Autopsy Hawks lose to Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Our forward entries are very poor and have been all year.
To predictable going foward - we are not (consistently)strong enough in the air and not getting enough crumbs at the base of the pack for the gameplan to work. Need to open our forward line up and lower the eyes.

Loved Hardwick and Burton’s games.
Plenty to work with in the future.
I am not to disappointed that Mitchell Lewis is getting a run, but will need to go back to BH to get some touch.
Better for the opportunity and will only get better as a result.

Realistically we are a 7-12 side. I dont mind if we have a couple of down years to bank some talent.
Keep getting games into the young kids, whilst letting them learn from the experienced premiership players.

It's fine if Guerra, Hodge, Birchall and Gibbo are back there.

We end up too often with the ball in the hands of Mirra, Frawley and Stratton. Zero creativity with those guys and that's without even mentioning their kicking skills.

Mirra needs to go

I would sell my left arm for a good KPF.
n-ROCKET-RACCOON-628x314.jpg

Oh I'll get that arm.

We are nowhere near a top 8 side at the moment.

Closer to bottom 4 on current form.

Bottom 4 are Gold Coast, St Kilda, Brisbane, Carlton. I would be more disappointed if I was a supporter of those clubs than HFC. They have had access to so many first round draft picks recent years, that if high draft picks should count towards success, that would be a shame. We have lost 8 great players in recent times Hodge,Mitchell,Lewis,Lake,Hale,Gibson,Guera,Franklin and Birchall/Frawley/Rioli/Roughead/Poppy have either had injuries or not same output as in our premiership years. It is such an even year and other teams have had their ups and downs this year like Melbourne, Collingwood, Adelaide.

Thanks.... just watched the highlights. Will have a look when they post the replay. Was expecting a big loss after last week's effort.
Unfortunately had a family commitment I couldn't get out of today :-(
Plenty of positives to take from the game , some of its hard watching but like I say they had a real dip

It's fine if Guerra, Hodge, Birchall and Gibbo are back there.

We end up too often with the ball in the hands of Mirra, Frawley and Stratton. Zero creativity with those guys and that's without even mentioning their kicking skills.
This.

Mirra is VFL standard at best.

Crying out for Birchall to come back.

The obsession with going lateral and backwards from defence is horrendous, does absolutely nothing besides allow west coast to set up defensively.
Tough to blame the team for playing conservatively to protect our defense given the way they were exposed last week, and considering who were playing.

Amongst all the doom, gloom and negativity did anyone notice that Darling, Kennedy and McGovern were all well held by their opponents today?
That's right two of the best KPFs in the game and one of the best KPDs had probably their quietest games of the year.
Well done Strats, Chip Sic and Lewis.

For a second gamer that has genuinely earned a spot by playing well in the 2's he should be persisted with to fast track his development like we did for Roughead and Franklin. If he goes back 'till he's ready' he will not improve enough.

Obrien and shoenmakers are not going to be what we need. O'Brien has played 4 adequate AFL games out of 48. And imo never had giod enough VFL form to warrant senior selection.

That's a fair enough opinion. I guess it depends where Clarko thinks we are as a team. I'd say if we lose the next couple and our season looks lost then fast tracking development is probably the way to go. But for now I'm sure playing finals is still the main concern (not sure if it's realistic anymore) and for now we should be putting the best possible 22 on the park.

I'm not sure that he would be in our most competitive side, but in his favour there ain't exactly much competition for the key forward post at the moment.

Happy with Impey. Ran out of tickets in the last but his run and carry is increasingly important. He is prepared to back himself and to impact the game like few others in the team at the moment.

I'm also happy with Burton. Played off a wing and was keen to get the ball forward. Skills weren't quite at his sharpest but a much better game from him.

O'Meara should take heart from his game. In the guts throughout and kicked three goals.

Frawley and Stratton defended Kennedy and Darling pretty well all things considered.

Midfield needs a further injection of class. Sit on Mitchell and Hawthorn struggles to win a centre clearance unless O'Meara can work a bit of magic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Intruder alert*
You guys played a pretty good game today and was a good response from the dissappintment from last week.
I thought on paper WCE had a lot more star power but Hawks kept in the game with tenaciousness all day.
You have a player in Hardwick but. Could use a haircut tho.
Best of luck for the season, would expect you guys to make the 8 based on today's effort.

Happy with Impey. Ran out of tickets in the last but his run and carry is increasingly important. He is prepared to back himself and to impact the game like few others in the team at the moment.

I'm also happy with Burton. Played off a wing and was keen to get the ball forward. Skills weren't quite at his sharpest but a much better game from him.

O'Meara should take heart from his game. In the guts throughout and kicked three goals.

Frawley and Stratton defended Kennedy and Darling pretty well all things considered.

Midfield needs a further injection of class. Sit on Mitchell and Hawthorn struggles to win a centre clearance unless O'Meara can work a bit of magic.

Think we needed our forwards to fire aswell. I know we didn't have great delivery, but Gunston/Puopolo/Bruest only combined for one goal and these are guys who have performed on the big stage. We already had a young inexperienced forward in Lewis, we really needed our class players to fire but unfortunately they didn't.

Intruder alert*
You guys played a pretty good game today and was a good response from the dissappintment from last week.
I thought on paper WCE had a lot more star power but Hawks kept in the game with tenaciousness all day.
You have a player in Hardwick but. Could use a haircut tho.
Best of luck for the season, would expect you guys to make the 8 based on today's effort.
upload_2018-5-27_17-48-16.png

I mean I understand he did a reasonable job keeping Mcgovern accountable, but I would hardly call a 6 possession, 1 mark, 0 goal game from a key forward "good".

It would help if you factored in the fact he is only 19 years old and playing his second game.

No future with Mirra? Has to go back and captain box hill, there's a reason he has been overlooked for 10 years.

Thought mitch Lewis looks a very likely type, like his leading patterns and ability to be clean with the footy.

Jags a decent return, still want to see him get it more. I'm hoping this comes.

Chip was decent, Sic decent, Cegs a nice return and will get better.

Overall we're probably a 10-12 team and that's where we sit

You still have a go at OMeara when he plays a good game - you are a ****wit

Mitch Lewis is not ready for senior football... period.
If the other 2 players that have played CHF put in a performance like this kid has over the last 2 weeks there would be screams of blue murder at the selection table!
Decoy..... Bahaha. Sorry but that does not cut it.
Let the kid develop at Box hill & get a solid Pre season into him & for goodness sake... let him hit the gym! He looks like he could be a ripper! Let it come instead of forcing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks lose to Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back