Hume FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
deposit said:
What is the attraction for the Magpies in the HFL, is it just the bigger league?
What is the difference in football standard? Have not played in CDFL and only spent 12 months in HFL so not too sure?
I agree that the Magpies will have a large impact on the ability of the 3 surrounding clubs to attract/retain juniors and field sides, as a lot of kids from the bush will play footy where their school mates from town play.
Thurgoona in the HFL would also be a good fit, are they up to the same level though?

The Magpies believe the Hume league is a better fit for them geographically, which is true, although it is interesting they didn't feel that way when they were formed in 1999 with the one and only goal to play in the Coreen league.
In my opinion (and I await the cries of disgust from blokes like Arceri) the leagues are very similar in standard - or certainly were four years ago before the drought started playing havoc with the number of blokes and clubs in the smaller areas of the Coreen league.
Hume has more money and over the past two or three years has dragged in many more O&M players, which would have made a big difference in the standards.
CDFL would still field an excellent interleague team, but there is not as much depth as there was four years ago - a given considering we have lost four clubs in that time (Hopefield-Buraja recess, Oaklands and Urana merged, Rand merged with Walbundrie and left, and now Magpies).

Two more articles on the Murray Magpies' admission to the Hume league. It would seem the Hume clubs have some colourful opinions about the decision.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...task=DETAIL&articleID=1621550&sectionID=12761

Hornie said:
What's happened to Adam Mathrews and Holbrock. Is he still there?

Is Robbie MacKinley still playing in the ones?

Was talking to Mathrews last week. He said he was going to play with
Lavington next year. Good pick up for them if he goes.

I believe former Albury premiership player Micki Buchanan is going to coach Culcairn in the Hume League. Been in talks with him and it looks like he is going to sign on very soon.

I wait in anticipation for what Daisy Train has to say in reply. :rolleyes:

K. Jacka from Henty to assistant coach at Walla. Will take one or two with him apparently.

Goob has also been in Jason Murray's ear (Panthers).

daisy_train said:
What will Daisy say?

Only met Michael Buchanan a few times at Albury, no idea what he is going to do.

Will Micki play following his recent debut as a boxer and his renewed fitness?

Would Jezza go there with his great mate and would Mr Plod also go with them?

Some oldies but goodies!!!!!!

Hornie said:
Will Micki play following his recent debut as a boxer and his renewed fitness?

Would Jezza go there with his great mate and would Mr Plod also go with them?

Some oldies but goodies!!!!!!
Old news Hornie!! Jezza going to Holbrook with Manny Edmunds has been all over the Wagga papers in recent weeks. Micki wouldn't play I wouldn't think, his boxing career was a one fight one knock out caper and he wanted to go out on top :D Chow Brown is also in the running for the Culcairn Job, he is ex North Albury and played very good footy for them for the last 2 years and would be playing coach, Micki in the mix as non-playing.

Interesting stat if it all happens - Micki, Corey Whittaker, Manny Edmunds, Jez Masterson (all hume league) and Dicketts to Dederang Mt Beauty....all played under Spargo at some stage and all coaching at some level. Include Pagey, who just finished up, I'm sure there would be others not that I can think of any......not sure what the point is either?????

Jacka to Walla is interesting, I had heard Henty were going to lose a few but didn't think it would be to Walla.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is his background?
Ex Nth Melb premiership player under barrasi in 77.coached yarra about 10 years ago, had a behind the scenes job with BB saints last year.Very Very passionate about footy and a great motivator but has the worst case of white line fever anyone could have. will be a case of watch this space

Old news Hornie!! Jezza going to Holbrook with Manny Edmunds has been all over the Wagga papers in recent weeks. Micki wouldn't play I wouldn't think, his boxing career was a one fight one knock out caper and he wanted to go out on top :D Chow Brown is also in the running for the Culcairn Job, he is ex North Albury and played very good footy for them for the last 2 years and would be playing coach, Micki in the mix as non-playing.

Interesting stat if it all happens - Micki, Corey Whittaker, Manny Edmunds, Jez Masterson (all hume league) and Dicketts to Dederang Mt Beauty....all played under Spargo at some stage and all coaching at some level. Include Pagey, who just finished up, I'm sure there would be others not that I can think of any......not sure what the point is either?????

Jacka to Walla is interesting, I had heard Henty were going to lose a few but didn't think it would be to Walla.

Spargo's boy have certainly moved into to coaching but the Hume league had 5 who played under Timba coach in 2006. M Sanson, Hart, Richards, Chandler and Ross with three finishing top three last year.

Ex Nth Melb premiership player under barrasi in 77.coached yarra about 10 years ago, had a behind the scenes job with BB saints last year.Very Very passionate about footy and a great motivator but has the worst case of white line fever anyone could have. will be a case of watch this space

Also coached Yarrawonga i thinkn and definitely Mulwala. Can be over the top but good talker.

Spargo's boy have certainly moved into to coaching but the Hume league had 5 who played under Timba coach in 2006. M Sanson, Hart, Richards, Chandler and Ross with three finishing top three last year.

Have all the coaches been finalised for 2007?

i heard on the grapevine that the navy connection of sargeant, maze and polman would be heading back to lockhart for '07. All 3 played key roles in their '03 flag i believe.

Yep, all the coaches are finalised with Klemmke going to Culcairn and Glenn Eddy to the BB Saints.

It's now just a matter of working out who gets spanked by Osborne in the grand final.

Yep, all the coaches are finalised with Klemmke going to Culcairn and Glenn Eddy to the BB Saints.

It's now just a matter of working out who gets spanked by Osborne in the grand final.

does anyone know if osborne ruckmen brett powell has signed again?

Which Klemke is coaching Culcairn? Will he attrach other players?

Think it's Matt Klemke..his brother is going with him Kade.

Klemke wanted to go back to Henty, but doesn't get on with the president (like a lot of people I'm told)

The major problem with Magpies coming in, is that they have to re-establish junior teams, which they haven't had for a couple of years.
Lets hope this doesnt affect the ability of BB Saints, Jindera , Howlong who are all close to the Magpie area, to field junior teams. This year it was really great to have the new merged teams with 4 footy team on field.s
Thurgoona would be a better fit for the Hume tham M Magpies.

In realtion to the magpies coming in, organised and influential clubs shouldn't have any concern, it seems to me that the insecure footy clubs are the ones belly aching about this. Did essendon worry when port adelaide came into the AFL. Stop sooking, focus on your recruiting and your club get over it

In realtion to the magpies coming in, organised and influential clubs shouldn't have any concern, it seems to me that the insecure footy clubs are the ones belly aching about this. Did essendon worry when port adelaide came into the AFL. Stop sooking, focus on your recruiting and your club get over it

Waiting for the backlash.........................

Good point Row5. Let's get on with it.

In 1 or 2 years the problem will disappear anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back