News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

When should they look to improve facilities?

Costs & prices are only going to increase moving forward, so taking on the project in 1 year, 5 years or 10 years is only going to cost us more.

Best to get it locked in now and completed sooner rather than later
sure but not when prices are spiraling 50% in the planning phase, inflation remains 'sticky' all over the world, another 50% cost blow out, we will imperil the club, and for what?

1. wait till we get some price certainty

2. develop a popular plan that can actually be fully-funded, so as not to have to scrape the skin off member's hands

3. don't go to members DURING A COST OF LIVING CRISIS to fund a luxury, when many members will struggle enough to pay their standard membership, along with mortgage, energy and food costs.

It's a disgrace that No. 3 has happened.

Ivory tower stuff. They have been amazing for a long time, but we may need change at the top at RFC, non-football leadership has lost their way a fair bit here. Privilege check required.

sure but not when prices are spiraling 50% in the planning phase, inflation remains 'sticky' all over the world, another 50% cost blow out, we will imperil the club, and for what?

2. develop a popular plan that can actually be fully-funded, so as not to have to scrape the skin off member's hands

3. don't go to members DURING A COST OF LIVING CRISIS to fund a luxury, when many members will struggle enough to pay their standard membership, along with mortgage, energy and food costs.

Ivory tower stuff. They have been amazing for a long time, but we may need change at the top at RFC, non-football leadership has lost their way a fair bit here. Privilege check required.
I don't get the angst in the club asking members to chip in. Nobody at the club is holding a gun to peoples heads and saying pay up or else. They are asking those that are able to, to help where they can. I would also suggest that there is some sort of certainty with regards cost, hence the club asking for members to contribute where they can so that we can get the project up and running to avoid any further cost blow outs.

The longer we wait the more expensive it will be. That is a certainty.

Wait too long and the stand will eventually become heritage listed and Richmond will have to move out of Richmond.
No one is forcing you to do anything. They would have done a drive like this at some point because people like to feel like they've contributed to the redevelopment, above and beyond their Membership dollars.

I don't get the angst in the club asking members to chip in. Nobody at the club is holding a gun to peoples heads and saying pay up or else. They are asking those that are able to, to help where they can. I would also suggest that there is some sort of certainty with regards cost, hence the club asking for members to contribute where they can so that we can get the project up and running to avoid any further cost blow outs.
I mean, every club that has built new facilities has asked members and supporters to donate if they can. Bit bizarre that so many on here are getting their panties in a twist over something like this. It was always going to happen, whether it cost 70 or 100 million.

Of course that's how we always portray it - free to ask, and free to take part or take leave.

But let's get real for a minute. Footy clubs trade off emotion and loyalty. They know that to ask their fans, is to push their fans. And many of the most susceptible to tugging on the heart + purse strings will be the least able to afford it.

Poor form when nearly everyone is doing it really tough currently.

Anyway, let's enjoy the VFL for a bit!

Not sure you can blame the club for living thru a period where building costs have spiraled exponentially , we are a club at the end of the day so members can support if they see fit , it’s not the only funding avenue . Tbh if I was in the board I’d be exploring , 1 if we could downsize or two could it be done in stages . We do appear to be going rolls Royce option, looking at WC facility looks more like a footy club amenity that the Carlton ritz , that’s where I’d be reviewing . If this next stage looked more like the previous addition , I guarantee it wouldn’t be 100mn ,,,,,,prob 1/2 at most

Of course that's how we always portray it - free to ask, and free to take part or take leave.

But let's get real for a minute. Footy clubs trade off emotion and loyalty. They know that to ask their fans, is to push their fans. And many of the most susceptible to tugging on the heart + purse strings will be the least able to afford it.

Poor form when nearly everyone is doing it really tough currently.

Anyway, let's enjoy the VFL for a bit!
It’s not poor form , would be remiss if the club didn’t ,,,you’re not compelled to

thanks for the photoshopped back into traditional yellow fridge cards rfc

you know what, if you actually change back to the traditional yellow for our playing kit and get rid of the rubbish fluro hi vis work wear yellow , I might actually donate

IMG_4837.jpeg

4.1 million dollars in yesterday's state budget was committed to a new scoreboard at Gmhba stadium to replace the perfectly fine one in the pic below.

And there is already two full size scoreboards.

During a cost of living crisis. And the state is in 180 billion in debt.

View attachment 1983164
yet we cant get a bit of funding for a womens facility

mysoginists

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond desperate to get funds while the government hands funds to Geelong on a silver platter.
Geelong make me sick to the guts that cheat club.
Shocking's and Chris Scott's rule changes.
Weazels state of the game.
GAGF

It is not too late to pull out of the proposed redevelopment plan.
The best two oval redevelopment projects of recent years are the Junction Oval and Arden Street.
The former is best.
They retained the two heritage stands and built a new complex.
To avoid congestion, AFLW can lease facilities at a suburban footy field.
On-field success has nothing to do with a new edifice.
As Dimma always says, footy is a performance based industry.
Practical results, not deluded blueprints.
Have not read one scintilla of the propaganda they mailed out.
Have a proviso in the contract to extract from the mess.

Last edited:
WHATS IN IT FOR MEEEEEEEEEEE???????? FFS!!!

DON'T CHIP IN IF YOU FEEL THAT WAY BUT DON'T EXPECT ME TO MOVE OUT OF MY SEAT IN THE NEW JACK DYER STAND FOR YOU!!!

OH YEAH, DON'T MOAN ABOUT OUR PERFORMANCE IF WE DON'T GET UP TO DATE TRAINING FACILITIES EITHER

Remove this Banner Ad

Back