Hawthorn the new chokers tag fits around their neck comfortably! *Bumped*

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Hawthorn the new chokers tag fits around their neck comfortably!

Come come come come come...just listen to yourself will you. Lets go through it.

1993...the unfancied Crows in Melbourne come from behind in the last quarter to roll you in a final...choke...

1994...leading the Roos by plenty before folding up the tent and going home...choke...

2000...came up against the hapless roos after they were thrashed by the bombers...choke...

2001...bombers were out on their feet in the last half...gone...yet you found a way to lose by 1 goal and miss a Grand Final berth...choke...

2007...lost to a Roos side that in two other finals were completely uncompetitive...choke...

Its not just losing...its the nature of the loss.

We lost to Sydney by 3 seconds in Sydney in 2005 sure...but they went on to be the premiers. None of the sides you lost to in the last 15 years went on to be the premiers.

In 2004 we lost to a side who had won the past 3 flags on end...hardly a choke.

In 2000 we came off two 6 day breaks in a row when we played the hawks in that final...we lost by 9 pts from memory. Given a level playing field we would have won for sure.

1997...Colbert mark not paid at AAMI cost us the game when we were leading. Crows went on to win the flag.

1995...well yeah...but least we made it...

1994...well yeah...but we had a cracker of a finals series leading up to it and we were spent.

see its about the game itself...what transpired and what it suggests about the side...not just the result.

I think you are chokers...thats what the evidence suggests!
Great post WAG....right on the money.

It must have really hurt being called chokers and i bet you have been writing down all these comebacks since 1963 haven't you. Its okay we are sweet with the tag chokers especially from someone with a team that has been for sooo long. If this makes you feel better. i no where my team sits and I am happy with that.

I have just one question what geelong team will show up next year????

They get passed on from generation to generation- it is a family tradition down at Geelong. Each season when the Grand Final is on, they have a family get together, sit around a fire out the back of the trailer park and share comebacks they could use should they ever manage to fluke a flag.
Is a bit sad to see that this family tradition will be subdued... for this year anyway.

Are all Geelong supporters this stupid?!? Seriously.

Hey calling all pussy numb-nums, It took you 44 years to get 1 flag, if any team deserve the tag of being a choker = GEELONG by a country mile!

You're all going on about 16 years, guess what 16< 44 years.

Going by your rationale, Geelong is 3 times the bigger choker than Hawks!

You win. :thumbsu:

Are all Geelong supporters this stupid?!? Seriously.

Hey calling all pussy numb-nums, It took you 44 years to get 1 flag, if any team deserve the tag of being a choker = GEELONG by a country mile!

You're all going on about 16 years, guess what 16< 44 years.

Going by your rationale, Geelong is 3 times a bigger choker than Hawks!

You win. :thumbsu:

You really have to ask that. Well yes it is true, they are that stupid!!

And yes they are bigger chokers than Hawthorn.

It would be interesting to see who would win a choke off between Geelong and Collingwood....

The club or the team?
Becuase if you want to include 2001 and before as evidence of this team choking its irrelevant becuase theres only a handful of players still playing from that year.

You really have to ask that. Well yes it is true, they are that stupid!!

And yes they are bigger chokers than Hawthorn.

It would be interesting to see who would win a choke off between Geelong and Collingwood....

Aah so you admit they are chokers. Well done, now you're in the second stage acceptance....you've done well.

The club or the team?
Becuase if you want to include 2001 and before as evidence of this team choking its irrelevant becuase theres only a handful of players still playing from that year.

and there are NO geelong players left from the 95 grand final. The most recent choke I have seen is the Hawks semi final loss, therefore they have been passed the baton. It is now up to them to try and lose the tag by playing hard committed football on the big stage, until then....chokers!

Come come come come come...just listen to yourself will you. Lets go through it.

1993...the unfancied Crows in Melbourne come from behind in the last quarter to roll you in a final...choke...

1994...leading the Roos by plenty before folding up the tent and going home...choke...

2000...came up against the hapless roos after they were thrashed by the bombers...choke...

2001...bombers were out on their feet in the last half...gone...yet you found a way to lose by 1 goal and miss a Grand Final berth...choke...

2007...lost to a Roos side that in two other finals were completely uncompetitive...choke...

Its not just losing...its the nature of the loss.

We lost to Sydney by 3 seconds in Sydney in 2005 sure...but they went on to be the premiers. None of the sides you lost to in the last 15 years went on to be the premiers.

In 2004 we lost to a side who had won the past 3 flags on end...hardly a choke.

In 2000 we came off two 6 day breaks in a row when we played the hawks in that final...we lost by 9 pts from memory. Given a level playing field we would have won for sure.

1997...Colbert mark not paid at AAMI cost us the game when we were leading. Crows went on to win the flag.

1995...well yeah...but least we made it...

1994...well yeah...but we had a cracker of a finals series leading up to it and we were spent.

see its about the game itself...what transpired and what it suggests about the side...not just the result.

herald sun journalist....

You try and make all of your losses sound insignificant and our momentous. How good is this one: "1994...well yeah...but we had a cracker of a finals series leading up to it and we were spent." Where's the CHOKE at the end of that sentence? You lack credibility. Your facts are fine it's the rubbish opinion and interpretation that comes with it that makes you a moron.

Then a couple of high-fives from your geelong buddies (just as delirious from ACTUALLY winning a grand final, most likely the first you've ever seen) and you go home feeling all warm and fuzzy.

You're still a tool.

You try and make all of your losses sound insignificant and our momentous. How good is this one: "1994...well yeah...but we had a cracker of a finals series leading up to it and we were spent." Where's the CHOKE at the end of that sentence? You lack credibility. Your facts are fine it's the rubbish opinion and interpretation that comes with it that makes you a moron.

Then a couple of high-fives from your geelong buddies (just as delirious from ACTUALLY winning a grand final, most likely the first you've ever seen) and you go home feeling all warm and fuzzy.

You're still a tool.
yeah and we actually won it with 16 teams in the competition. And as for to top highlighted comment...well yeah of course...this is bay 13, what do you expect. 95% of all posts are shite and calling one team chokers over the other can only be backed up with doctored statistics, 88% of people know that.:D

and there are NO geelong players left from the 95 grand final. The most recent choke I have seen is the Hawks semi final loss, therefore they have been passed the baton. It is now up to them to try and lose the tag by playing hard committed football on the big stage, until then....chokers!
non-sensical logic from a typical geelongian.
Lay off the grog for a bit, save that lone brain cell you have left for your next post. Your 4 year old kid can carry on your good work on this thread when he's 40.

You're still a tool.

"well yeah" = choke...what else do you think its supposed to mean? I didnt try to make it sound anything other...just to qualify that we had at least made the Grand Final which is something you havent done for a long time and that when we choke its against the eventual Premiers of that season.

You havent even gotten to play the premiers of any final series/season in 15 years...thats why you are chokers. You lose finals to sides that arent even contenders at the time...thats choking..thats the difference. We have beaten the non contenders. We have lost at the final hurdle or to the truly great sides of the era...thats why our culture in the modern era is far better than yours since we became the AFL competition and not just the local VFL which is where all your past success has come.

Read simple english will you...use your brains...I have to explain every little detail to you like you cant use your own brain to work something out on your own. Its very tedious I can assure you.

You can use statistics to prove anything!!

These stats don't lie.....

Your club is proud of its mediocrity :thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club or the team?

The club...Hawthorn built a well deserved reputation in the VFL for being a great finals club. I am merely pointing out in the modern AFL era that reputation has completely eroded and not since 1991 have you actually played in any great final and actually won a big finals match of any significance since then.

That is a very very long time.

Thats in stark contrast to the previous 15 years wouldnt you say pre 1991?

Its a simple point...you have become chokers and that reputation is what is relevant today. Its the only point I am trying to make in this thread and the further the Hawk fans argue what is simple fact...the dumber they all look.

Become men...deal with reality!;) 2007....its such a good feeling.

WE ARE GEELONG

Do you no a loss is a loss it makes it worse if you loose with the last kick that actually makes it 4 times worse you just pointed out our losses and i think you will find a similar trend but more losses for you own club mate you aint winning this battle

I am merely pointing out in the modern AFL era that reputation has completely eroded and not since 1991 have you actually played in any great final and actually won a big finals match of any significance since then.

You weren't here in 2001??? Overseas???

WE ARE GEELONG

Do you no a loss is a loss it makes it worse if you loose with the last kick that actually makes it 4 times worse you just pointed out our losses and i think you will find a similar trend but more losses for you own club mate you aint winning this battle[/quote

Even your own hawk posters will get a laugh out of this. This is what we have been discussing the whole time. If its all about just losing..then everyone chokes...but that hasnt been the topic...I have been trying to refine the discussion to include what type of loss it was.

We lost to 5 premiers in our campaigns. In your 5 campaigns in the last 15 years you didnt play 1 premiership side because you kept losing finals to non contenders.

Thats what I call a choke. I think you will find thats what 'choke' actually means...losing when you really shouldnt have. We lost to premiership sides...you lost to nobodies.

And now we are Premiers.

In the modern era of the last 15 years since we have been truly the AFL...Hawthorn have become finals chokers. It doesnt get any simpler.

that's a statistic is it???, I think this explains why it's so hard to get our point accross.

It is a summary of statistics.

What point have you tried to get across, you have been piggy backing off WAG all thread long!! You can't come up with anything by yourself, better get back to your Geelong board and hone in your skills.

I am merely pointing out in the modern AFL era that reputation has completely eroded and not since 1991 have you actually played in any great final and actually won a big finals match of any significance since then.

You weren't here in 2001??? Overseas???

A BIG finals match...one that got you into a Grand Final...or perhaps won you a Grand Final? All clubs win an elimination or semi along the way...I am talking the Big Time. Something Hawthorn hasnt been apart of for 15 years. True...or you want to be delusional too?

Just to repeat...winning a BIG final...name it in the modern era?..or did you choke?

A BIG finals match...one that got you into a Grand Final...or perhaps won you a Grand Final? All clubs win an elimination or semi along the way...I am talking the Big Time. Something Hawthorn hasnt been apart of for 15 years. True...or you want to be delusional too?

Just to repeat...winning a BIG final...name it in the modern era?..or did you choke?

geelong supporters are the biggest bunch of fakes out there:D

lol this is quite funny.

We are Geelong, I will give you a so called "History lesson", lets compare teams in the last 30 years or so.

Your team has won 1 premiership in 37 years
hawthorn has won 8 in 37 years, we have been the premiers in roughly 20% of afl seasons since that period.

again, you have just the one.

You have played 6 grand finals in that period, you have won 1 = you have a grand final winning percentage of 15% (i'd almost call that a choke)

we have played 12 grand finals, and have won 8
66% winning ratio.

you are also a ********, who BADLY needs some pussy to distract you from the anger induced by the fact that your "Mighty" cats just cant seem to beat our boys, even during a premiership season.

And did we choke? perhaps. You could call a team who was tipped by everyone to finish bottom four, yet in fact bowed out in the semi final a choke? or maybe you could look at it the fact that we are an up and comming team with mainly kids with no finals experience? you can look at it either way.

Instead of wasting your energy replying to every comment that owns you by saying " GEELONG R PREMIERS, SO HORFORN CHOKED !!" Why dont you get your mom to help you write a strategy to send in to bomber with a detailed plan on how to beat the hawks? your team have a trophy in your cabinet but in the last few seasons you have been our bitches, and silverware doesn't change it child.

our last game was close ( 4 points)

who choked?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn the new chokers tag fits around their neck comfortably! *Bumped*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back