MRP / Trib. Jacob van Rooyen - How many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m shocked that people have defended him so much. It was completely careless and took a blokes head off who went off on a stretcher.

You can’t just blindly whack someone in the head like that accident or not.
genuine attempt to spoil (which is legal). Did not hit his head or whack him and Ballard is fine.

The bloke left the field on a stretcher. He was hit in the head accident or not it’s going to be punished
So next time a player flies for a mark and doesn't touch the ball and collects someone in the head is that a suspension?

I’m shocked that people have defended him so much. It was completely careless and took a blokes head off who went off on a stretcher.

You can’t just blindly whack someone in the head like that accident or not.
Have a look at a replay before making a fool out of yourself

Has to be 2 weeks according to this. Which is absolutely crazy
Pickett better be careful. He loves the early fly. They may even double it for him to make up for only getting 2 for the bunp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every bump that ends up high was an accident and weeks are given. End of the day if you’re going to spoil don’t KO someone.
So i guess don't spoil then as any spoil has that potential if you slightly mistime it

Pickett better be careful. He loves the early fly. They may even double it for him to make up for only getting 2 for the bunp
Yeah I’d imagine he’s learnt his lesson, how does JVR learn from this though? Put the spoil away, don’t even attempt for an overhead mark just incase your hand touches someone’s head?

What a crap decision.

Spare me the duty of care argument, his missed spoiling the ball by a second and they are suggesting his was going for the man.
The law is being laid down by people who haven’t played the game in 30+ years. It’s bow asking for near perfect execution on anything that involves contact. Intent doesn’t matter anymore. The game has changed enough to make it look unrecognisable

It didn't look intentional to me,looked like he was trying to spoil and missed the ball.Dont think its worth 2 weeks personally.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Jacob van Rooyen - How many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back