2nds Heath Younie reserves coach

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not an outsider, he was in a developmental role at the club this year. I am a little shocked with the appointment, but it's going to be a collective effort among all of the developmental coaches anyway (Jonas and co). They must think highly of the guy though.
Yes, it's not like we have picked an outsider.

Remember it has been Rooch saying that Jonas was a laydown for the job, but he is now getting on & may not have been interested.

With Rehn making way for Walsh, could there be a change of ruck coaches at AFC?

I've had a bit to do with Heath. He is a great guy, smart and has his head screwed on right.
He also understands what the Crows are trying to do, has been in that move away from home situation and so will relate to draft picks well.
I suspect Jonas will mentor him very well. It is a great appointment. Even better is that despite the promises the Crows have made, he won't be there to prop up his coaching resume and go for wins at all costs. He comes from a development background and that will be his priority.
I'm confident our young guys are going to develop very, very well over the next few years. If only we had some draft picks to develop....

On Port, didn't I hear on the radio that Tyson Edwards was likely to be the Port reserves coach?

both Joanas and Alan Stewart will be excellent wingmen for Younie

our young list is in good hands

I thought he was coaching in the Indian Premier League? :confused: :)

Yeah yeah I know, I'm a Waqar. :p

Yes, it's not like we have picked an outsider.

Remember it has been Rooch saying that Jonas was a laydown for the job, but he is now getting on & may not have been interested.

With Rehn making way for Walsh, could there be a change of ruck coaches at AFC?

Lets hope.

Ah sorry Kingy, do you know more about our developmental coaches than the club as well? I apologise if you aren't actually criticising the appointment....
I think he was more saying how left-field he thinks the appointment is, not necessarily the wrong choice.
Could be wrong though...just how i read it.

I hope his kids aren't any good at footy because it certainly seems like we would likely miss out on F/S selections if they are draftable...

Hopefully Whiskas has a word to Ty about that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back