, then you'd still ask the question.

yes correct, he was only in the AA squad.

he does have a 2nd and 5th in Richmonds BNF. How many top 5 BNF finishes does Noble have?

Rioli has flourished as a rebounding defender over the past few seasons.

He finished fifth in the best and fairest following his career-best 2022 when he was runner-up to Tom Lynch.

Rioli played a further 23 games in 2023 to pass the 150 mark.

The triple premiership Tiger, who was once a dangerous small forward, looks destined to play well in excess of 200 games.

Honours: 2nd best and fairest 2022; All-Australian nominee 2022; AFL Goal of the Year 2017; NAB AFL Rising Star nominee 2016; premiership sides 2017, 2019, 2020.

yes correct, he was only in the AA squad.

he does have a 2nd and 5th in Richmonds BNF. How many top 5 BNF finishes does Noble have?

Rioli has flourished as a rebounding defender over the past few seasons.

He finished fifth in the best and fairest following his career-best 2022 when he was runner-up to Tom Lynch.

Rioli played a further 23 games in 2023 to pass the 150 mark.

The triple premiership Tiger, who was once a dangerous small forward, looks destined to play well in excess of 200 games.

Honours: 2nd best and fairest 2022; All-Australian nominee 2022; AFL Goal of the Year 2017; NAB AFL Rising Star nominee 2016; premiership sides 2017, 2019, 2020.
He's a much better player than Noble. Not sure what people are on about with suggestions they should be worth a similar price.

He's a much better player than Noble. Not sure what people are on about with suggestions they should be worth a similar price.
It seems more of a love affair between rioli and hardwick. I wouldn't give pick 6 for Rioli, a late first round would be more likely. Noble should be good for pick 20 or 26, probably 26. I just wouldn't part with pick 6 for a HBF

It seems more of a love affair between rioli and hardwick. I wouldn't give pick 6 for Rioli, a late first round would be more likely. Noble should be good for pick 20 or 26, probably 26. I just wouldn't part with pick 6 for a HBF
13 for Rioli and 26+ for Noble would be par for them both I think. But they're both contracted so GC will get squeezed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back