I don't hate Essendon anymore,over hate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
VANDA said:
1980 said:
Miller didnt even give Sheedy a look in this time round.

QUOTE]

um...........yeah right...........like the RFC didnt try & woo Sheeds to Punt Road?

Think u will probably discover it was because Sheeds didnt want to be associated with such a basketcase organisation!

and recent events at RFC have proven him right, again!

Not this time round. Sheedy made his usual noises about returning to Punt Rd some day, and didnt get the phone call from Miller he was expecting.

We learnt our lesson in 1999 when he was about to cross over, and changed his mind at the last minute. And Miller thinks he's washed up anyway.

He's a legend, but he's now an old man. No hunger to coach another premiership team. He's just holding the fort until Harvey is ready. And we've been waiting a long time to see that.

1980 said:
When you rely on the same coach to prop you up for so many years, there's a big vacuum to fill the day he's coached his last game.

You can look at the 7 spots above you all day, sunshine, but there'll be many more by the time a new coach comes to grip with the legacy Sheedy's left behind.

That's the down side of having a succsessful coach. You've got to replace him someday.

So enjoy the years you've had with Sheedy, and the rest of us will look fwd to the ones you're about to have.

Just on the Sheedy and retirement point..we probably do have a succession plan in place..it's just not as easy to spot as it is with other sides.

There is a huge suggestion that should O'Donnell not choose to head in the football administration direction..as he is wanting to do...he looks primed to take over.

There are other possibilities...and at the bottom of those is Mark Harvey...I've already seen the likes of Mark Thompson back at the club checking out the player's training facilities (he was at the club at the end of November). There is Terry Daniher, who is learning a lot at St. Kilda after his short stint at Collingwood. You can throw Neale Daniher into the mix as well. Who knows...even James Hird himself might do the job straight after retiring as a player.

But, I suppose I should say this..happy 57th Birthday for yesterday Sheeds and best wishes for the hip replacement operation and recovery.

Is incredibly sad that you are hanging onto the hope we will one day fail when Sheeds leaves.

I hate to remind you of this but Sheeds is nothing more than the coach. When he leaves the system he has helped build isntgoing anywhere. Nor will the culture of success.

smasha said:
Sheeds has played on the minds of Richmond supporters for years.

Bout time we gave him some of his own medicine. :mad:

Is a short game though... sort of like the equivilent of playing tic tac toe against a three year old

Allblack said:
Is incredibly sad that you are hanging onto the hope we will one day fail when Sheeds leaves.

I hate to remind you of this but Sheeds is nothing more than the coach. When he leaves the system he has helped build isntgoing anywhere. Nor will the culture of success.

Your football club has dreaded for a long time what to do after the Sheedy era. Which is why your board was divided about whether to renew his contract, or push on with a succession plan.

Its called insecurity. You have it, and you've been putting off dealing with it for too long. And its going to catch up with you.

pazza said:
Just on the Sheedy and retirement point..we probably do have a succession plan in place..it's just not as easy to spot as it is with other sides.

There is a huge suggestion that should O'Donnell not choose to head in the football administration direction..as he is wanting to do...he looks primed to take over.

There are other possibilities...and at the bottom of those is Mark Harvey...I've already seen the likes of Mark Thompson back at the club checking out the player's training facilities (he was at the club at the end of November). There is Terry Daniher, who is learning a lot at St. Kilda after his short stint at Collingwood. You can throw Neale Daniher into the mix as well. Who knows...even James Hird himself might do the job straight after retiring as a player.

But, I suppose I should say this..happy 57th Birthday for yesterday Sheeds and best wishes for the hip replacement operation and recovery.

The EFC board has been divided for some time over whatever so called succession plan or lack of.

You dont have one. But you need one.

Good luck with GOD or Harvey or anyone else. The fact of the matter is, there is no other Kevin Sheedy out there to fill the existing one's shoes, and anyone with less presence than that, has got too big shoes to fill.

If you are talking about Alec Epis and him wanting to change the coach well then fair enough. Least we allow people to publicly express their views..instead of having a board full of the President's men or the Coach's men..like the Punt Road Rabble.

Board isn't divided though..we know that Sheedy will retire..probably at the end of the current contract (by which time, he'll be 60).

This is why both the board and Sheedy himself have said to his assistants we are quite happy for you to go to other clubs and learn more about the game (in fact, CEO Jackson has basically told Harvey that it would be best if he did spend some time away from the club over the next 3 years, before he is considered for the job).

smasha said:
Sheeds started his career with the "Punt Road rabble ".

His mentor is Graeme Richmond.

Too true..but back then, they were the Punt Road Powerhouse..won't get an argument from me there.

Sadly, the days of GR, Ian Wilson, Tom Hafey etc have long since gone and the mob you barrack for a mere shadow of their once great selves..poor old Captain Blood would be turning in his grave.

pazza said:
Too true..but back then, they were the Punt Road Powerhouse..won't get an argument from me there.

Sadly, the days of GR, Ian Wilson, Tom Hafey etc have long since gone and the mob you barrack for a mere shadow of their once great selves..poor old Captain Blood would be turning in his grave.

Very True. Glad that someone has finally caught on.

We've suffered 24 yrs trying to replace the big men at the club like GR and Hafey.

You're just about to go through the same thing trying to find someone that has served your club for a very long time as GR & TH combined.

When Sheedy goes, it will be the same as when GR left Tigerland. So you want to know what's ahead for you, you only need to look at the past of the RFC.

smasha said:
Pazza you seem to be a man of sense-I reckon you saw the great Tiges of the 67 -74 era.

Most people who laugh at Richmond don't know much about the past-everything goes in waves.

Thanks for that smasha..sadly I wasn't born for it..nor remembered it..just have read a heck of a lot about it and marvel at what was achieved in such a short time.

1980 said:
Very True. Glad that someone has finally caught on.

We've suffered 24 yrs trying to replace the big men at the club like GR and Hafey.

You're just about to go through the same thing trying to find someone that has served your club for a very long time as GR & TH combined.

When Sheedy goes, it will be the same as when GR left Tigerland. So you want to know what's ahead for you, you only need to look at the past of the RFC.

Hoping against hope that it shouldn't happen but aware that it could ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how many people on here remember when Richmond was the club envied for their success like Essendon is now.

As Pazza mentions, Graham Richmond & Jack Dyer would be turning in their graves to see the effort Richmond put up week in week out.

The thing about the 24 years thing is that the AFL have changed the rules so clubs have to be successful eventually. And reasonably soon after being down the ladder.
Eg Every side except Freo has made a Prelim Final since the introduction of the draft (1986, for the 1987 season). And only Footscray and Richmond have not won at least one of them and made the GF.

In an era when success is almost guaranteed, Richmond have been probably the least successful club, so why is it their supporters want to find targets for their mud slinging? Perhaps they should look somewhere closer to home.

326 posts of crap bagging Essendon and pathetic comebacks and I wasnt even involved, watsupwitdat?

They are a bunch of dirty thugs, their performance in the first game v St Kilda was a disgrace and Hird had the nerve to bag the umpires? They were lucky to get any free kicks that day. Kneeing people and punching them before the game even started.

For a bunch of dirty, cheating thugs Ive never seem anyone cry so much like Harvey did after the Hawks gave them some of their own medicine. Opposition clubs havent sooked over Essendon doing it every week yet a team gives them some payback and its almost like someone committed murder on the field, and the Essendon loving AFL and Media backed them up

Carlton were given harsher penalties, but thats more to do with the AFL and doesnt mean Carlton were bigger cheats, it just shows Essendon get away with more than anyone else

eddiesmith said:
326 posts of crap bagging Essendon and pathetic comebacks and I wasnt even involved, watsupwitdat?

They are a bunch of dirty thugs, their performance in the first game v St Kilda was a disgrace and Hird had the nerve to bag the umpires? They were lucky to get any free kicks that day. Kneeing people and punching them before the game even started.

For a bunch of dirty, cheating thugs Ive never seem anyone cry so much like Harvey did after the Hawks gave them some of their own medicine. Opposition clubs havent sooked over Essendon doing it every week yet a team gives them some payback and its almost like someone committed murder on the field, and the Essendon loving AFL and Media backed them up

Carlton were given harsher penalties, but thats more to do with the AFL and doesnt mean Carlton were bigger cheats, it just shows Essendon get away with more than anyone else

You can't see the difference between what Essendon did in the St Kilda game and what Hawthorn did?

The bombers will spend some time at the bottom. I will hate it but it is inevitabl eventually it will happen. The test is how quickly you bounce back from your bad times.

Richmond nmeed to show some heart and bounce back. There is no question football is more interesting and a better place with a strong Richmond but I dont have faith in your administration to get you there.

The bombers are no harder than Brisbane. Physical intimidation is nothing new in football and if it works against yoru team and your players then you have to look at them rather than the team who dish it out.

eddiesmith said:
The difference was that the Hawks were provoked and Essendon started it so the Hawks came out and stood up for themselves. Essendon started the St Kilda game and realised they would only get close if they cheated and acted like thugs

Essendon started it?

It started when Winderlich was smashed by Bateman.

Essendon acted like thugs and cheated? Interesting to see how these so called thugs and cheats were taken to the tribunal for their horrible inhumane crimes.

eddiesmith said:
The difference was that the Hawks were provoked and Essendon started it so the Hawks came out and stood up for themselves. Essendon started the St Kilda game and realised they would only get close if they cheated and acted like thugs

Cheated? Your accusing Essendon of 'cheating' in a game of AFL football in the year 2004? How is this remotely possible can you please tell me? They come out and were agressive and the young Saints took it up to them physically and on the scoreboard and good on them, so they should - this is football, not netball you Nancy boy. The Hawthorn game was a different story, they were performing poorly on the field and were getting their pants pulled down by Essendon again which had been the norm for the past 7 years, they wanted to gain some respect and show some brutal force in order to get it - they didn't succeed however and only looked like heroes to their supporters and the likes of yourself who have major 'issues' with the Essendon Football Club.

Only one player got suspended from that St Kilda game, Matthew Lloyd. The club thought it was worth appealing and so did the appeals commitee and he got off. Are you now going to try and tell us that there were some 'under the table' deals that got him off the hook are you?

Just because Essendons best mate didnt report any Essendon players doesnt mean nothing happened. Robinson wouldnt have reported a single Essendon player during the whole season bar Murphy headbutting someone, now thats a joke. Ian seems to be the biggest Essendon supporter of all time and Im glad he is no longer the reporting officer, he was a complete joke

Didnt you see what started the brawl? Started the hate? Oh thats right it was hidden away till the end of the week and then only shown on Foxtel so the majority of the world didnt see what Essendon get away with.

eddiesmith said:
Just because Essendons best mate didnt report any Essendon players doesnt mean nothing happened.

Oh thats right ... all those cameras at the game conveniently skipped those 'happenings' you suggest.

I suggest you lay off the smack!

eddiesmith said:
No, Ian Robinson doesnt like reporting Essendon players and that got even more obvious throughout the year

Ian Robinson looks at every single bit of footage from every single camera angle from all the 8 games every Monday and Tuesday and then personally decides whether or not to report players? But he delibrately chooses not to watch the Essendon tapes?

Your making this into some sort of Watergate scandal or something, I think you'd just like to sit there behind your computer and like to think these things actually happen rather than think logically about a professional organisation such as the AFL who you think have a little pact going with Essendon about these things. Your sounding like a really jealous, pathetic little whinger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back