Heppell suing Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

They're going to take Essendon to the cleaners

81e7BUyWTxL._SL1500_.jpg

EDIT: Oops, zimpy got there first.
I can see rationale that these type of situations may take most clubs to the cleaners and the brink of extinction, and especially clubs like the Doggies. But i think you will be sadly disappointed that resources available will see EFC through.

I can see rationale that these type of situations may take most clubs to the cleaners and the brink of extinction, and especially clubs like the Doggies. But i think you will be sadly disappointed that resources available will see EFC through.
That's true. After all the Dogs did have a loss of 1.3 million and Essendon made a profit of 388 thousand in 2015. Oh wait, might have that switched around.

It's the insurance companies money isn't it?

Would the insurance company be happy just forking out 1 million without a fight?

The insurance company also runs the risk that the formula used to give him an inflated payout would than be used to pay the other 33. Resulting in increased payouts across the board.

Would the costs be covered by Essendon's insurance? Couldn't see a reference to that in the articles I read. It is an odd situation with the club hopeful of retaining players despite the prospect of claims.

Would the costs be covered by Essendon's insurance? Couldn't see a reference to that in the articles I read. It is an odd situation with the club hopeful of retaining players despite the prospect of claims.

The club has previously stated they have insurance to cover this. It would be a really odd (and stupid) thing if they did not.

It should also raise alarm bells if the club starts making additional payments on top of the insurance payouts.

What the **** did you just ******* say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ******* words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, goose. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ******* dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ******* tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ******* dead, kiddo.
Always have a laugh at the fact, that all these years this has been copy and pasted around the net I still haven't seen one person fix the whole "Gorilla warfare" thing. What have Gorillas done to us?

The problem with this sorry saga is that it won't go away. For the next 20 years there is going to be a cloud over the club and players until it is 100% known what they were injected with.

I can see any illness/conditions potentially developed by players post retirement will see the club and their injection program again in focus.

A 'disaster' is an understatement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always have a laugh at the fact, that all these years this has been copy and pasted around the net I still haven't seen one person fix the whole "Gorilla warfare" thing. What have Gorillas done to us?

Because that's the joke

What the **** did you just ******* say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ******* words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, goose. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ******* dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ******* tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ******* dead, kiddo.
Ain't nobody talks to my Percy like that!

Surely they wouldnt be even thinking about pulling a stunt like that. If that were the case there would be calls for the afl to revoke their licence
Nah - the AFL would just pick a name out of a hat for a "BTGID + cushy side job" combo, send out the relevent denial and coverup back-story through their accredited media, have the AFLPA announce that it's a great move for the players
... and then trip gaily on through the tulips
.... to the next inevitable debacle.

The insurance company also runs the risk that the formula used to give him an inflated payout would than be used to pay the other 33. Resulting in increased payouts across the board.

Reckon he's shot himself in the foot by taking that 360 job. Now he cant claim being linked into the doping scandal will affect his media prospects after he retires.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Or maybe Essendon lined up the 360 gig knowing that it would reduce the insurance payouts...

At times I just think maybe the club should cut ties get whatever picks they can for the 12 and go on from there.
Ah, like this?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/d3f93e932da23c3758584c3de01ad467

Would be pretty ruthless thing to do, so openly and late in the saga.
And very damaging I would think for the players personally, who have stuck to the club line to varying degrees for well longer than was in their best interests to have done so.

It would complete the perfect damage mitigation strategy though - the one that favoured the club in reducing the final number of banned players, by having this delayed as long as possible!;)

Watson could be higher if stripped of the Brownlow. Bigger loss of reputation, also Brownlow winner helps after giving up playing in number of areas.
Ah yes, from the valuation perspective for the losses.
Still, ~$1m for the top 2 steaks in the display - for 3 years' damages, future damages (including all health risks outsode what AFL is monitoring/ covering), any loss of earnings now and future, sponsorships, etc - and all the rest drop down the scale from there.

That's well below worst case?

If club could then take the "oh woe is us, look how our players have treated us after all we have done for them" line and trade all the remaining ones out a-la earlier post, it's job done, all ends neatly tied off.

Club starts fully afresh with no baggage.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Heppell suing Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back