Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

tolerance which extends only to those with left opinions

fair to those with left opinions

if they have left opinions

Politics is left and right, but just because someone votes for a particular party doesnt mean they disagree with everything the opposition says. There would be many democrat voters who agree with some republican takes on an issue and vice versa. There would be democrats who enjoy guns. Only a fool would say one side is right on every issue and every policy all the time. Like the blind belief that the right are better economic managers. Only a complete idiot would believe that as a given. But there are times they will be better than the left just like the left can be better than the right at other times.

Ultimately, in the age of social media political parties have resorted to a focus on the candidates more than policy.

As for tolerance, again I think its the issue more than the party and the effect. What we see with Trump though is many on the left not having a tolerance for MAGA because they have literally said on record some of the dumbest, stupidest and insulting shit over the last 8 years. So I think unfortunately for MAGA, they are their own worst enemy and have no right to claim victim over tolerance. Especially when they are the ones who ran around beating Asian people to a pulp and telling to get lost and go back to China during covid. Just one example.

Edit> Just further on tolerance, yeah the left have been far from perfect on this too. Especially with the trans debate. Without going into it, some of their actions have been more harmful to their cause. And they easily jumped the shark on the racism issue as well. But to be fair, the right arent into racism either and there would also be republican trans people too. So these issues may not be just left vs right as we think.

Last edited:
lol this is perfection.
Brutal.

It was brutal to Trump in the swing states but MAGA wont care. This was merely the progression from Trump of first labelling negative news against him Fake News to now labelling Fact Checking unfair and misleading. His reasoning is so he can talk about rumours, talking points he hears from fox etc. He just doesnt want to learn particulars because he is a fat lazy unintelligent dozy git.

Weak as piss. The big bully until anyone stands up to him and then he runs away. He really is a very pathetic man.

Like JD interjecting at the VP debate telling Moderators to not fact check him

They dont want to run on facts and policy, they are doing everything they can to bring down Harris. This is why they will lose.

No

People like me, what is that please ? White ? Great family ? Financially secure ? are these the things you hate so much?

Glad you didn’t straight out call me for misogynistic views as my magnificent Wife and Daughters
would beg to differ as successful women with a balanced view.

Joined 12/10/2012 as Crow in Bali , changed name after returning to Australia so sorry nothing for you there.

have a great day .
Hey mate

Just read your views in here and they seem intelligent and balanced.

Can I ask what GOP policies you most agree with? And what Dem policies you most disagree with?

Have you a view on any of the following points I raised? Genuinely interested to get the opposite sides perspective and engage in constructive conversation, cheers

I can give you a quick view from a macro economic and finance perspective (my career):

The US is leading the G7 nations in terms of total growth out of CV

It has historically low U/E after having the highest U/E since the Great Depression under Trump

Share markets in the US (Nasdaq, S&P, Dow Jones) have hit over 40 records highs this year

Inflation is a global thing due to various factors, but the US is doing better than almost anyone at getting it under control

US interest rates now falling whilst in Oz we wont see that until next year at the earliest

Economic experts have shown a middle class economy booming is MUCH more effective than the 'trickle down' tax cuts for the rich that Trump enacted and will do more of

Inflation under trade protection measures (tariffs on all goods of 10-20%) will become so much worse and also negatively impact GDP in the US. Trump seemingly doesnt even understand the basics of tariffs and who pays for it - importers and consumers - and not the exporting country he thinks. He has no ****** idea - its just embarrassing

Lastly under Trump US gave up global control of many critical minerals needed for the new age economy - rare earths, EV materials etc. Bidens IRA is fixing this

They dont want to run on facts and policy, they are doing everything they can to bring down Harris. This is why they will lose.
i know you keep saying that but bettings odds - wrong only once since 1860 - currently have Trump at 1.72 and Harris 2.0. He has been gaining favouritism in recent days,

Personally don’t think it wise to ignore odds when they are such an accurate predictor historically, will come down to 4-5 swing states like PA and other Great Lake states and NC, Georgia etc

tolerance which extends only to those with left opinions

fair to those with left opinions

if they have left opinions
Tolerant countries by definition need to be intolerant to intolerance.

I personally don't think being racist, bigoted or ignorant are characteristics of the right, its just we have posters with those characteristics that identify as RWs.

so no, its not about being tolerant to 'left' views, its just being intolerant to intolerance.

Edit - being a cooker or a climate denier is also not a 'right wing' thing, stupid is just stupid.

Last edited:
i know you keep saying that but bettings odds - wrong only once since 1860 - currently have Trump at 1.72 and Harris 2.0. He has been gaining favouritism in recent days,

Personally don’t think it wise to ignore odds when they are such an accurate predictor historically, will come down to 4-5 swing states like PA and other Great Lake states and NC, Georgia etc

Americans cant bet and this election is far different from any previous election (other than 2016). There is a women of colour running.

So here is the reality. Misogyny runs rife in society. the main demographic of gamblers are young men of all races. Many cultures around the world still foster traditional roles where men are treated like kings in the house hold and women are second class citizens. Add the extra element of race and here we are.

Only an idiot would put money on trump as he is being belted in every poll and looks set to lose some red states with Texas and Florida in play, I think even Iowa is in play. Swing states also look like going to Harris.

Only an idiot would put money on trump as he is being belted in every poll and looks set to lose some red states with Texas and Florida in play, I think even Iowa is in play. Swing states also look like going to Harris.
Texas and Florida aren't happening.

I think it's possible for Harris to win if Dems turn out but this stuff about a landslide doesn't seem likely. What concerns me is that If polling errors were to match 2020, Harris would be blown out of the water. I don't get much comfort from polling underestimating the Dems in the midterms either because Trump wasn't on the ballot in 2022.

For a Dem landslide, that would mean polling is actually underestimating Harris. It's possible so I don't want to completely pour water over your predictions. I don't know how you could be confident about it though.

I don't post here much but I have been skimming through and I think you've been peddling some delusional optimism. You sound like you've been listening to those chuds at the Bulwark. You're clinging onto this idea that this is all just a fever, the GOP will get a bloody nose and return to their pre-Trump platform. In reality, it's the party of Trump now and it will be until he dies. Then after he dies, they will battle it out to see who will be the next Trump.

Americans cant bet and this election is far different from any previous election (other than 2016). There is a women of colour running.

So here is the reality. Misogyny runs rife in society. the main demographic of gamblers are young men of all races. Many cultures around the world still foster traditional roles where men are treated like kings in the house hold and women are second class citizens. Add the extra element of race and here we are.

And here I go again.

I think you're wrong. I hope like hell you're right, but I think it will be terrifyingly close either way.

Too many idiot Americans believe Trump's lies. Trump knows this so he keeps on keeping on. As he himself said, if you say it often enough, people will start believing it. I won't be at all surprised to see him get another term as President.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back