Prediction I give up, we're idiots. Thank you Nigel Smart, you're Just Right.

Where is Nigel Smart right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on.
Forgot Burton as well. Total failure at Brisbane, becomes head of football at Adelaide within 3years.
Crazy stuff.

You watch 200 gamer Brent Reilly's star shine. Up, up and away from here.

I've noticed of late the posting on Facebook has started to change. The anti-administration/board (incl Roo) sentiment is rising. Not good for the club given we are entering our toughest decade.

I'm a Crows fan, but no fanatic, so I'm not particularly au fait with the inner sanctum at our club. However, it never surprises me just how many ex players are employed by AFC- their names popping up from various media incidents, exposures and comments. Has anyone got a rough listing as to who they are and what they do? The path to mediocrity is littered with organizations that employ largely their own- no big picture view, mateship over ability, one-dimensional view point, no rocking the boat, in short: jobs for the boys. Am I right in this perception? Whats the general view of the Crows employment structure? If there's a separate thread on this topic, please point me in that direction.

Whats the general view of the Crows employment structure? If there's a separate thread on this topic, please point me in that direction.

a big theme on this board for a number of years has been the discontentment with the boys club that the AFC has become

Jobs for the boys and Ricciuto is right up there at the top of it

I'm a Crows fan, but no fanatic, so I'm not particularly au fait with the inner sanctum at our club. However, it never surprises me just how many ex players are employed by AFC- their names popping up from various media incidents, exposures and comments. Has anyone got a rough listing as to who they are and what they do? The path to mediocrity is littered with organizations that employ largely their own- no big picture view, mateship over ability, one-dimensional view point, no rocking the boat, in short: jobs for the boys. Am I right in this perception? Whats the general view of the Crows employment structure? If there's a separate thread on this topic, please point me in that direction.
People like Ricciuto think they are the Adelaide Footy Club. They would prefer to reign over the ashes of our once proud club than see watch us succeed from the outside. As long as people like him and Rob Chapman oversee our club, we're doomed to eternal mediocrity.

Off the top of my head these are the former players working at our club.

https://www.afc.com.au/club/board

Board of Directors: Mark Ricciuto, Rod Jameson
COO: Nigel Smart

Forward Coach: Ben Hart
Midfield Coach: Michael Godden
Defence Coach: Brent Reilly
Ruck Coach: Matthew Clarke

Forwards Development Coach: Matt Wright

People like Ricciuto think they are the Adelaide Footy Club. They would prefer to reign over the ashes of our once proud club than see watch us succeed from the outside. As long as people like him and Rob Chapman oversee our club, we're doomed to eternal mediocrity.

I agree with the sentiment of your post, and I know Godden was on Adelaide’s list in a past life. It seems like a bit of a stretch to include him on the list though

Matthew Robran?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May I comment in your forum?

My club has similar stuff ups. We have a good media department and a connected President who gets the job done, including scrubbing social media as much as possible, training blokes not to use their own phones/online ID to send dickpics/rude texts to Kane Cornes etc. Still happens but you can limit the damage.

The text to the girl? She's an online idiot asking other online idiots for their opinion. So do we. However we ask for online idiot comments about footy on a footy forum.

Her pic was in full makeup but does not show her whole height. Its not a serious question its attention seeking in a public place. She's literally the girl making too much noise in the pub or on the street, and Smart has specifically addressed a compliment to her. At best its stupid, at worst its creepy and either way he is stupid.

This is not a football blunder, its a social blunder so its not a matter of losing his job (unless he's got more form). His social media needs a scrub, and he needs a kick in the arse and some mandatory "don't flirt with young women its creepy you are old" lessons.

Its good to have loyalty and "look after the the boys" but serious jobs require serious people. This incident is a mark against Adelaide's social media training and minders. No one has been r*ped so its not major, but its a bad look and you don't want to become Milne-era St Kilda.

All it takes is the leadership setting the tone and the young blokes will follow, and next thing you know its gang-bangs, sexual assaults, school girls and the crappy defender is photographed holding the captain's penis. Is that what Smart wants? A photo of Brodie Smith holding Rory Sloane's penis? Because this is how you get a photo of Brodie Smith holding Rory Sloane's penis!
Just wondering if you have evidence of this incident.
Would be funny in my opinion.
Personally I don’t want to see it.

I seriously doubt she'd even read the comments tbh. It's just a tool for audience engagement and some free advertising. You ask any twitch streamer and they'll tell you if they drop off the grid for even a moment, they lose subs and make less money. This is why the most successful ones stream everyday and have a constant social media presence.
No such thing as bad publicity.

You’d have to think all clubs are pretty much the same.
West Coast has had some seriously poor culture issues over the naughties. Deaths from drugs, drugs issues, domestic violence. Serious issues but at least they win games.

Just another way for people to use their natural assets to earn a quid like modeling, Singing, pr0n, prostitution, hired hit man, athlete. All have different levels of community acceptance with a wide variation of tolerances across the population.

-gu3giojsmzsdiljzgvsgiljugbrdmljygu3giljygzrdszjvgzrgiyrvhe

I have 2 acquaintances that are insta models\influences, both have laughed at the response of a bunch of old men on an internet forum about footy.

LOL, this is the weirdest brag yet.

"and then I showed my model friends bigfooty, and they supported my online argument and thought my enemies were bad and that football forum posters are losers (but I'm still cool), then everyone on the bus applauded".

LOL, this is the weirdest brag yet.

"and then I showed my model friends bigfooty, and they supported my online argument and thought my enemies were bad and that football forum posters are losers (but I'm still cool), then everyone on the bus applauded".

tenor (36).gif

It wasn't a brag It was pointing out the views of a bunch of blokes on a footy forum may differ from people involved in that insta/twitter culture.

But thanks for your input

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction I give up, we're idiots. Thank you Nigel Smart, you're Just Right.

Back