Injury Joel Corey - knee cartilage tear

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Joel Corey Knee Injury

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/cats-upbeat-on-joel-corey/story-e6frf9jf-1225838204370
JOEL Corey remains on track for a Round 1 comeback, but Max Rooke has been all but ruled out for Geelong's season opener.
Corey had surgery on his right knee two weeks ago, but is still aiming to return for the clash with Essendon on March 27, which would be his 200th game, the Geelong Advertiser.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/cats-upbeat-on-joel-corey/story-e6frf9jf-1225838204370

Surely we will give him a couple of weeks of training though to make up for what he's missed, so round 2 or 3 is more likely.

Possibly, but there wouldn't be a fitter footballer than Joel Corey. I wouldn't think he'd lose much fitness - and it's already been a fortnight since the surgery, which gives him the best part of another 3 weeks to rehabilitate himself.

Needless to say, if he's not 100% for Round 1 don't risk him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was right to go. He's an incredible specimen.

Possibly, but there wouldn't be a fitter footballer than Joel Corey. I wouldn't think he'd lose much fitness - and it's already been a fortnight since the surgery, which gives him the best part of another 3 weeks to rehabilitate himself.

Needless to say, if he's not 100% for Round 1 don't risk him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was right to go. He's an incredible specimen.

Fair point. I still think the club may take a conservative approach, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him when I get to the G on March 26 either.

How is your first 'scoop' of 2010 working out for you there TMA?

He's had a similar problem in the past, and it kept him out for a month.

He'll be back by round 2 or 3 at the latest for mine, unless we decide to keep him in cotton wool for a little bit extra and give some of the younger blokes a taste.

I don't know about TMA, but I certainly feel vindicated :D

I wonder if bung knee cartilage is a symptom of shite disposal by foot? Tonight was definately an off night in terms of kicking for Corey.

But boy can the man win a contested possesion!

I wonder if bung knee cartilage is a symptom of shite disposal by foot? Tonight was definately an off night in terms of kicking for Corey.

First game...quite a few were a little rusty...from both sides. To be expected. He (and others) will only get better.

Corey...such a good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corey's disposal by foot is what has constantly left him behind the really elite mids. Great at getting it no doubt, but kicking always questionable.Have thought that for years about him so last week not much different IMO.

What Id like to know is - did he play with pain the first 2 weeks? Did he play with injections those games? Was he cleared 100% by the club or was it Joel who said I'm right to go?

I have been told this is his 3rd snip , he must be close to minimal meniscus left. Why rush the guy back ,we have a heap of guys chaffing at the bit for their chance? Sort of the same thing was done with Max , is it the players demanding selection is the club being too much in a hurry to get these guys back?

Its a shame that we can't find out the extent of his injury as I have him in my DT and don't know when he will return.

Lets hope it is against Collingwood that he does but I honestly think it will be another month until he returns. The club did say they will take no chances with him so that says it all pretty much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Joel Corey - knee cartilage tear

Remove this Banner Ad

Back