News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't dislike you, I see your 'pro scout' persona more as a court fool role. Good for a laugh every now and then. Shake your fist at him when he stumbles into the waiting staff. Nothing to hold any real animus over.

For instance, what sort of serious person would admit that they disagree with opinions based upon who's expressing them, rather than whether or not they're correct. :tearsofjoy:

Love it.... Why express something simply when you look like this

Mitt Romney Face GIF

If thats the deal - throw any sweetener into it and run as fast as you can to Adelaide with Peatling on your back.

Absolute steal.

Surely they don't accept that. I'd have thought they'd be wanting a second straight up plus trinkets for a young guy that finished the season in their best 22.

I just want the thing done. Pick46 for him seems a less than what I thought we would have to pay. Sounds like most on here feel the say way given that many are saying "46 is a great deal or is higway robbery" They want a little more which is OK but can we just get the deal done. If swapping F 2rd picks seals the deal then just do it. I want Peatling to feel right at home and welcomed at the club.

My only issue is making sure that we have enough points to get Welsh.

I just want the thing done. Pick46 for him seems a less than what I thought we would have to pay. Sounds like most on here feel the say way given that many are saying "46 is a great deal or is higway robbery" They want a little more which is OK but can we just get the deal done. If swapping F 2rd picks seals the deal then just do it. I want Peatling to feel right at home and welcomed at the club.

Are their extra points for extra kilos 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that shouldn't be a problem

Not sure anyone could make an argument for laird currently being a better player than crouch.
When Crouch is moving the ball out of stoppages he's fantastic and one of our best players.

When he's marking sideways chip kicks in the back half we're losing the game. Should be forbidden from doing that.

Needs to be well coached. Can be a very effective player when used right.

Laird is always the same. Plenty of ball, not very constructive. Wins ground ball contests (good), kicks aimlessly forward (bad).

Crouch's best is better but his worst is worse imho.

Yeah, that trade is clearly in our favour. No wonder things have stalled
I'm genuinely interested in what pick you think Peatling is worth? Not taking into account what pick clubs have.
24 years old mid who has just cracked into a very tough midfield mix at the Giants after developing well for years.

6 or so clubs had a crack at him and good on Adelaide for getting his nomination. I think at his level and length of contract we would be looking for a mid to late 20s pick.

The deal Morris mentioned is stupid. But he's a good player. What would you want for him if he was leaving Adelaide?

I'm genuinely interested in what pick you think Peatling is worth? Not taking into account what pick clubs have.
24 years old mid who has just cracked into a very tough midfield mix at the Giants after developing well for years.

6 or so clubs had a crack at him and good on Adelaide for getting his nomination. I think at his level and length of contract we would be looking for a mid to late 20s pick.

The deal Morris mentioned is stupid. But he's a good player. What would you want for him if he was leaving Adelaide?
Mid to late 20s would be about right, or maybe slight unders, for Peatling.

Our f2 should be about that, but it loses a bit of value with the 12 month wait. Expect the deal at f2 with a slight something extra (but not 46 and nothing back) for you guys.

Crows: Peatling, F3
Giants: F2 & 42

That's fair.

Values him at between pick 22 and 30 unless one of us badly underperforms next year. The thing is he's out of contract and chose us: you don't get fair value in that instance and probably have to take the chance on us bombing again next year. That's not beyond the bounds of possibility

Remove this Banner Ad

News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back