Is it just me...

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, San Antonio Spurs
... or do you find it absolutely fantastic that the so called 'super sleuth' journos with all their 'sources' & 'hunches' knew absolutely nothing about the A) Mark Harvey dismissal &; B) the Ross Lyon defection & appointment....

Where were you Mike, Robbo, Caro, Denham, Blake, Hutchy, Barrett, Ralph & co? Absolute muppets! Just goes to show, unless the story is 'sourced' by a complete imbecile like Kim Duthie etc, the journos really do know SFA just like the rest of us!

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I think a big part of it might be because Lyon made negotiations behind his managers back.

We usually hear rumours of these dealings weeks and months in advance and I wouldn't be surprised if it's because player managers were making money on the side somewhere from journos by leaking stories as soon as their clients approach them.

I think a big part of it might be because Lyon made negotiations behind his managers back.

We usually hear rumours of these dealings weeks and months in advance and I wouldn't be surprised if it's because player managers were making money on the side somewhere from journos by leaking stories as soon as their clients approach them.

And getting clubs like St Kilda (who had a contracted coach) to offer bigger contracts on the basis of fear he might sign a contract reportedly offered by another club in the media. (Melbourne)

Did notice what that moron Damien Barrett said on TFS last night? Something along the lines of "I heard earlier this week that Mark Harvey was under pressure".

Absolute load of shit, he was too busy pumping out idiotic bullshit about how Lyon was a cert for the dees to swipe. Even when the reporters are wrong, they still try and say that they knew what was happening.

The managers and clubs all use the media. In this case there were no managers, just Lyon and Fremantle. Lyon had absolutely no benefit from using the media. He would have looked worse in betraying St Kilda and screwing Harvey. Same goes for Freo, if they had leaked this they would look even more evil.

So there were no benefits for a deliberate link. Lyon only had him and a law firm to keep under wraps. Freo had the CEO, the chairman and the head of football. Sounds like it only needed to be 5 guys and none of them had anything to benefit from leaking it. Well done Freo and Lyon.

Did notice what that moron Damien Barrett said on TFS last night? Something along the lines of "I heard earlier this week that Mark Harvey was under pressure".

Absolute load of shit, he was too busy pumping out idiotic bullshit about how Lyon was a cert for the dees to swipe. Even when the reporters are wrong, they still try and say that they knew what was happening.
Yep. I really feel for sportsnewsfirst in all of this. They need to increase the bullets in the gun so that they shoot all the fish in the barrel, that way they might get one right eventually.

It's b/c the media has some weird fascination with Mick Malthouse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, I don't find it fantastic.

Ross Lyon has a reputation for treating his assistants like shit. He has a slave driver mentality with his players. He comes across as a selfish, aloof arse.

Now he has proved he was a duplicitous, backstabbing, lying character who can stand there and claim his integrity is intact. It is. He had none before. He has none now. So I guess in that sense, its intact. Now we know.

Keeping it from the press was rather amusing.

Lyon is still a (typed a few words, deleted, re-typed, wondered where the happy medium between getting banned and expressing opinion lied) less than respectful man.

Reputation goes a long way in football, and this bloke has none to speak of now.

All these dirty little journos are getting so huffy that they had absolutely no idea, and writing all sorts of pathetic junk as a hurried response.

It's absolutely ****ing hilarious.

Every other time there's been a coach movement, everyone's inexplicably known for ages. What's the difference here? No ****ing agents involved of course, the message here to clubs is that if you don't want this stuff aired to the public so early, don't use an agent... ;)

Keeping it from the press was rather amusing.

Lyon is still a (typed a few words, deleted, re-typed, wondered where the happy medium between getting banned and expressing opinion lied) less than respectful man.

Reputation goes a long way in football, and this bloke has none to speak of now.
With whatever due respect, he commands no more or less respect than Thompson, who, quite possibly cost his team a shot at the flag due to what increasingly appears like one of the finer displays of petulance in the modern footballing era.

Nevertheless, Lyon beat the media at their own game, and handled himself brilliantly in front of a pathetic media that were calling for his head mid-season due to St Kilda's very average record.

Lyon summed it up perfectly; He asked for an extension in May, and only got offered it when he had won 9 of the last 11 (or whatever it was).

So who's disloyal?

The bloke that said 'Trust me, I'm good enough' or the team that said 'Prove it'?

One of the odd things about footy is the way people always want to hang shit on anyone and everyone.

Lyon gets an offer he can't refuse from Freo and everyone instantly jumps on his back and they call him every name under the sun. These wheelings and dealings are unpalatable for some, but hardly worthy of the hysterical moralizing and grandstanding. If you didn't follow the footy, you'd be excused for thinking Ross Lyon was a bent copper or a disgraced politician. The criticism has been completely over the top.

Some of the St Kilda fans prefer to hang shit on their CEO, Nettlefold, as though it's all his fault not signing Lyon mid year when they were in the bottom 4.

Outsiders hang shit on St Kilda and Melbourne for losing out to Fremantle when basically, they've both been trumped by a club with more cash than they've got. Other people hang shit on Freo for paying out Mark Harvey's contract and signing a bloke they think will deliver them a flag. But where's the crime in doing that?

This thread takes a whole new angle on who we should hang shit on. This time it's all those fools in the media whose job it is to find these stories. But how could they have possibly known about it when the Freo power brokers and Ross Lyon kept this a secret? Once the story broke, they were all over it.

Barrett, Hutchy and Caro have to act as though they know everything, even when it's obvious they are in the dark. Not much different really to Mike Sheahan who pretends to be an expert on football, or the shithouse AFL coach who bluffs everyone into thinking he actually knows what he is doing.

It's all part of the game. We don't have to always point fingers and look for villains. Anyway, carry on. Feel free to hang shit on me for posting this worthless crap. It won't achieve much, but you'll probably feel better.

No its not just you!
The media know nothing!!
As for Lyon,good on him,after all the crap he had to deal with with that club, I say GO WEST:thumbsu:

Nah, I don't find it fantastic.

Ross Lyon has a reputation for treating his assistants like shit. He has a slave driver mentality with his players. He comes across as a selfish, aloof arse.

Now he has proved he was a duplicitous, backstabbing, lying character who can stand there and claim his integrity is intact. It is. He had none before. He has none now. So I guess in that sense, its intact. Now we know.
This is absolutely spot on,fancy having Lyon as a mate you would,nt need many enemies.The media like the rest of us had no idea this was about to happen they were done like dinner.LOL:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Super sleuths are fed rumours intentionally by coaches,players,managers and clubs alike to help get their messages across.
It just goes to show if those not wanting anyone to really know whats going on keep their mouths closed.No one will be any the wiser.
Believe me when I say journalists aren't that smart and basicaly a pack of gossip mongering old Women(or blokes in Caros case):p

With whatever due respect, he commands no more or less respect than Thompson, who, quite possibly cost his team a shot at the flag due to what increasingly appears like one of the finer displays of petulance in the modern footballing era.

Nevertheless, Lyon beat the media at their own game, and handled himself brilliantly in front of a pathetic media that were calling for his head mid-season due to St Kilda's very average record.

Lyon summed it up perfectly; He asked for an extension in May, and only got offered it when he had won 9 of the last 11 (or whatever it was).

So who's disloyal?

The bloke that said 'Trust me, I'm good enough' or the team that said 'Prove it'?

You are right. Geelong could have Bradburied last year's finals considering how shite the Pies played in the first GF. :D

And no, there is nothing to admire about lying to someone you have trust with. As a matter of fact its the easiest thing in the world to do if thats what you want to do. The fact that others do it too, is not an excuse.

Is it just me.....................

I do find it funny that nobody knew anything about it but I also feel a bit sad that the OP can reel off all the journos names in the OP.

I bet you didn't even have to think about it as you were typing it in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back