News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahaha

‘But....but....Hately will sign with GWS now!

(Despite his manager and the Crows confirming his intent to get through to us in the PSD)

‘But...but, GWS didn’t even want him, they don’t rate him much...’

‘This doesn’t make up for the Crouch trade’

Never change, Crows fans, never change

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fact Crows will not use all their draft picks.
Hately through PSD, Pick 1, Borlase, Newchurch are 4 players. Depending what happens with Edwards, that is 5 players. McKay is likely to get a 1 year extension. Lists will need to be maximum 44 including rookies and minimum 37 with 1 rookie. Given what we already know there would be an expectation the crows would bundle 2nd rounders and pick 9 to hope move closer or within a top 5 pick.
I wonder if we will consider any players who are DFA?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well One thing as it stands pick 40, 56 and 66 should give us enough points for 2 NGA's ie Borlase and Newchurch,
Pick 40 + 196 = 625, that covers any bid after pick 30,
Picks 56 and 66 + 196 = 470 that covers bids after pick 37,

I would say it covers bids for all 3, Newchurch will be (or should be) a speculative back end pick. If he gets selected before Pick 30 I wouldn’t match it.

Not sure Edwards even nominates us, my guess is that we’ll actually end up with some surplus points

So will our pick #40 drift out ...or in at this Draft ?

You're correct, except this year maybe 25 less players will be taken in this Draft ....hence increasing the value of those picks for clubs that are still engaged at that point
I'm no expert but my guess is that 40 would come in. In the end, it's incidental if we just use it and later picks for points for NGA's and father sons. But I would not be surprised at all if Hamish sees players available there that we want and 40 becomes a live selection. I reckon that Borlase is nailed on we will take. Edwards and Newchurch unsure. I think that it will depend on where the bid comes for Edwards, and the club will be hoping that Newchurch goes through to the rookie draft. But really, I have no idea :)

Especially now it appears that list sizes will not reduce this year, we can take some speculative rookie picks. And in the main draft, see who is still on the board against our ratings on live selections.

And honestly, with Hamish's ability to pick players out of round 3 I would not want to be one of the uncontracted players at the moment. He will have some kids on his list that I almost certainly think will be there. Plus, we will want to keep at least one spot open for the mid season draft next year where we will have first pick, and be able to have a look at the Victorian kids that missed and didn't play this year. There will be someone emerge from that for sure.

So the news on list sizes is good news for us.

I'm no expert but my guess is that 40 would come in. In the end, it's incidental if we just use it and later picks for points for NGA's and father sons. But I would not be surprised at all if Hamish sees players available there that we want and 40 becomes a live selection. I reckon that Borlase is nailed on we will take. Edwards and Newchurch unsure. I think that it will depend on where the bid comes for Edwards, and the club will be hoping that Newchurch goes through to the rookie draft. But really, I have no idea :)

Especially now it appears that list sizes will not reduce this year, we can take some speculative rookie picks. And in the main draft, see who is still on the board against our ratings on live selections.

And honestly, with Hamish's ability to pick players out of round 3 I would not want to be one of the uncontracted players at the moment. He will have some kids on his list that I almost certainly think will be there. Plus, we will want to keep at least one spot open for the mid season draft next year where we will have first pick, and be able to have a look at the Victorian kids that missed and didn't play this year. There will be someone emerge from that for sure.

You can consider Borlase a lock. He publicly confirmed that the Crows have told him they’d take him in the draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We basically got Hately and 23 for Phil Davis and pick 10 in the 2011 draft.

#amidoingitright
Oh that bloke with the twat knot.

Can anyone confirm, but if Jones gets selected in the top 5, how can Port match? They don't have many picks to offer

FFS stop the bitching! Bitching all week we will get screwed and give more than we need to. Bitching all week that we don’t have the guts to go PSD. Bitching all week that we will fold at the last second.

Now bitching the AFL will change the rules or he will sign with GWS. Talk about trying to find negative out of every situation.

****ing cheer up, at this stage we are getting what looks to be a great player that will play 10 years at our club for NOTHING!!!

I think we likely keep a list spot or 2 free with the word the AFL look like having two "mid" season drafts in 2021....that will give clubs the jump on the 2021 draft especially on the Vic 19 year old lads that will likely miss out with recruiters unsure of their improvement due to no NAB League/Nationals football in 2020. That is of course if the AFL don't ordain that those players can't be takenuntil the 2021 National Draft which would seem unlikely.

FFS stop the bitching! Bitching all week we will get screwed and give more than we need to. Bitching all week that we don’t have the guts to go PSD. Bitching all week that we will fold at the last second.

Now botching the AFL will change the riles or he will sign with GWS. Talk about trying to find negative out of every situation.

******* cheer up, at this stage we are getting what looks to be a great player that will play 10 years at our club for NOTHING!!!
As it turns out it was really the GWS that sent Jackson to the pre-season draft because we apparently put several deals forward that involved pick 40 and even some steak knives.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back