Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairly rough side, feel free to tear to bits..

Backs:
Symes
Mattner
Gilbee
Shaw
Birchall
Drummond
Ellis

Greenwood
S. Selwood

Mids:
K. Cornes
Cross
Knights
Johnstone
Stevens
Muston

Veszpremi
Bird

Rucks:
Simmonds
Leuenberger

Hampson
McEvoy

Forwards:
Chapman
Riewoldt
J. Brown
Murphy
Monfries
Hawkins
Jetta

Garland
Sellar

$44,500 remaining.

First time playing SC, usually stick to DT but thought id have a crack!

Thoughts?

My Team - Any Thoughts/suggestions?

BACKS
J.Bowden (c)
G.Birchall
H.Shaw
M.Mattner
X.Ellis
D.Pfeiffer
L.Gilbee

MID
A.Cooney
S.Thompson
N.Stevens
T.Johnstone
T.Logan
B.Rielly

RUCK
D.Cox
T.Simmonds

FOR
A.didak
S.Johnson
J.Brown (vc)
J.Porplyzia
B.Hall
S.Lucas
N.Thompson

I looked at my 22 and averaged the prices between each group.

Average Backman - $425,000
Average Centre - $415,000
Average Ruck - $350,000
Average Forward- 425,000

Intrigued. Anyone else care to do this?

Average Ruck - $350,000
Average Forward- 425,000

Average Backman - $379,044
Average Centre - $334,837
Average Ruck - $159,900
Average Forward- $358,422

Included reserves.

1. Shaw (DEF)
2. Hansen (DEF) (Emerg)
3. Smith (DEF) injured
4. Mundy (DEF)
5. Mackie (DEF)
6. Roberts-Thomson (DEF) are you joking?
7. Silvester (DEF)
8. Jones (DEF)
9. Newman (DEF)

10. Crowley (MID)
11. Stevens (MID)
12. Harris (MID)
13. Bird (MID)
14. Palmer (MID)
15. Buchanan (MID)
16. Ablett (MID)
17. Selwood (MID) which one? there are better options for all of them atm however

18. Cox (RUC)
19. Leuenberger (RUC)
20. Hampson (RUC)
21. Deluca (RUC)

22. Harding (FWD)
23. Le Cras (FWD)
24. Pavlich (FWD)
25. Valenti (FWD)
26. Rioli (FWD)
27. Deledio (FWD)
28. Waite (FWD)
29. Thomas (FWD)
30. Douglas (FWD)

A different lineup.

made some notes

Average Ruck - $350,000
Average Forward- 425,000

I did it for my 22 starters at this stage..

Avg Backs: $497000
Avg Mids: $437400
Avg Rucks: $364850
Avg Forwards: $329398

Hoping to improve on my approx 500th position last year! My ruckman really killed me then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody considering Brett Burton. He's midpriced (365K) and has a history of being a strong scorer (07 excluded), however hasn't played 22 games since 2002. Thoughts?

BW4PM - what are the reasons you don't rate Hurn and Griffen as SC players? I rate them as good value - both have high efficiency and potential to improve - don't rate either as DTers though.

Also surprised I haven't seen Chaplin in many squads - I thought he'd be a shoe-in for most after his form late last year.

Ok at the moment my team is

DEFENDERS

C. Cornes
A. McLeod
G. Birchall
J W Smith
S. Hurn
B. O'Brien
A Hartlett

M. Nicoski
D. Pfeiffer

MIDFIELDERS

G. Ablett
D. Swan
S. Pendlebury
N. Stevens
S. Buckley
R. Palmer

J. McNamara
S. Valenti

RUCKS

D. Cox
R. Warnock

M. Gardiner
S. Hampson

FORWARDS

M. Pavlich
J. Brown
S. Johnson
B. Fevola
J. Porplyzia
M. LeCras
M. Brown

L. Henderson
J. Morton

THOUGHTS?

Noone replied with their thoughts of my team! Please do as i want to know what improvments if any i can make.

BW4PM - what are the reasons you don't rate Hurn and Griffen as SC players? I rate them as good value - both have high efficiency and potential to improve - don't rate either as DTers though.
Okay, well I sure think Hurn will be a better SC player than a DT player, due to his usual kick:hb ratio. But I can't really see him averaging any more than 50 - 70 in DT. He will be rotated through the midfield or across halfback along with the likes of Waters, Braun, Selwood, Staker, Nicoski and co which I think will limit his fantasy scores.
I've just been looking over Griffen again, and realise that I haven't really seen enough of him to make a comment either way. So I take back my earlier statement. He could well improve a lot this year.

Noone replied with their thoughts of my team! Please do as i want to know what improvments if any i can make.
Ordinary to say the least.Obrien and Hartlett as starters in the backline will destroy you.Cant see J Smith and Hurn averaging over 65 either.Mids are ok although having Palmer and Buckley as starters is too risky.Warnock in the ruck will only get a run if Sandlands is injured.Forwards are also risky with the inclusion of Lecras and M Brown and Fevola will only give you 5-6 good scores for the year so in conclusion you should start again as you havnt got the right balance and too many risky players in your starting 22

peterss,

Backs - Wouldn't put Nicoski on the bench - go for a cheaper option <150K. JW Smith is injured (projected to be back by R4). Reasons for Hartlett (I don't know much about him)? I like O'Brien, but have doubts over how much of a go he'll get (will have to ask Freo fans).

Mids - Reasons for Buckley and Valenti (haven't heard much of them)? Palmer should ideally be on the bench IMO.

Rucks - Not sure about having Warnock as a starter (will be 2nd ruck at best to Sandilands).

Forwards - Fev's too much of a risk for me (I got burnt by him last year), but there's definitely the chance he'll get back to 06 form with Carlton's improved midfield delivery. Never really seen LeCras as much of a fantasy player, but he may well improve in that regard this year. I'd have doubts over having M.Brown as a starter (and his scoring ability - particularly if Woosha plays him as a key back).

.Cant see J Smith and Hurn averaging over 65 either.

Both averaged over 65 last year (JWS - 79, Hurn - 67).

Anybody considering Brett Burton. He's midpriced (365K) and has a history of being a strong scorer (07 excluded), however hasn't played 22 games since 2002. Thoughts?

Also surprised I haven't seen Chaplin in many squads - I thought he'd be a shoe-in for most after his form late last year.

Injurerd i think....Broken hand or the likes!!

Any thoughts on Bachar Houli and Angus Monfries? Also, will Fevola be a worthwhile cheapish forward, given that the Carlton midfield is full of guns and the supply should improve a lot? Will "Judd to Fevola" become a common phrase on the commentator's lips?

Fair point though it looks as though Waite is being groomed for CHB. Not necessarily a bad thing but he may be too accountable in some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back