Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Should James Hird be given a second chance at coaching an AFL club?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Has to stand down or be told to. No other outcome is possible now.
yep

over to Barham to sort this out. get him out of the club. no official role. no ambassadorship
he can come to functions and hug Hird all he likes.

**** off.
to even utter that to Robbo, esp on the day we appoint Scott....sigh. way to spoil your legacy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His biggest issue imo will be handling the toxic personalities of Sheedy and Barham who will expect instant results.

The knives will come out very quickly as I don't think this will be Hird's last attempt at getting back, his ego is too big, and as long as Sheedy is there Scott better watch his back.

You've got the read on Sheedy right but wrong on Barham, I think Dave is a smart/good operator who will let Scott take the reins.

yep

over to Barham to sort this out. get him out of the club. no official role. no ambassadorship
he can come to functions and hug Hird all he likes.

**** off.
to even utter that to Robbo, esp on the day we appoint Scott....sigh. way to spoil your legacy.
Didn't Barham come out and say Sheedy will stay on the board?

Didn't Barham come out and say Sheedy will stay on the board?
that may have been before Sheedy just made him look a fool after a press conference where he's spouting unity.

Sheedy just declared he doesn't support the direction of the club.

Listening to the presser now - Browne asked him if he'd stay on the board. This was before the comments. I'd back Barham to go back on that now and remove him. He adds nothing.

You've got the read on Sheedy right but wrong on Barham, I think Dave is a smart/good operator who will let Scott take the reins.
Have to admit, Barham has recovered from the early missteps.

the process, the lack of leaks, the presser today - he's done pretty good since the spill.

His biggest issue imo will be handling the toxic personalities of Sheedy and Barham who will expect instant results.

The knives will come out very quickly as I don't think this will be Hird's last attempt at getting back, his ego is too big, and as long as Sheedy is there Scott better watch his back.
Not to mention Slobbo attacking Scott every chance he gets in the HS to get his hero Hird back in.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back