Player Watch Jack Bytel

Remove this Banner Ad

6 month contract. He has the rest of the season to impress. If not....
From what I've been told, he nominated the 6 month contract to increase his chances of being selected. He can't do much at the moment whilst he's injured..

I can't fathom how anyone could suggest delisting a guy we only just selected & hasn't even debuted yet..

From what I've been told, he nominated the 6 month contract to increase his chances of being selected. He can't do much at the moment whilst he's injured..

I can't fathom how anyone could suggest delisting a guy we only just selected & hasn't even debuted yet..
90% of those that nominated for MSD nominate for 6 month contacts, to like you said, increase their chances.
They clearly like him enough not just have him the program all pre-season and during the season but then to select him.

He is on a 6 month contract. His chances of delisting are at best similar to anyone else who is out of contract at the end of the year. The Pies clearly like what he can bring but is it better than:
Begg
Steene
Bytel
Carmichael
Sullivan
Richards
Kreuger
Ect

We dont know because he hasnt played with our AFL team yet but maybe he does badly or never plays because of injury.
We need to delist at least 3 players every year because you have to draft 3 players every year (sure we may redraft them like Hawthorn did Wingard) but let's not pretend that Ned might not be in danger by the end of the year. Hey we might need to delist more than that if we pick up any trades or free agents.

He is on a 6 month contract. His chances of delisting are at best similar to anyone else who is out of contract at the end of the year. The Pies clearly like what he can bring but is it better than:
Begg
Steene
Bytel
Carmichael
Sullivan
Richards
Kreuger
Ect

We dont know because he hasnt played with our AFL team yet but maybe he does badly or never plays because of injury.
We need to delist at least 3 players every year because you have to draft 3 players every year (sure we may redraft them like Hawthorn did Wingard) but let's not pretend that Ned might not be in danger by the end of the year. Hey we might need to delist more than that if we pick up any trades or free agents.
Did you read what Jen2310 said?

90% of the msd players nominated a 6 month contract.

He's injured.

Why or how would/could anyone consider delisting a guy we only just selected knowing he was injured? 😆

I'd say he's a much better chance of being retained over Carmichael & Begg for a start, yes.

Last edited:
Dud you read what Jen2310 said?

90% of the msd players nominated a 6 month contract.

He's injured.

Why or how would/could anyone consider delisting a guy we only just selected knowing he was injured? 😆

I'd say he's a much better chance of being retained over Carmichael & Begg for a start, yes.
I really don't understand your thinking on this. I don't think he will be delisted. But he is a chance. It's like you don't understand how the AFL works.

I really don't understand your thinking on this. I don't think he will be delisted. But he is a chance. It's like you don't understand how the AFL works.
I do understand how the AFL works.

We selected him a few weeks ago.

I don't understand why his name would be brought up in any delisting discussion when he hasn't even played yet. It's silly.

I do understand how the AFL works.

We selected him a few weeks ago.

I don't understand why his name would be brought up in any delisting discussion when he hasn't even played yet. It's silly.
All OOC players will be in discussion. More so at the end of the year. I'm going to leave you here with your laughing 😃 and "silly" comments.

Players nominate whatever the club interested in them wants them to nominate.

Collingwood would've told him they want to draft him on a 6 month contract so that's what he nominated for. Clubs and managers are in constant dialogue.

Players nominate whatever the club interested in them wants them to nominate.

Collingwood would've told him they want to draft him on a 6 month contract so that's what he nominated for. Clubs and managers are in constant dialogue.
Read what Jen2310 said.

90% of the MSD players nominated a 6 month contract to increase their chances of being selected.

The point of this discussion was not about the length of contract. It was in reply to a poster suggesting 'at least one of Long or Bytel should be delisted'.

I think it's ludicrous to be including a player we selected only just a few weeks ago who has not even played a game yet & is still in the rehab group in any type of 'should be delisting' discussion.

And quite frankly, I'm over this topic. I look forward to watching Ned play his first game with us before talking about moving him on.

Hard to judge his two sub games considering how brief they were. The one game he did start against the dogs though was very poor, which is a shame considering that was a real chance for him to make a statement for selection in the future.

Since he’s been in the AFL system long enough, I don’t think the club will give him a second season if he doesn’t show something this year. Doesn’t surprise me at all, the ratio of success for ‘Recycled’ players doesn’t seem to be that high, not everybody ends up like Markov.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does he get games ahead of Kids like Reef/Allan/Harry D/Parker ?

They have a Future where Bytel has none as he is Offers Stuff All
Yea I don't really understand why we cut Poulter so early if we were just going to get someone like Bytel in and give him games over kids with more potential upside.

He's basically Poulter without the penetrating left foot and less of an ability to find the pill

Not many are stopping a well timed McCluggage straight arm fend, if that's the incident you're referring to.
Given the limitations around Bytel’s game, he’s got to be one of the few that can.

I also remember a couple of other incidents he got brushed off easily.

If he’s not offering a physical edge against opposition wingers then what’s his value?

Given the limitations around Bytel’s game, he’s got to be one of the few that can.

I also remember a couple of other incidents he got brushed off easily.

If he’s not offering a physical edge against opposition wingers then what’s his value?
Agree - he’s got the body to be far more effective but he constantly hesitates at the contest. He needs to be far more committed at the hard ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jack Bytel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back