Toast How can this Melbourne side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like it's pretty easy to pile onto a side in a losing patch especially if it's the reigning premiers. It's better they're playing like this now and take the learning from a few losses than try and deal with it when it matters at the end of the season. BUT if things continue like this it means their off-field shit is a seriously big problem.
Probably the best and most realistic response from anyone on this thread

How many teams have won the flag or made the g/f after losing 3 in a row at some stage in h/a season? Someone out there may know.
2018, 2019 and 2017 premiership teams won it after losing 3 in a row. Cbf looking before 2015. To add on this in 2018 and 2019 both flag teams lost 3 in a row at a similar time Melbourne has.

Rename this thread to how can this Melbourne side be revived?
Well done Steven May...

Owing money one

Goodwin gonna be coaching from in the field rather than on the field eh....?

bf2zn8d84s081.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our injuries in 2014 were pretty significant
I remember a post about this once but didn’t you drop a couple of games then have a huge run of playing non finalist sides when you had most of these injuries? Then managed to get pretty much all the players back for finals?

West Coast’s effort was pretty incredible, Cox probably had a big hand in that though.

I remember a post about this once but didn’t you drop a couple of games then have a huge run of playing non finalist sides when you had most of these injuries? Then managed to get pretty much all the players back for finals?

West Coast’s effort was pretty incredible, Cox probably had a big hand in that though.
Need to add in Clarko who missed 5 games. Cyril only made it back for the Grand Final.

Hawthorn’s 2014 injury list reads like a roll call of war casualties.

Sam Mitchell (hamstring), Josh Gibson (pectoral), Brian Lake (calf/suspension), Brad Sewell (hamstring), Ben Stratton (adductor/hamstring/hip), Luke Hodge (knee), Liam Shiels (shoulder), Jack Gunston (knee), Matt Spangher (ankle) and Billy Hartung (elbow) have all missed multiple matches, but are fit again now.

Matt Suckling (ankle) could return to meet the Cats after missing Round 23, Cyril Rioli is at least another week away from resuming from his hamstring injury while Brendan Whitecross (knee) and Jed Anderson (shoulder) have been ruled out for the season.

Bailey Smith and the dogs say thank you Collingwood.

I feel so smug because I called it when they were undefeated that they'd have a form slump and drop a few games in June and one or two in July. It happened sooner than I expected, but I will be even cockier when the Dees come good in August and win their first final away in Brisbane or Perth, but I'd love to be wrong because I love Brissy, and I'm also a parochial West Aussie bandwagoner especially when it comes to the Dockers so win-win for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast How can this Melbourne side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back