It's Good That Essendon Is Shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
WHAT would Essendon be most concerned about after another disaster at Etihad Stadium yesterday? Take your pick.
There was the obvious, of course. Another insipid performance that netted just two goals in a half against a team that had won two of its previous 16 games. But there were just as worrying signs beyond the boundary line.
Like Essendon's disappearing fan base, yesterday's turnout of under 29,000 the Bombers' smallest crowd for a home game against the Lions for 15 years. That came after two sub-60,000 crowds against big rivals Carlton and Collingwood, and a few weeks after the Dons recorded their lowest home crowd against any team for 12 years.
Then there was the reaction of those who did bother turning up. Essendon crowds used to get angry when things weren't going well. These days, the mood seems to be far more one of resignation.

The Age: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...dding-to-the-bombers-woes-20100822-13av3.html

Essendon are given shit, but they are much like Richmond supporters...and Carlton supporters...and Collingwood supporters, and EVERY other teams supporters, a majority only come out when they are winning.

It's good that Essendon & Carlton have struggled a great deal recently, it just shows you that no team is bigger than the sport and dominating a code by winning so many premierships can harm the rest of the competition.

I still find it bemusing how Essendon can have 16 premierships and St.Kilda only the 1. AFL has changed to the point where a club works for years to get things right and faces time around the bottom of the ladder whilst sorting themselves out (Geelong, Brisbane) and if things go right, you can create a dynasty and it just shows you do not have to be Carlton or Essendon to win a premiership.

It's time to allow the other teams to catch up boys. Geelong have jumped to 8, Hawthorn to an incredible 10 and even long suffering South Melbourne/Sydney supporters got their day in the sun. 15/16 clubs have won a premiership, while in the last 20 years West Coast, Adelaide, Port Adelaide, Brisbane & Sydney won their first, and Geelong broke a 44 year drought.

If all things go right, then in the next 10 years I would hope this is how the premiership table runs...

2010 - St. Kilda
2011 - Collingwood
2012 - Fremantle
2013 - Melbourne
2014 - North Melbourne
2015 - Richmond
2016 - Gold Coast
2018 - Western Bulldogs (won't be doing it for a while sadly)
2019 - Western Sydney
2020 - Richmond (personal bias...shoot me :D)

These are the teams that should be winning premierships, and I hope that Carlton & Essendon struggle to win another premiership for a while.

2611ziq.jpg

Mate, just because you're mentally challenged, don't take it out on me.

And I suppose if I was mentally challanged that's a bad thing? Because you are insulting me by calling me a '******' in a prettier way.

There are a lot of people who work with, are and actually have to care for people with disabilities, and your insult showcases your lack of respect for people in the community that deal with problems they didn't choose to have.

Very disrespectful mate, you could have even called me a muppet and I would have taken the piss, but mentally challanged is not an insult you should use on anyone, but I guess your mummy didn't teach you that yesterday did she? :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahah it's actually funny because all that have posted here have claimed it's a shit thread, who made it shit? The person posting something for discussion or for those to narrowminded to discuss it?

Throw it to the bay, because Carlton & Essendon supporters have had their feelings hurt over something that is just an opinion.

Hope the pain continues longer boys, just my opinion...oh and I also hope Collingwood get to 17, just for shits and giggles.

And I suppose if I was mentally challanged that's a bad thing? Because you are insulting me by calling me a '******' in a prettier way.

There are a lot of people who work with, are and actually have to care for people with disabilities, and your insult showcases your lack of respect for people in the community that deal with problems they didn't choose to have.

Very disrespectful mate, you could have even called me a muppet and I would have taken the piss, but mentally challanged is not an insult you should use on anyone, but I guess your mummy didn't teach you that yesterday did she? :thumbsdown:

Ok - you're a muppet. Worst OP ever !

Hahah it's actually funny because all that have posted here have claimed it's a shit thread, who made it shit? The person posting something for discussion or for those to narrowminded to discuss it?

Throw it to the bay, because Carlton & Essendon supporters have had their feelings hurt over something that is just an opinion.

Hope the pain continues longer boys, just my opinion...oh and I also hope Collingwood get to 17, just for shits and giggles.

Just remember who was the last club you played in a GF and how that loss sent you into a 30 year quagmire of mediocrity.

Once upon a time Richmond would put up an unbelievable fight for their cherished 9th spot. If they fell short it created massive tension throughout their club. They viewed 9th as their birthright, not a distant hope. Now it seems 15th is the new 9th.

:)

The Age: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...dding-to-the-bombers-woes-20100822-13av3.html

Essendon are given shit, but they are much like Richmond supporters...and Carlton supporters...and Collingwood supporters, and EVERY other teams supporters, a majority only come out when they are winning.

Sorry dude. You lost me here.

In 1999, the year we won the spoon, and the year before Essendon won the flag, we averaged the second highest crowds behind the bombers.

Most of the biggest crowds that year were still Collingwood games.

Year 2000? The same.

Year 2001? The same

Year 2002? We went back up to first thanks to us making the Grand Final.

Point is, whether we're first or last, our supporters come to games and buy memberships. So don't put us in the same boat as any of you fairweathers.

It's good that Essendon & Carlton have struggled a great deal recently, it just shows you that no team is bigger than the sport and dominating a code by winning so many premierships can harm the rest of the competition.

I still find it bemusing how Essendon can have 16 premierships and St.Kilda only the 1. AFL has changed to the point where a club works for years to get things right and faces time around the bottom of the ladder whilst sorting themselves out (Geelong, Brisbane) and if things go right, you can create a dynasty and it just shows you do not have to be Carlton or Essendon to win a premiership.

It's time to allow the other teams to catch up boys. Geelong have jumped to 8, Hawthorn to an incredible 10 and even long suffering South Melbourne/Sydney supporters got their day in the sun. 15/16 clubs have won a premiership, while in the last 20 years West Coast, Adelaide, Port Adelaide, Brisbane & Sydney won their first, and Geelong broke a 44 year drought.

If all things go right, then in the next 10 years I would hope this is how the premiership table runs...

2010 - St. Kilda
2011 - Collingwood
2012 - Fremantle
2013 - Melbourne
2014 - North Melbourne
2015 - Richmond
2016 - Gold Coast
2018 - Western Bulldogs (won't be doing it for a while sadly)
2019 - Western Sydney
2020 - Richmond (personal bias...shoot me :D)

These are the teams that should be winning premierships, and I hope that Carlton & Essendon struggle to win another premiership for a while.
I,d add Hawthorn to that list and Richmond a little earlier than that. I,d take out GC17 and GWS but thats allowing a little bias of my own in, as I hate the two new clubs anyway and hope they fall over.
Are you an American footy fan, or are you an Americanfooty fan?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's Good That Essendon Is Shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back