Hume FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well The Crows of what i heard were too good for the power they played great footy and deserved to win.........That new Recruit that the power got from St Marys was rubbish........thet talked him up and he under performed...........I told everyone to watch out for the crows......They will be Dangerous this year dont you worry:thumbsu:

I'm not worrying, I never wrote the Crows off either. They will beat anyone that doesn't take them seriously.
Allan Maye is the bloke you're talking about - was he just no good or did he simply have a bad day in what I think may have been his first game for the club?

I'm still on the two or three CDFL clubs in the finals bandwagon.

Swampy - there was a big push to have the club referred to as the United Power, included by myself from afar, but that was knocked back, so CDHBU it remains.

They're actually training twice a week, tuesday and wednesday, there was a complication with the lights at the oval on a thursday night so they moved in back to wednesday.. Can't see anyone beating them this year.

They only won by 5 points against lockhart on the weekend.. osborne will beat them

They only won by 5 points against lockhart on the weekend.. osborne will beat them

Fair call kangas. I was at the game & another 5 minutes would have seen Lockhart win. Cul looked slow & overused the ball again.Probably the only time I've seen Donnan & Klemke beaten.:eek: This result will certainly give other teams hope. In Culcairns defence, they did have Oates, Bosley, the Schulz bros, McGrath, Baker,Willis & Lodge all unavailable. Dont think any side could cover those outs.

I'm not worrying, I never wrote the Crows off either. They will beat anyone that doesn't take them seriously.
Allan Maye is the bloke you're talking about - was he just no good or did he simply have a bad day in what I think may have been his first game for the club?

Swampy - there was a big push to have the club referred to as the United Power, included by myself from afar, but that was knocked back, so CDHBU it remains.
Nah for this Alan Maye bloke to be a real threat he has to get in shape........he really looks pudgy out there and looked very slow.......he could of bn having a bad game but if he wants to be worth the Hype he has to Lose sum Beef

They're actually training twice a week, tuesday and wednesday, there was a complication with the lights at the oval on a thursday night so they moved in back to wednesday.. Can't see anyone beating them this year.

The way the Crows are talking themselfs up, they will beat Cul easily, even talking the big P word. Can't wait for rounds 7,8 & 9.

Jarrod hanrahan(lost a lot of drive around the packs) and paul lavis were late withdrawls and lost a couple to injury, not to take anything away from the crows. The power have a young team with a solid base for the next few years.Willy Maye may have been "rubbish"but he is only 17, maybe the talking up that little damo only talks when the crows win, is for his brother Alan. Everyone is agreeing that he is great. but he hasn`t arrived yet. Research may be needed before Damo gobs off again:D

I think it was a good decision to leave the name as it was. Mergers will happen, and I think it's vitally important that the merged club/town's names are retained in the name of the new entity. It gives all the people of the townships an affinity with the new team. Granted, the Power one is unusual due to the number of clubs in it, and the towns only get their initials in the name. If it was United Power, in 10 years will anyone remember (or care) which clubs merged to form it ? Where the hell is United ? At least when you look at CDHBU you can acknowledge the Coreen, Daysdale, Hopefield & Burajaa communities. (You may have to add an "R" in there soon). I think the Magpies made a big mistake when naming their team. Murray isn't a place. If they called it Lavington Magpies their playing & supporter base may be a little less transient and all the Lavington residents who don't want to follow O&M would follow them. Not a dig at anyone, just my opinion.
So - 1. Merge early when you are strong.
2. Retain the names of the towns that formed your new entity.
3. Get over old rivalries - your most logical merger partner is probably your 100 year enemy.
As you can see I'm passionate about the survival of country footy, I think it's in more trouble than anyone cares to admit. Sorry this turned into a bit of a diatribe.

I think it was a good decision to leave the name as it was. Mergers will happen, and I think it's vitally important that the merged club/town's names are retained in the name of the new entity. It gives all the people of the townships an affinity with the new team. Granted, the Power one is unusual due to the number of clubs in it, and the towns only get their initials in the name. If it was United Power, in 10 years will anyone remember (or care) which clubs merged to form it ? Where the hell is United ? At least when you look at CDHBU you can acknowledge the Coreen, Daysdale, Hopefield & Burajaa communities. (You may have to add an "R" in there soon). I think the Magpies made a big mistake when naming their team. Murray isn't a place. If they called it Lavington Magpies their playing & supporter base may be a little less transient and all the Lavington residents who don't want to follow O&M would follow them. Not a dig at anyone, just my opinion.
So - 1. Merge early when you are strong.
2. Retain the names of the towns that formed your new entity.
3. Get over old rivalries - your most logical merger partner is probably your 100 year enemy.
As you can see I'm passionate about the survival of country footy, I think it's in more trouble than anyone cares to admit. Sorry this turned into a bit of a diatribe.
Pretty well spot on the money that:thumbsu:

Willy Maye may have been "rubbish"but he is only 17, maybe the talking up that little damo only talks when the crows win, is for his brother Alan. Everyone is agreeing that he is great. but he hasn`t arrived yet. Research may be needed before Damo gobs off again:D

I'll take the blame for that.
I said it would have been Allan Maye, but I wasn't aware there was a brother as well.
I look forward to hearing how Allan goes when he arrives.

What's the R standing for? Surely not Rennie?

Kage, I hope you got to Walla training and not still driving the porcelain bus in the park in Albury.....Shit the wedding was good though hey bro!! Good luck this week. :D:D:D:D

No they are not. It is only Wednesday night training, and it is in place now. They are relying on players to do extra themselves.

Amobrose: Are lights brighter in Cul on Wednesdays than Thurs? I wouln't have thought they would work any better depending on the day of the week, but I'm no Thomas Edison.

No they are not. It is only Wednesday night training, and it is in place now. They are relying on players to do extra themselves.

Amobrose: Are lights brighter in Cul on Wednesdays than Thurs? I wouln't have thought they would work any better depending on the day of the week, but I'm no Thomas Edison.
MIGHT GIVE THEM AN EXTRA NIGHT ON THE FROTHIES:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all,
Anyone that followed the Coreen and District league website and thread over the past few seasons will know about my list of Top 10 players in each grade, which I collate using the best players as named in the paper as a guide to who might win the league medal.
In eight years of doing this list on the CDFL and AFL and more recently, Ovens and Murray and Sydney AFL, there has only been one year where the winner finished outside the top 4, and that was Tyson Moloney in 9th last year.
Sorry for blowing my trumpet, I know that will bring some derogatory remarks, but lets see how it goes in a new league.

HUME LEAGUE TOP 10 PLAYERS
After Round 3
SENIORS
Clint Brown (Culcairn) 24
Daniel Hawkins (Billabong Crows) 24
Andrew McGown (Coleambally) 20
Tom Hickey (Holbrook) 19
Hayden Lanyon (Holbrook) 17
Lindsay Seymour (CDHBU) 17
J Duffy (Howlong) 16
B Preston (Jindera) 16
Luke Donnan (Culcairn) 15
Ewen Scholz (Holbrook) 15

RESERVES
D Maloney (Henty) 21
Sean Hanrahan (CDHBU) 19
K Pertzel (Lockhart) 19
Leigh Bedford (CDHBU) 17
Michael Gleeson (Osborne) 17
B Schilg (Rand-Walbundrie) 16
J Walmsley (Culcairn) 16
Troy Bowcher (Murray Magpies) 14
D Hocking (Culcairn) 14
S Bahr (Osborne) 13

THIRDS
B Klemke (Henty) 27
D Hore (Henty) 25
Tom Fuller (Coleambally) 19
Kylin Morey (Murray Magpies) 19
C Rochow (Murray Magpies) 16
Cameron Sandral (Rennie) 16
S Stewart (Culcairn) 14
L Forrest (Culcairn) 13
J Kent (Culcairn) 13
D McFarland (Culcairn) 12

FOURTHS
H Singe (Henty) 25
L Heinjus (Murray Magpies) 24
N Wishart (Culcairn) 23
Hayden Dalitz (Billabong Crows) 18
Jeremy Bourchier (Billabong Crows) 17
J Finlayson (Culcairn) 17
Z Brain (Billabong Crows) 16
B Briggs (Murray Magpies) 15
B Godde (Culcairn) 15
Sam Hocking (CDHBU) 14

If anyone can fill in the gaps on the first names, please be my guest.

Hi all,
Anyone that followed the Coreen and District league website and thread over the past few seasons will know about my list of Top 10 players in each grade, which I collate using the best players as named in the paper as a guide to who might win the league medal.
In eight years of doing this list on the CDFL and AFL and more recently, Ovens and Murray and Sydney AFL, there has only been one year where the winner finished outside the top 4, and that was Tyson Moloney in 9th last year.
Sorry for blowing my trumpet, I know that will bring some derogatory remarks, but lets see how it goes in a new league.

After Round 3
SENIORS
1. Clint Brown (Culcairn) 24
1. Daniel Hawkins (Billabong Crows) 24
3. Andrew McGown (Coleambally) 20
4. Tom Hickey (Holbrook) 19
5. Hayden Lanyon (Holbrook) 17
5. Lindsay Seymour (CDHBU) 17
7. Josh Duffy (Howlong) 16
7. B Preston (Jindera) 16
9. Luke Donnan (Culcairn) 15
9. Ewen Scholz (Holbrook) 15

RESERVES
1. D Maloney (Henty) 21
2. Sean Hanrahan (CDHBU) 19
2. K Pertzel (Lockhart) 19
4. Leigh Bedford (CDHBU) 17
4. Michael Gleeson (Osborne) 17
6. B Schilg (Rand-Walbundrie) 16
6. J Walmsley (Culcairn) 16
8. Troy Bowcher (Murray Magpies) 14
8. D Hocking (Culcairn) 14
10. S Bahr (Osborne) 13

THIRDS
1. B Klemke (Henty) 27
2. D Hore (Henty) 25
3. Tom Fuller (Coleambally) 19
3. Kylin Morey (Murray Magpies) 19
5. C Rochow (Murray Magpies) 16
5. Cameron Sandral (Rennie) 16
7. S Stewart (Culcairn) 14
8. L Forrest (Culcairn) 13
8. J Kent (Culcairn) 13
10. D McFarland (Culcairn) 12

FOURTHS
1. H Singe (Henty) 25
2. L Heinjus (Murray Magpies) 24
3. N Wishart (Culcairn) 23
4. Hayden Dalitz (Billabong Crows) 18
5. Jeremy Bourchier (Billabong Crows) 17
5. J Finlayson (Culcairn) 17
7. Z Brain (Billabong Crows) 16
8. B Briggs (Murray Magpies) 15
8. B Godde (Culcairn) 15
10. Sam Hocking (CDHBU) 14

Good work Rhoda

Bull loves the hoppers and will most prob stay unless gilly rolls out the green backs of course. he mite be able to spare a few from his oz lotto truck he got to sign on.... keep an eye on young shane duff from dederang. is good mates with a few out there too and has nick name 'havaclub' so follows the coin like a moth to a flame

Good call ther,have heard Duff has walked out on DMB but rumour has it he has signed with wodonga saints.Sorry 4 the Tallangatta league stuff but just thought someone may be interested

Hi all,

After Round 3
SENIORS
Clint Brown (Culcairn) 24
Daniel Hawkins (Billabong Crows) 24
Andrew McGown (Coleambally) 20
Tom Hickey (Holbrook) 19
Hayden Lanyon (Holbrook) 17
Lindsay Seymour (CDHBU) 17
J Duffy (Howlong) 16
B Preston (Jindera) 16
Luke Donnan (Culcairn) 15
Ewen Scholz (Holbrook) 15

RESERVES
D Maloney (Henty) 21
Sean Hanrahan (CDHBU) 19
K Pertzel (Lockhart) 19
Leigh Bedford (CDHBU) 17
Michael Gleeson (Osborne) 17
B Schilg (Rand-Walbundrie) 16
J Walmsley (Culcairn) 16
Troy Bowcher (Murray Magpies) 14
D Hocking (Culcairn) 14
S Bahr (Osborne) 13

THIRDS
B Klemke (Henty) 27
D Hore (Henty) 25
Tom Fuller (Coleambally) 19
Kylin Morey (Murray Magpies) 19
C Rochow (Murray Magpies) 16
Cameron Sandral (Rennie) 16
S Stewart (Culcairn) 14
L Forrest (Culcairn) 13
J Kent (Culcairn) 13
D McFarland (Culcairn) 12

FOURTHS
H Singe (Henty) 25
L Heinjus (Murray Magpies) 24
N Wishart (Culcairn) 23
Hayden Dalitz (Billabong Crows) 18
Jeremy Bourchier (Billabong Crows) 17
J Finlayson (Culcairn) 17
Z Brain (Billabong Crows) 16
B Briggs (Murray Magpies) 15
B Godde (Culcairn) 15
Sam Hocking (CDHBU) 14

What about Manny Edmunds and Clint Gilson? I'd have Edmunds in the top 5 at least. ;)

What about Manny Edmunds and Clint Gilson? I'd have Edmunds in the top 5 at least. ;)

Clint and Manny are both in coaching staff therefore I don't think they'd be putting themselves in the best each week. So then it depends on if someone from the paper actually watches a game or goes off the club supplied best. Usually in the Hume league I would think they'd use the club best?? Surely the boder mail don't watch every hume league game??

I've seen other threads do it but unfortunately I haven't seen enough footy the last 2 years to make a list- what about a hume league top 10 or club's best player??

If Hume is the same as Coreen was, the timekeepers pick the best players.
I have heard of coaches requesting their own names not be included.
Gilson is No.11 on 14 points and Edmunds is No.37 on 9 points.

can anyone shead some light as to why one clint gorman is not in the guts at rwt at the moment they need some judd like skill in that mid feild and this boys has it in truck loads. go the g train!!!!!

Hi all,

After Round 3
SENIORS
1. Clint Brown (Culcairn) 24
1. Daniel Hawkins (Billabong Crows) 24
3. Andrew McGown (Coleambally) 20
4. Tom Hickey (Holbrook) 19
5. Hayden Lanyon (Holbrook) 17
5. Lindsay Seymour (CDHBU) 17
7. J Duffy (Howlong) 16
7. B Preston (Jindera) 16
9. Luke Donnan (Culcairn) 15
9. Ewen Scholz (Holbrook) 15

RESERVES
1. D Maloney (Henty) 21
2. Sean Hanrahan (CDHBU) 19
2. K Pertzel (Lockhart) 19
4. Leigh Bedford (CDHBU) 17
4. Michael Gleeson (Osborne) 17
6. B Schilg (Rand-Walbundrie) 16
6. J Walmsley (Culcairn) 16
8. Troy Bowcher (Murray Magpies) 14
8. D Hocking (Culcairn) 14
10. S Bahr (Osborne) 13

THIRDS
1. B Klemke (Henty) 27
2. D Hore (Henty) 25
3. Tom Fuller (Coleambally) 19
3. Kylin Morey (Murray Magpies) 19
5. C Rochow (Murray Magpies) 16
5. Cameron Sandral (Rennie) 16
7. S Stewart (Culcairn) 14
8. L Forrest (Culcairn) 13
8. J Kent (Culcairn) 13
10. D McFarland (Culcairn) 12

FOURTHS
1. H Singe (Henty) 25
2. L Heinjus (Murray Magpies) 24
3. N Wishart (Culcairn) 23
4. Hayden Dalitz (Billabong Crows) 18
5. Jeremy Bourchier (Billabong Crows) 17
5. J Finlayson (Culcairn) 17
7. Z Brain (Billabong Crows) 16
8. B Briggs (Murray Magpies) 15
8. B Godde (Culcairn) 15
10. Sam Hocking (CDHBU) 14

i would have thought nick whiterod from walla would have been at least a top ten player aswell,

For starters Go Richo...........u seem like ur a power fan and even if you had 3 or 4 out u put ur BEST team on the park at the time and yous did that...........and if you had ov had them players i dnt think it would of mattered because the crows wasted alot ov opportunities and they still flogged you........you have no hope of winning when the only bloke that kicks ur goals big Dougie is kept to 2 or 3 goals............:)

For starters Go Richo...........u seem like ur a power fan and even if you had 3 or 4 out u put ur BEST team on the park at the time and yous did that...........and if you had ov had them players i dnt think it would of mattered because the crows wasted alot ov opportunities and they still flogged you........you have no hope of winning when the only bloke that kicks ur goals big Dougie is kept to 2 or 3 goals............:)

WTF Damo??? Go get some speech therapy and try again.

As for the best players - C. Brown may dominate a game but is consistently overlooked by the men in orange. B. Barber not in the top 10??? Better do some more research on this league or stop wasting your time, and blowing your own trumpet.

Don't get carried away people, the system Here It Is has devised is what it is. After following it for the last couple of years it's a good discussion point and if you understand how the system works, certainly worthwhile. The anomaly that coaching staff usually leave themselves out of the best, so that would explain why Edmunds not in. Keep it up HII :thumbsu:

I second your comments run straight.

Eh Daicos - pull your head in. Here It Is has been pretty accurate each year with this system. For the effort he puts in to do this and his past accuracy I think he is every bit entitled to blow his trumpet.

Keep it up Here It Is. I look forward to your ratings again this year.:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back