Toast Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack is Back. - What do you think if your call that Lyons would be dropped.

Still reckon you lost the plot on that one... ;)
I'm a massive fan of Lyons but if he had an average game and we played GWS I think one of the inside mids would've gone…and it would never be Thompson.

Thankfully he played like a champion!! The Sydney match-up suits Lyons to a T as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The *only* thing he seems to have struggled with a little bit lately is his composure in front of goal. He's missed shots he would normally make and blazed away at times when he should have passed the footy.

To me it strikes of a player trying a little bit too hard - which is easily explainable by his desire to earn a decent contract at this footy club. I really hope he stays.

The *only* thing he seems to have struggled with a little bit lately is his composure in front of goal. He's missed shots he would normally make and blazed away at times when he should have passed the footy.

To me it strikes of a player trying a little bit too hard - which is easily explainable by his desire to earn a decent contract at this footy club. I really hope he stays.

CaptureJL.PNG

Myth... proven! 15.13 for the year from 19 games, almost a goal a game. Had a great run of 5 games of goals earlier in the year, followed by 3. I'm forever telling my mate that he can always be relied upon to hit the scoreboard. Maybe that's not entirely accurate, but all of his hauls are 1s and 2s so maybe it's partially true. Hadn't kicked a goal since the Brisbane game before the weekend, was 0.4; if he'd kicked straighter, say 3.1 instead of 1.3 Saturday night he'd have had a legitimate claim for BOG.

View attachment 287725

Myth... proven! 15.13 for the year from 19 games, almost a goal a game. Had a great run of 5 games of goals earlier in the year, followed by 3. I'm forever telling my mate that he can always be relied upon to hit the scoreboard. Maybe that's not entirely accurate, but all of his hauls are 1s and 2s so maybe it's partially true. Hadn't kicked a goal since the Brisbane game before the weekend, was 0.4; if he'd kicked straighter, say 3.1 instead of 1.3 Saturday night he'd have had a legitimate claim for BOG.
Thats an impressive body of work for a player who doesn't get a lot of time in the middle.

Thats an impressive body of work for a player who doesn't get a lot of time in the middle.
He was in the centre square quite often on Saturday. Crouches, Lyons, Thommo seemed to be there the most. With Sloane and DMac a bit less often, and Dougie once or twice. I obviously don't have the exact breakdown, but that was my impression.

Also interesting to see Eddie, Charles and Gov all taking turns to come off the back of the square. McGovern is so quick to wrap people up in a tackle!

He was in the centre square quite often on Saturday. Crouches, Lyons, Thommo seemed to be there the most. With Sloane and DMac a bit less often, and Dougie once or twice. I obviously don't have the exact breakdown, but that was my impression.

Also interesting to see Eddie, Charles and Gov all taking turns to come off the back of the square. McGovern is so quick to wrap people up in a tackle!
I noticed we seemed to be using Douglas in that Eddie role running off the back of the square. Might be trying to get him involved a bit more.

When we had M.Crouch, Thompson, Lyons, Sloane in the middle I saw we sometimes set up with Douglas at the back and Brad Crouch at the front of the square.

I noticed we seemed to be using Douglas in that Eddie role running off the back of the square. Might be trying to get him involved a bit more.

When we had M.Crouch, Thompson, Lyons, Sloane in the middle I saw we sometimes set up with Douglas at the back and Brad Crouch at the front of the square.
Yes, I noticed Dougie there few times too, now that you mention it

View attachment 287725

Given his 3 behinds from last match were
1) a soccer off the ground that grazed the inside of the goal post
2) kick around the body from a fwd pocket throw in (that Sauce handballed out) and
3) shot from the SW pocket

none were "easy" missed.

1) would been a miracle, 2 & 3 could have been better (esp 3) - I think 3 he was actually trying to centre the ball to the GS

Given his 3 behinds from last match were
1) a soccer off the ground that grazed the inside of the goal post
2) kick around the body from a fwd pocket throw in (that Sauce handballed out) and
3) shot from the SW pocket

none were "easy" missed.

1) would been a miracle, 2 & 3 could have been better (esp 3) - I think 3 he was actually trying to centre the ball to the GS

Nope 3 was a shot on goal, as I was directly in line with him as he took that shot. He was looking directly at the goals. Didn't miss by too much either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back