News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

Moot point. If he was rescheduling it because he wanted to have a big night on the turps then he should hand back his salary and get a job that allows him to not give 2 fks.
Mate regardless of if he wanted to get on the turps. They had a commitment, they were obligated to attend the PCM on the saturday night as part of his contract with Hawthorn. This clinic seems to have been arranged independently directly through management or the players, it wasn't a club arranged engagement.

So through duty to the club they have to be in the city till at least 10:30 perhaps 11. Some i know that went didn't get home till 1 despite leaving as it finished. Then you have daylight savings time and lose an hour.

I recently had to work till 12 one night and was home late, you'll bet I wasn't in at work the next morning.

The problem is they made a commitment and didn't keep it. But they are actually required to attend the PCM and the club is providing alcohol to them.

My suggestion is that instead of damaging theirs and the clubs reputation. They do not arrange for public appearances outside of club engagements where club staff are managing the scheduling and player responsibilities. They are paid to play football for Hawthorn. This sounds like they were running a side gig that conflicted with their responsibilities in attending the PCM, bonding with teammates afterwards AND has damaged the clubs reputation.

Mate regardless of if he wanted to get on the turps. They had a commitment, they were obligated to attend the PCM on the saturday night as part of his contract with Hawthorn. This clinic seems to have been arranged independently directly through management or the players, it wasn't a club arranged engagement.

So through duty to the club they have to be in the city till at least 10:30 perhaps 11. Some i know that went didn't get home till 1 despite leaving as it finished. Then you have daylight savings time and lose an hour.

I recently had to work till 12 one night and was home late, you'll bet I wasn't in at work the next morning.

The problem is they made a commitment and didn't keep it. But they are actually required to attend the PCM and the club is providing alcohol to them.

My suggestion is that instead of damaging theirs and the clubs reputation. They do not arrange for public appearances outside of club engagements where club staff are managing the scheduling and player responsibilities. They are paid to play football for Hawthorn. This sounds like they were running a side gig that conflicted with their responsibilities in attending the PCM, bonding with teammates afterwards AND has damaged the clubs reputation.

Nobody forced them to get drunk though.

That was their choosing knowing full well they had a commitment the following day.

Nobody forced them to get drunk though.

That was their choosing knowing full well they had a commitment the following day.
What i'm saying is that regardless of if they were drinking. It is a poor choice to make a commitment the following morning when you have late night commitments the night before.

If I had to work late on a Saturday night I would not make a commitment for my side gig the following morning.

What i'm saying is that regardless of if they were drinking. It is a poor choice to make a commitment the following morning when you have late night commitments the night before.

If I had to work late on a Saturday night I would not make a commitment for my side gig the following morning.

But they did. And if you were stuck with your commitment wouldn't you sacrifice a couple of drinks and a couple of hours of partying to ensure you could still fulfil that commitment?

Nobody was asking them not to go to the B&F and enjoy themselves. It wasn't one or the other.

If it's correct, 2 weeks is quite a lot of notice to reschedule or organise an alternative ( other players or whatever )
I've had things for my kids get rebooked at 24 even 48 hours notice . Paid events or classes.

In my industry which is appointment based that's an eternity of time .

I've seen ' no show ' mentioned which is totally incorrect.

Again I think we need more facts here , but i would think the organisers might be trying to pass off blame here on this one.
Agreed we need more facts, but regardless, trying to reschedule something, failing to do so and so just calling in sick instead is pretty poor form, if that’s what indeed happened.

Also the sort of thing I might very likely have done at age 18-20, but can look back now as a parent and business owner and be all on my high horse about.

Regardless, I’m sure they’ll learn from it.

so they tried to reschedule 2 weeks before.

If the organizers say no, did our boys say well in that case we can’t make the session or did they keep the commitment.

2 weeks is plenty of time to find alternative players if ginni and wiz pulled out at that time, that’s on the organizers.

but - if they kept the commitment, which seems to be the story being put out there, then that is really bad form.

You say you’ll be there, be there and don’t make a BS excuse on the morning. Whether official club business or not, it reflects terribly on hawthorn and on the two players.

You people having a go at Ginni and Watson are a joke. Not even TRUE Hawthorn supporters in my eyes.

Boohoo the kids! Oh someone think of that children!

I travelled HALF WAY ACROSS THE WORLD to meet my idol Paolo Maldini at Milallnello when I was 10. I even bought his jumper with his name on the back of it, out of my own pocket money which cost around 89 euro back in 1990. He wasn't there when I turned up. Was I disappointed he didn't turn up? Of course. Did I think less of him? Absolutely not. I always thought he was a champion. I still got to meet Papin and Albertini (you probably don't know who they are) and was still stoked.

Ultimately these parents, need to reach these kids some manners, that players are not your property, they don't need to be coming to functions or clinics. They're doing it for free and out of their free time.

Storm in a teacup is not the right description. This IS a storm, the only storm is the right wing media type reporting and over entitled parents having a sissy fit. WHAT A JOKE.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back