Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Helena is an odd one

I have seen on Emergency Awesome she can see the future. Did I miss this?
She has prophetic dreams.

She says:
- "He will have to lose an eye" when Aemond as a boy is dreaming of dragons and before he tames Vhagar.
"There's a beast beneath the boards" the day before Rhaneys and Melys break out of the dragon pit at Aegon's coronotion.
"It's the rats I'm afraid of" before Blood & Cheese

I don't think she knows what they mean though, and certainly no one pays attention to her as we see Aegon last episode brush off her concern about the rats.

Why is Alicent a twit?
This is the best part of the show. You can generally find the good / justification in a lot of the characters and can pick your own side. It's wonderful to see fans take different sides and interpret the show differently and appreciate it for different moments. It's really quite amazing television.

She has prophetic dreams.

"He will have to lose an eye" she says when Aemond as a boy is dreaming of dragons and before he tames Vhagar.
"There's a beast beneath the boards" she says the day before Rhaneys and Melys break out of the dragon pit at Aegon's coronotion.
"It's the rats I'm afraid of" she says before Blood & Cheese

I don't think she knows what they mean though, and certainly no one pays attention to her as we see Aegon last episode brush off her concern about the rats.

So Emergency Awesome confused it by adding in clips of her prophecies and I think ‘nah didn’t see that’

This is the best part of the show. You can generally find the good / justification in a lot of the characters and can pick your own side. It's wonderful to see fans take different sides and interpret the show differently and appreciate it for different moments. It's really quite amazing television.

I think she is such a great actress that you can see with her eyes that she knows she’s in the wrong in that final scene

Why is Alicent a twit?

Because in her desire to rule she kicked off the usurping of R's throne.

Was then given another chance to perhaps stop the upcoming war and failed again.

She loves getting involved in everything yet has no flipping idea what shew is doing. No better than the men.

At least R is attempting to be controlled at this point.

Was then given another chance to perhaps stop the upcoming war and failed again.

She loves getting involved in everything yet has no flipping idea what shew is doing. No better than the men.

This is an appropriate interpretation of her actions. The contrast would be that perhaps she, reasonably, realises that the ball has begun to role and it really cannot be stopped at this point. The thesis of the episode is a bit of a butterfly effect conundrum, where did the conflict start - was it the Blackwoods and the Brackens inciting their centuries old feud in the names of the Blacks / Greens, was it Daemon claiming Harrenhall, was it Blood & Cheese killing the baby prince, was it Aemond killing Lucerys, was it Rhaneyra refusing Hightower's offers, was it Allicent confusing Visery's mention of Aegon and usurping the throne, was is Visery's ignoring the precedent of the great council of succession and naming Rhaneyra as his heir over his son, was it something even further back? At this stage the momentum is going, both sides have made mistakes / committed crimes. Would she, even with her position of power be able to control Aegon who sees himself as king or Aemond who sees himself as the most powerful force in the kingdom. What about the lords on either side, most don't really care for who is king and are doing so to follow the path that gives them the most power or is the most beneficial. Sure some will prefer peace but others are utilising the time to gain power, what will they do under a conciliated solution. We are at a position of the height of the dragons in Westeros in a House of Dragons. We get to a position a hundred and fifty years or so later in A Game of Thrones that dragons are extinct, maybe these living nuclear weapons are a power outside of the control of people, even good natured people like Allicent / Rhaneyra.

To quote Berserk: "In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law. Is it like the hand of God hovering above? At least it is true that man has no control, even over his own will"

It wasn't her desire to rule, it was Otto's, who is now on the sidelines. I don't think she really wanted to be involved in the first place.

I think she is such a great actress that you can see with her eyes that she knows she’s in the wrong in that final scene

How big were her eyes during that scene, i swear they got bigger and bigger, and not normally bigger when one is surprised.

So much vex and game playing in the scene. Prince that was promised. When Rhaenyra goes "what?....thats something daddy used to say when i was little", Ali's thinking oh shit, have i played my card??? Rhae knows that Im lying...or does she? Maybe shes tryin to trick me. Oh well, I cant lose face so yeah its too late we go to war now cause i have to cover up.

Here it is

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 11.31.10 AM.png

oh yeah?

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 11.32.41 AM.png
oh sheeet

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 11.33.55 AM.png

ummm, fuuuuuuuu

It wasn't her desire to rule, it was Otto's, who is now on the sidelines. I don't think she really wanted to be involved in the first place.

Parallels to Cersei in that their sons sit on the throne rightly or wrongly, both dowagers. or something like that. except cersei wanted the throne.

i do think there's a small % in her that wants the throne tho

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How big were her eyes during that scene, i swear they got bigger and bigger, and not normally bigger when one is surprised.

So much vex and game playing in the scene. Prince that was promised. When Rhaenyra goes "what?....thats something daddy used to say when i was little", Ali's thinking oh shit, have i played my card??? Rhae knows that Im lying...or does she? Maybe shes tryin to trick me. Oh well, I cant lose face so yeah its too late we go to war now cause i have to cover up.

Here it is

View attachment 2036604

oh yeah?

View attachment 2036609
oh sheeet

View attachment 2036610

ummm, fuuuuuuuu

Parallels to Cersei in that their sons sit on the throne rightly or wrongly, both dowagers. or something like that. except cersei wanted the throne.

i do think there's a small % in her that wants the throne tho
I don't think it was a matter of saving face, it was more that it didn't matter any more, war was happening no matter what her or Rhanaeyra wanted. That horse has well and truly bolted and Rhaenyra is only just realising it

I don't think it was a matter of saving face, it was more that it didn't matter any more, war was happening no matter what her or Rhanaeyra wanted. That horse has well and truly bolted and Rhaenyra is only just realising it
it definitely was a face saving exercise. If Ali cancelled all hostilities (convincing the king to stop) it would look very bad for and on her to the smallfolk.

it definitely was a face saving exercise. If Ali cancelled all hostilities (convincing the king to stop) it would look very bad for and on her to the smallfolk.
She couldn't cancel hostilities at this point even if she wanted to

This is an appropriate interpretation of her actions. The contrast would be that perhaps she, reasonably, realises that the ball has begun to role and it really cannot be stopped at this point. The thesis of the episode is a bit of a butterfly effect conundrum, where did the conflict start - was it the Blackwoods and the Brackens inciting their centuries old feud in the names of the Blacks / Greens, was it Daemon claiming Harrenhall, was it Blood & Cheese killing the baby prince, was it Aemond killing Lucerys, was it Rhaneyra refusing Hightower's offers, was it Allicent confusing Visery's mention of Aegon and usurping the throne, was is Visery's ignoring the precedent of the great council of succession and naming Rhaneyra as his heir over his son, was it something even further back? At this stage the momentum is going, both sides have made mistakes / committed crimes. Would she, even with her position of power be able to control Aegon who sees himself as king or Aemond who sees himself as the most powerful force in the kingdom. What about the lords on either side, most don't really care for who is king and are doing so to follow the path that gives them the most power or is the most beneficial. Sure some will prefer peace but others are utilising the time to gain power, what will they do under a conciliated solution. We are at a position of the height of the dragons in Westeros in a House of Dragons. We get to a position a hundred and fifty years or so later in A Game of Thrones that dragons are extinct, maybe these living nuclear weapons are a power outside of the control of people, even good natured people like Allicent / Rhaneyra.

To quote Berserk: "In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law. Is it like the hand of God hovering above? At least it is true that man has no control, even over his own will"

Who do you follow George?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back