Play Nice Hypothetical Pick 1 Trade Poll: Pick 1 for Picks 2 & 15 --- Pick 1 & F1 (WCE) for Picks 2 & 3 --- Something else?

What sort of trade do you think would be fair and/or likely when involving Pick 1 in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, I will remind you all to review the rules of the trade board, in particular:
  • No trolling – in addition to the obvious, we have a ban on troll nicknames such as Norf, West Coke, etc similar to the main board, because this type of language is inflammatory and creates more issues than it solves. Keep it civilised or take it elsewhere, such as the Bay or your club board, or whoever will have you really
  • Don't be a pest – this includes derailing the thread with off-topic stuff, or trying to starve it of oxygen through proof by assertion/argument ad nauseam, aka filibustering
  • Personal attacks – should go without saying but stick to the point, no name calling, no insinuations about someone's intelligence, abilities or other attributes

That Melbourne offer is decent.

The top 7 are pretty even. And would be quality available at 11. 42 of some small value. I’d value the future pick at maybe 12 in this draft.

So perhaps equivalent to picks 7, 13, 40 and 12.

Definitely better than Norths latest offer of 2, 20ish and a small upgrade.
Melbourne's F1 will be lower than 12 but that is a reasonable offer. Equivalent to Caddy and Wilson according to Twomey's latest mock draft. We still need to get two picks inside the top 10 and ideally at least one inside the top 5 though.

Eagles haven’t come out and said they aren’t trading pick 1 yet

we have already said through brady we aren’t offering 2 top 3 picks

So what are eagles then hoping for if it’s not an equivalent of that otherwise they would’ve put an end to this speculation
More than 2, 15 & 17 or 6, 11, 42 & F1 apparently

WCE want 2 x top 10 picks that’s a fact.

Nth offer pick 2 and find a way to offer another top 10 pick that’s the only way it’s getting done.

Dees offered a lot for pick 1, reckon if north offer our pick 3 to them it will work out.

Whether we should or not I have no idea.

My gut is you just take 2 & 3.

Can just see us getting him hasn’t signed by the 2nd year and Geelong who he barracks for has a 6 year offer on the table or Collingwood with 200,000 members say come play Anzac Day.

Melbourne's F1 will be lower than 12 but that is a reasonable offer. Equivalent to Caddy and Wilson according to Twomey's latest mock draft. We still need to get two picks inside the top 10 and ideally at least one inside the top 5 though.

I’d guess that around 14 is a reasonable expectation for where it lands. I’m thinking in terms of a weighted average of chance x finishing position. Eg if they were flag favourites I’d estimate that the pick might be worth pick 16, as opposed to pick 18.

And if next year is slightly better than this year, it’s worth slightly more, so pick 12.

It's almost like North and their offer know West Coast want McKercher + extras if they miss out on Reid.

Why would we need to match Hawthorn or Melbournes offers if they cant offer what WC want?

WCE want 2 x top 10 picks that’s a fact.

Nth offer pick 2 and find a way to offer another top 10 pick that’s the only way it’s getting done.

Dees offered a lot for pick 1, reckon if north offer our pick 3 to them it will work out.

Whether we should or not I have no idea.

My gut is you just take 2 & 3.

Can just see us getting him hasn’t signed by the 2nd year and Geelong who he barracks for has a 6 year offer on the table or Collingwood with 200,000 members say come play Anzac Day.
Yeah ok so every player in your mind plays for the club they supported as a kid hahah that's some nice logic.

Will Schofield went for Geelong as a kid too. In fact we have a lot of players that support different clubs before they got drafted. Who knew. Oh no everyone we have a supporter risk. And you thought flight risk was bad enough. We better make sure we know the club they barrack for before we draft them. 🙄

Let me ask you something. Do you think every player on Kangas list supports Kangas in there younger years. Must be nice having your head up in the clouds. What stupid logic.

I’d guess that around 14 is a reasonable expectation for where it lands. I’m thinking in terms of a weighted average of chance x finishing position. Eg if they were flag favourites I’d estimate that the pick might be worth pick 16, as opposed to pick 18.

And if next year is slightly better than this year, it’s worth slightly more, so pick 12.
Melbourne were a decent forward away from a preliminary final. Even when the wheels were falling off for us in 2007, we finished 5th.

How is P1 and F1 = to 2 and 3. I don't understand how that is "playing nice" as per the heading.

That's quite likely two Pick 1s for Pick 2 and 3.

That's actually a downgrade....

This trade doesn't need to be fair. We aren't the ones shopping the pick - it's either in our favour or we stick with the pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's almost like North and their offer know West Coast want McKercher + extras if they miss out on Reid.

Why would we need to match Hawthorn or Melbournes offers if they cant offer what WC want?
Because of media hype. They are driving the agenda that he is worth a lot. Eagles need to trade him out and Somebody has to overpay. The media will be dissapointed if this doesn't happen.
I don't think it will be end of the world for both sides if they can't do a suitable deal.
I see Reid like buying a house at auction. You need to meet the sellers expectations otherwise the house is passed in.
For Reid's sake i would hope the eagles draft him. Worst case scenario he stays three years and requests a trade to a Victorian club he would rather be at.

If Reid is a star, and that's a big if, we will be inundated with good offers.

Look at the Tim Kelly and Luke Jackson trades.

Please remind me what you gave up for Kelly. And how it differs from norths “rubbish” offers of late first round picks.

Also remind us what Melbourne got for Jackson. And now joust imagine freo had finished in the same position in 2023 as they did in 2022.

The reality is the “offers” you speak of are irrelevant. When Reid decides to go home he will nominate a club and that club will pay the bare minimum they can to get it done.

Yeah ok so every player in your mind plays for the club they supported as a kid hahah that's some nice logic.

Will Schofield went for Geelong as a kid too. In fact we have a lot of players that support different clubs before they got drafted. Who knew. Oh no everyone we have a supporter risk. And you thought flight risk was bad enough. We better make sure we know the club they barrack for before we draft them. 🙄

Let me ask you something. Do you think every player on Kangas list supports Kangas in there younger years. Must be nice having your head up in the clouds. What stupid logic.
Wow why you getting so emotional fella, just my thoughts.

Please remind me what you gave up for Kelly. And how it differs from norths “rubbish” offers of late first round picks.

Also remind us what Melbourne got for Jackson. And now joust imagine freo had finished in the same position in 2023 as they did in 2022.

The reality is the “offers” you speak of are irrelevant. When Reid decides to go home he will nominate a club and that club will pay the bare minimum they can to get it done.
Kelly trade is irrelevant, he was out of contract, as was Jackson.

Reid isn't even an AFL player, so all people have to go on is hype.

His 'worth' is what a team is prepared to pay for the opportunity to draft him, so the Kelly/Jackson trades are completely irrelevant.

Kelly trade is irrelevant, he was out of contract, as was Jackson.

Reid isn't even an AFL player, so all people have to go on is hype.

His 'worth' is what a team is prepared to pay for the opportunity to draft him, so the Kelly/Jackson trades are completely irrelevant.

Your response is irrelevant to my discussion with your fellow west coast supporter.

We were discussing what west coast will get in a trade for Reid in 3-6 years time. Not what the trade is worth now.

They brought up Kelly and Jackson as comparisons.

We likely will
And when Harley requests out in a few years and you get offered less than 2 and 15 for an out of contract homesick kid then it will be amusing looking back
Spoiler alert, if he does want out in three years time, he won't be nominating North as his club of choice. This is your one and only chance to get him.

Your response is irrelevant to my discussion with your fellow west coast supporter.

We were discussing what west coast will get in a trade for Reid in 3-6 years time. Not what the trade is worth now.

They brought up Kelly and Jackson as comparisons.
WCE won't get anything.

Because he won't leave :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back