Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lukosius one of the nicest blokes you will meet, but as yet has never got close to reaching his so called potential.
The two things you need apart from ability to survive in todays game is the ability to be competitive and
apply pressure, Jack has never shown that he can offer either of these qualities.
The big question will be can he change his attitude in these areas.
Only time will tell but i have my doubts.

A new look forward line. Lukosius for 36 & F2 initial offer I guess. Cant trade their F1 until they get a F1 from Houston.
Don't have to get a future first. The AFL can approve teams trading their future first out even if they haven't met the required number of picks.

The rule was brought in to stop teams from trading out their future. Port would be able to argue that in trading out first round picks it brought in JHF, a second year player and that he should be counted as use of a first round pick.

Also they were the youngest playing finals this year.

Yes, but there's a huge difference between Port's future 1st and the Crows. Based on current positions, it's pick 16 vs. pick 4.

It'd be a steal to get him for a couple of 2nds, but our future 1st isn’t that bad, especially if we get two 1sts for Houston.
Not sure you will get what ended as the easiest draw next year though, you get Lukosius but you loss Houston and then there's Hinkley.

You use the term "playing tough footy" for Port Power in Finals very lightly there.

Everyone knows he's on big money... he's not gonna leave 2x1m per year at GC for peanuts. Could have just stayed there collected 2m then move back in 2 years.

Would you be happy if they upped the offer to get him? Port had 0 fwd structure on Friday night. A key forward is a must for them.
Crows always offer more.

Port's offer was a six-year deal, t’s understood Lukosius was offered a more lucrative deal to join Adelaide

Crows always offer more.

Port's offer was a six-year deal, t’s understood Lukosius was offered a more lucrative deal to join Adelaide
I'll bet when the dust settles, lukosius will say it was 2 things that swayed him and the first will be the role at Port as a key forward and then a distant 2nd it will be playing with his mate Rozee. He would be looking at Ports front half thinking its cherry ripe for him to come in and make a spot there his.

I'll bet when the dust settles, lukosius will say it was 2 things that swayed him and the first will be the role at Port as a key forward and then a distant 2nd it will be playing with his mate Rozee. He would be looking at Ports front half thinking its cherry ripe for him to come in and make a spot there his.
nah, he want's to play for a team that can win away from home

Move makes sense for both parties.

Would've liked him at the Crows but never thought it was likely, for those reasons and others. Think he'll do well at Port.

Not sure you will get what ended as the easiest draw next year though, you get Lukosius but you loss Houston and then there's Hinkley.
Since 2020 port have had a 1st, 2nd x2, 3rd and only once did they finish out of the 8. This year has been one of the most even years ever so what is this “easy draw”?

Bit of luck, and Kenny is gone.

We won a final without Houston. Should get a good return for him anyway. Luckily, even if we don’t get Perryman as a replacement, half-back is our most stacked position.

Adding to this is to be fair, Adelaide seems ot have pretty good tall coverage in their forward line (looking in from the outside), and are looking for midfield class to fatten that up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since 2020 port have had a 1st, 2nd x2, 3rd and only once did they finish out of the 8. This year has been one of the most even years ever so what is this “easy draw”?

Bit of luck, and Kenny is gone.

We won a final without Houston. Should get a good return for him anyway. Luckily, even if we don’t get Perryman as a replacement, half-back is our most stacked position.

I'd love to know what the smoothing out of a contract actually looks like. I've seen it reported he is owed 1.9 million over the next two years.

If you look at that as $950k for first two years then Port say your deal is $750k for the remaining 4 years, do they say "Realistically we would offer you 6 years at $750k but we will honour the value of the Gold Coast deal so it's 6x$750k plus the extra $400k you are owed from Gold Coast"

Ditto for the Bowes deal, are these guys taking the contract on offer which is independent of how the new team rates them and then they are just given the rest as back pay? If they are doing dumb shit like just accepting say a 6 year deal at $750k with no consideration to money owed, they need to fire their managers.

GC will be able to swap his salary for Rioli and Dustin Martin.

Can Port get enough for Houston to satisfy Richmond for Rioli and they rotate the three way trade with Richmond holding the picks at the end?
I’d be shocked if Rioli got more than Houston. Same age and position yet Houston is far better and has x2 AAs to back that up.
Doesn’t change anything of what I said. Still an even year, and look at our recent finishes. Port also beat every finalist but Giants and Lions this year. Port aren’t falling off like you think.

Why anyone would want to play for Kenny Hinkley is anyone's guess
Be carefull what you wish for, I will tell you why.

(1) Port have made three prelims in five seasons; the Crows haven't made finals for seven seasons.
(2) Port has modern, world-class club facilities, compared to the dustbowl at West Lakes.
(3) It's not at all surprising that Port is a more attractive destination right now where the Crows desperately need to return to the finals to attract players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back