Society & Culture i hate smokers

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree.
I dont believe that should be free, or everyone would use that option before going down the traditonal methods.
Gastric banding is intended to be a last ditch effort.

From what i can gather, you have basically given up on quitting via normal methods, and want others to fork out to help you.
Its your own problem to fix

Lol, this is for a separate thread and id burn you on it.

And if you actually read my posts you would see that i am paying for it by buying ecigs from america and paying no tax here on them.

I havent given up on normal methods. There are no normal methods. There are methods that are available here that are ineffective for me, and there are methods available overseas that work for me. I am effectively reducing my tax bill and sending that money off shore.

You really think thats a good thing?

Because it stinks?

You ever smelt coffee breath, or a drunk, or mcdonalds farts?

Would you rather people smoke while driving or sink a bottle of Bundy?

3pa2b6.jpg

I think most would agree with this. However, if you go around doing beer burps in people's faces, they don't like it so much. That's essentially what you are doing when you are smoking in public or around non-smokers.

The external impact of smoking is much different to drinking or any other 'poison'.

And this isnt strawman rubbish too?

You dont even have to do beer burps in my face for me to smell it.

Just exhale and it stinks, much like coffee drinkers.

Its no different.

So we should go around lighting fires in rubbish bins now should we.

Dont tell me theres ciggy bins around everywhere because any smoker will tell you they are diminishing.
There definatly should be bins more around, I ****ing hate carrying around empty water bottles for 150 meters down the road looking for bins.

Also +1 for junk food tax, Fat people are uglier then someone taking a drag

And this isnt strawman rubbish too?

You dont even have to do beer burps in my face for me to smell it.

Just exhale and it stinks, much like coffee drinkers.

Its no different.

talking to someone or being close enough to smell their breath is quite different to just walking past someone, having no contact with them, but still being able to smell the smoke and be exposed to the health risks of that. I'm talking someone in the act of smoking, not the smell of smoke which lingers on clothes etc.

re: the bin comment in your other post, no bins =/= its ok to litter. I take my rubbish with me until I find a bin. Obviously its pretty gross carrying around ciggy butts however that is the hole you dig for yourself being a smoker.

There definatly should be bins more around, I ****ing hate carrying around empty water bottles for 150 meters down the road looking for bins.

Also +1 for junk food tax, Fat people are uglier then someone taking a drag

So leave it on the ground and i can use it as an ashtray.

Yes but it has so many negative affects and i distrust it and will not use it. I have found my method that reduces smoking for me, but it is not subsidised, probably because it tastes like chocolate or cherry.

You smoke..

Lol, this is for a separate thread and id burn you on it.

And if you actually read my posts you would see that i am paying for it by buying ecigs from america and paying no tax here on them.

I havent given up on normal methods. There are no normal methods. There are methods that are available here that are ineffective for me, and there are methods available overseas that work for me. I am effectively reducing my tax bill and sending that money off shore.

You really think thats a good thing?

You talking about the gastric banding topic, if so, try me.
You already bring in enough in tax from your addiction, so if you wanna waste whatever money you have left on something else than go ahead.

So we should go around lighting fires in rubbish bins now should we.

Dont tell me theres ciggy bins around everywhere because any smoker will tell you they are diminishing.

Again, why should we and the government have to pay for you to dispose of your mess?
Smokers should have to carry their own ash tray around and then dispose of them properly.
Rather than just saying "im a smoker, i couldnt give a stuff about the environment, im too lazy to find a proper way to dispose of this butt, so ill just piff it and let someone else worry about it".

Another thing that annoys me about smokers, in particular the ones i work with, is the fact that they require multiple breaks during the day to accomodate their habit.
As a non smoker, I get my usual morning/arvo break and lunch, i dont have a lame excuse to just leave my desk and go outside for 15 mins to smoke a ciggy.
If i was a manager of these people, id say, smoke during designated break times, not when you feel the urge

talking to someone or being close enough to smell their breath is quite different to just walking past someone, having no contact with them, but still being able to smell the smoke and be exposed to the health risks of that. I'm talking someone in the act of smoking, not the smell of smoke which lingers on clothes etc.

re: the bin comment in your other post, no bins =/= its ok to litter. I take my rubbish with me until I find a bin. Obviously its pretty gross carrying around ciggy butts however that is the hole you dig for yourself being a smoker.

Im in no hole.

I just step on it and let the street sweepers do what theyre paid to do.

Another thing that annoys me about smokers, in particular the ones i work with, is the fact that they require multiple breaks during the day to accomodate their habit.
As a non smoker, I get my usual morning/arvo break and lunch, i dont have a lame excuse to just leave my desk and go outside for 15 mins to smoke a ciggy.
If i was a manager of these people, id say, smoke during designated break times, not when you feel the urge

Oh that drove me nuts at my old place, paid 20 mins smoko breaks every half our, it was ****ed.

You talking about the gastric banding topic, if so, try me.
You already bring in enough in tax from your addiction, so if you wanna waste whatever money you have left on something else than go ahead.

Again, why should we and the government have to pay for you to dispose of your mess?
Smokers should have to carry their own ash tray around and then dispose of them properly.
Rather than just saying "im a smoker, i couldnt give a stuff about the environment, im too lazy to find a proper way to dispose of this butt, so ill just piff it and let someone else worry about it".

Well i can smoke when im working most times so that doesnt apply to me. My work ethic is more efficient after a smoke. Im more focused and make less mistakes which saves time and company and client money.

As for your first part, you obviously need to reread what i said.

I am paying no tax when i buy my products overseas.

And as for your rubbish disposal comment, It certainly made me stare blankly at the screen. The waste management costs compared to how much rubbish is NOT butts and is actually food and product packaging that ends up in landfill from non smokers aswell would be significant.

I bet your bin is full every week for the council to collect.

Mines about 50% full and 1% is ciggy butts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And as for your rubbish disposal comment, It certainly made me stare blankly at the screen. The waste management costs compared to how much rubbish is NOT butts and is actually food and product packaging that ends up in landfill from non smokers aswell would be significant.

I bet your bin is full every week for the council to collect.

Mines about 50% full and 1% is ciggy butts.

I dont doubt that most of the rubbish is other waste, i hate littering in general, and i can never understand why its so hard to just hold onto a piece of rubbish for a while until you find a suitable place to dispose of it.

My bin may be full most weeks, but atleast its going to a suitable place, im not just throwing it out on the streets for someone else to clean up, or for it to basically wash away into the ocean to poison everything.

So whats your point?

Like i said, pick your poisons and let me pick mine.

Problem with this is, your poison affects others.
If smokers do it discreetly, and dont force others to breath in the smoke, then i have no issue with what you do with yourself.
Ultimately its going to affect you negatively over the long run, both in a physical and financial sense

Go to Eastern Europe, you can smoke in cinemas. I'm sure there are more pressing issues to deal with.

cig4.jpg

You can also smoke in restaurants. It was fantastic to be able to dine out in Russia with a good meal and a beer and a smoke all at the same time.

Problem with this is, your poison affects others.
If smokers do it discreetly, and dont force others to breath in the smoke, then i have no issue with what you do with yourself.
Ultimately its going to affect you negatively over the long run, both in a physical and financial sense

Your whining and general ignorance affects me negatively.

If i wasnt looked down on for being a smoker then i wouldnt blow it in your face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture i hate smokers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back