NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

AFL Ends Investigation - 'Imperfect resolution' as Hawks probe ends, no one charged

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s kinda the opposite of that.

Shots fired.

Seems quite the opposite atm from all sides
You're both right, I totally missed the new Carl Peterson related article linked above. They've gone to town on him, if he gets the right legal representation this could backfire in a pretty big way for Hawthorn. Although given the time taken I assume the allegations are pretty tight

Complex issue, which will only get messier now.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it in here yet, but there’s been very strong battle lines drawn between a few First Nations players who pulled on the Hawk jumper in the period in question.

Buddy and Cyril both attended a function in Darwin prior to an AFL match earlier this year, neither choosing to speak to each other. Remember these are 2 time premiership teammates.

Shaun Burgoyne and Buddy very much backing Clarkson and Fagan. Bradley Hill also from what I am told. Not at all happy with what’s played out. Franklin who was mostly estranged to the HFC after his move to Sydney has visited the club multiple times since the allegations were aired, had Clarko in the rooms at Sydney during his record goalkicking celebrations, engaged with the current Hawks and brought his kids to training in hawks jumpers.

Cyril now estranged from everyone other than the players with whom he’s joined to make the complaints.

You're both right, I totally missed the new Carl Peterson related article linked above. They've gone to town on him, if he gets the right legal representation this could backfire in a pretty big way for Hawthorn. Although given the time taken I assume the allegations are pretty tight

How is it going to backfire on Hawthorn? It's a deposition to the federal court

Wow

Hawthorn has sensationally claimed that alleged racism victim Carl Peterson was incoherent and appeared affected by drugs or alcohol when he was picked up by a club official at Melbourne Airport after a flight from Perth.
The club also rejected Peterson’s allegation that former Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson had told him in a 2009 meeting to “break up” with his partner and added “tell her to terminate the pregnancy”.

More than two years after the Hawks racism scandal broke, lawyers for the club have made a series of new claims in a scathing Federal Court document on Thursday.

Wow. Someone should have taken the financial offer...

If Hawthorn have record of this, it doesn't actually disprove anything but does raise some questions over the validity of any claim made I guess

1728535465043.png

I notice the story leaves out the well known comment here. Be a bit of a giveaway the comment wasn't remotely racist if they posted the quote I guess

1728535416080.png

Complex issue, which will only get messier now.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it in here yet, but there’s been very strong battle lines drawn between a few First Nations players who pulled on the Hawk jumper in the period in question.

Buddy and Cyril both attended a function in Darwin prior to an AFL match earlier this year, neither choosing to speak to each other. Remember these are 2 time premiership teammates.

Shaun Burgoyne and Buddy very much backing Clarkson and Fagan. Bradley Hill also from what I am told. Not at all happy with what’s played out. Franklin who was mostly estranged to the HFC after his move to Sydney has visited the club multiple times since the allegations were aired, had Clarko in the rooms at Sydney during his record goalkicking celebrations, engaged with the current Hawks and brought his kids to training in hawks jumpers.

Cyril now estranged from everyone other than the players with whom he’s joined to make the complaints.

For mine, that's the saddest part about this whole thing. As fans, we lost 3-4 seasons of Cyril (maybe another premiership) to early retirement. For Cyril, he lost basically everything.

Even his family and community appear to be (or have been) against him. It's Cyril and Sam against the world.

JML and Peterson now have elements of their passed put into print - elements that they would obviously have preferred to keep out of the public eye. It may have been 'known' to some Hawthorn fans, but there's a big difference between ITK's sharing rumours on a message board, and a declaration of fact in court documentation.

..After all this time I don't think the Rioli's will have achieved anything they hoped to. If anything they have worsened the potential of future First Nation people having AFL careers.

There are 2 very polar opposing views here. One of these sides has to be lying.
“ it’s not a lie if you believe it” and that goes for both parties.

Memories, feelings, perceptions are all subject to inconsistencies between different parties in the very same scenarios.

“ it’s not a lie if you believe it” and that goes for both parties.

Memories, feelings, perceptions are all subject to inconsistencies between different parties in the very same scenarios.
Hard to prove these racism claims in a court of law without facts and instead using feelings. They're on a hiding to nothing here and an expensive one at that

Should never have let it get this far

Hawthorns version of events is pretty consistent to what has been doing the rounds for quite a long time now.

Im glad it’s all out in the air. No winners at all, but the club and coaches should get the chance to clear their name and reputation on a number of the issues presented (not all). Mainly the Peterson allegations, his character has been questioned significantly by those who played with him and familiar with the situation.

Sad situation for all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorns version of events is pretty consistent to what has been doing the rounds for quite a long time now.

Im glad it’s all out in the air. No winners at all, but the club and coaches should get the chance to clear their name and reputation on a number of the issues presented (not all). Mainly the Peterson allegations, his character has been questioned significantly by those who played with him and familiar with the situation.

Sad situation for all.

Only winners are the lawyers.

Hard to prove these racism claims in a court of law without facts and instead using feelings. They're on a hiding to nothing here and an expensive one at that

Should never have let it get this far
ABL isn't charging the players a cent, so it won't be expensive for them. I guess the Hawks can ask for costs if the case is thrown out, but can you imagine the players paying any of that?
The bloke that should be most worried about how much this might cost him is Russell Jackson when he gets sued by the coaches down the track. But then the ABC (the taxpayers) will probably pick up his tab. Yay us.

Wow

Hawthorn has sensationally claimed that alleged racism victim Carl Peterson was incoherent and appeared affected by drugs or alcohol when he was picked up by a club official at Melbourne Airport after a flight from Perth.
The club also rejected Peterson’s allegation that former Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson had told him in a 2009 meeting to “break up” with his partner and added “tell her to terminate the pregnancy”.

More than two years after the Hawks racism scandal broke, lawyers for the club have made a series of new claims in a scathing Federal Court document on Thursday.
Someone getting off a flight appearing pissed isn't a sensational bombshell to me.

Straight from send off party to plane was pretty common when I was in my twenties, kudos for not missing the flight and getting through security.

ABL isn't charging the players a cent, so it won't be expensive for them. I guess the Hawks can ask for costs if the case is thrown out, but can you imagine the players paying any of that?
The bloke that should be most worried about how much this might cost him is Russell Jackson when he gets sued by the coaches down the track. But then the ABC (the taxpayers) will probably pick up his tab. Yay us.
I’ve been strong all along that what Jackson did was gutter journalism at its very worst. He did a character assassination on Clarkson, Fagan and Burt with from what I can tell with zero hard evidence.

The moment he published that “story” this was going to be a s..t show from start to finish. That claim especially about the forced termination, now it appears that the meeting didn’t even occur? That blows my mind TBH. How can you publish a claim that damaging without hard evidence?

Goes to the wider decline of the ABC overall, the standards at that institution are really a cause for worry these days.

Someone getting off a flight appearing pissed isn't a sensational bombshell to me.

Straight from send off party to plane was pretty common when I was in my twenties, kudos for not missing the flight and getting through security.

Someone with a job and paying no rent having no money and no clothes speaks to an impressive send off.

Surely he had to know this would come out.

Does this mean Hawthorn is withdrawing the cash offer...

Remove this Banner Ad

NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back