Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Wow.

And some people think we’re on the improve? It’s a fake improve, because this midfield isn’t going to get us anywhere near it.

No class, no speed. No one close to elite, and I don’t think anyone on the list who could even potentially get to elite. Laird? Will rack up 30 today with zero impact. So far from elite.

Shameful drafting and list management.

I was bored but needed to have Excel open to look like I was working a couple of years back and did a bit of a look at the talent required to win a premiership.

Basically they all spend 5 years (premiership can come at any point in the 5 years) in or around the top 4 deep into the season, so rarely can you get there with a one or two year spike. The list has to be good for awhile.

I think we've rarely managed to even stay in the top 8 after finishing top 4.

The other thing was they mostly all had 2 or 3? genuine top 5 (maybe 10) midfielders. Drafted as midfielders.

Not value picks that become high B or A graders.

I think as supporters we've even overated the value of picking a long term player with a rookie pick, who cares, get them right in the first couple of rounds please.

I think we can do the 5 year thing, we're obviously building a whole new generation of players that have the potential to stick together for an extended period of time.

But really need to invest in the midfield ASAP.

Last edited:
I dunno why you guys focus on players, I mean, sure someone like Dawson helps and is better than Keays, but listen to how the clubs and coaches talk, its system, system, system.

Our system got belted today, that was far and away the problem. Last week it was the solution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno why you guys focus on players, I mean, sure someone like Dawson helps and is better than Keays, but listen to how the clubs and coaches talk, its system, system, system.

Our system got belted today, that was far and away the problem. Last week it was the solution.
More so attitude, second to the ball and loss opposition players all day.

Just not enough variety. Everything has to click in place for it to go well.

Genuine lack of power, pace and run.

We can try and flick the ball around quickly, but when this is shut down, we are completely lost.
I see Pedlar and Rachele will develop as the powerful running midfielders. Soligo more creative.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Clearly there are teams with talent that also work hard and we simply can't win when we are up against this.

We need more talent in this side.

For a long time we had minimal to no talent. We have a bit now, but the talent lacks experience. We certainly need more, as do most sides.

Depth (quality), Dawson goes down we have no one like him to replace him.
Laird goes down we have no one of his level to replace him.
Soligo up and down to be expected with a young player ditto Rachele.
Pedlar still finding his feet.
Berry gone backwards
Shoenberg - wtf
Keays - 😂

We lack what we have lacked for years, a big bodied midfielder with either pace or elite disposal skills.
Our young guys will get bigger and better, they just need to keep the effort up.

Probably need to get two first rounders this year and use them both on mids. Make a deal with GC for their first

Still need more power/class beyond Soligo, Rachele and Pedlar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back