MRP / Trib. Jeremy Cameron makes contact with umpire while celebrating a goal

Remove this Banner Ad

So funny Cats fans on this thread accusing me of being a troll yet none of them want to discuss this subject seriously. Says it all really.

Should he be charged? If so, with what? What sort of penalty should he get if any? Is there a precedent to a player unintentionally charging into an umpire while celebrating a goal? Soligo copped a fine last week for a light tough of the Goal Ump's arm after kicking a goal. So flattening a boundary umpire because you were not watching where you were running in celebrating a goal has to be worth something, surely?
I think it's more a reflection on you and your posting history

Geelong going 0-3 was something of a panacea.

Here is the Martin "precedent."

Understandable Cats fans would want him rubbed out for kicking contested goals. :)

Nobody needs Martin rubbed out. He is a very ordinary footballer now.

I tried to tell some new Japanese tourists watching footy at the bulldogs game “ there are a small fanbase who say that’s the GOAT”.. you should have seen the disbelief and laughter they directed at these people.

I was told “I am dishonoring game” saying such things

I'm sure it would have been a suspension in the past, but I'm not sure exactly what the rules are governing contact are. As far as I can tell, there no clear rules about what constitutes prohibitive umpire contact, but Michael Christian said in 2018 that this was the interpretation they would run with going forward:

“At match review level we have decided to interpret those guidelines for intentional umpire contact as being when a player disrespectfully, aggressively, dismissively or indeed forcefully intentionally touches an umpire,” Christian said.

I don't think any of those would apply to Cameron, and I can't find any provisions for "careless" umpire contact, which suggests that he's probably going to be fine unless they decide to invent a new precedent on the spot.

EDIT:

No wait, I found it on p. 7 of the tribunal guidelines. "Careless Contact with an Umpire" is a $1500 fine for a first offence.

Last edited:
I'm sure it would have been a suspension in the past, but I'm not sure exactly what the rules are governing contact are. As far as I can tell, there no clear rules about what constitutes prohibitive umpire contact, but Michael Christian said in 2018 that this was the interpretation they would run with going forward:

I don't think any of those would apply to Cameron, and I can't find any provisions for "careless" umpire contact, which suggests that he's probably going to be fine unless they decide to invent a new precedent on the spot.
It’s just a few obsessive Richmond trolls as usual carrying on about geelong. Will be nothing

Probably gets a fine. There is a fixed financial sanction for Careless Contactwith an umpire which is $1500 for a first offence. This is absolutely careless on Cameron's part as without an over-exuberant celebration or actually looking at the field rather than the crowd whislt celebrating, he doesn't make contact with the ump.

$1500 fine should be what he gets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain to me, apart from the teams involved, why this incident has 50 replies and a three page thread and a deliberate knee to a defenceless player in a ruck contest, which the AFL has already said they want out of the game, has no thread?

Can someone explain to me, apart from the teams involved, why this incident has 50 replies and a three page thread and a deliberate knee to a defenceless player in a ruck contest, which the AFL has already said they want out of the game has no thread?
Starts with G and ends with eelong.

Nobody needs Martin rubbed out. He is a very ordinary footballer now.

I tried to tell some new Japanese tourists watching footy at the bulldogs game “ there are a small fanbase who say that’s the GOAT”.. you should have seen the disbelief and laughter they directed at these people.

I was told “I am dishonoring game” saying such things

Ok so Cats fan claiming Martin is not the GOAT and quotes Japanese tourists who have never seen the sport before as authority. That really adds to the "no" side of that debate GC. :tearsofjoy:

Reckless, high, umpire was injured and clearly traumatised. That Western Bulldogs guy, (Todd Curley) got 4 weeks in 2006 for accidentally bumping an umpire. No harm done. Greatest travesty against commonsense that was.

Cameron should get 2 weeks at least.

Last edited:

EDIT:

No wait, I found it on p. 7 of the tribunal guidelines. "Careless Contact with an Umpire" is a $1500 fine for a first offence.

See the Hipwood case above. Got a $2500 fine for carelessly causing umpire contact.

Ok so Cats fan claiming Martin is not the GOAT and quotes Japanese tourists who have never seen the sport before as authority. That really adds to the "no" side of that debate GC. :tearsofjoy:
Just a great big laugh that a player who is so average out there is considered GOAT by a few. The bloke is lucky to be a B grader anymore

Probably gets a fine. There is a fixed financial sanction for Careless Contactwith an umpire which is $1500 for a first offence. This is absolutely careless on Cameron's part as without an over-exuberant celebration or actually looking at the field rather than the crowd whislt celebrating, he doesn't make contact with the ump.

$1500 fine should be what he gets.

This was not some light contact the player caused carelessly though Groc. He straight out flattened the ump and there was extremely high potential to cause injury.

Just a great big laugh that a player who is so average out there is considered GOAT by a few. The bloke is lucky to be a B grader anymore

He isn't alone in that regard. Danger a B Grader now as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Jeremy Cameron makes contact with umpire while celebrating a goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back