Hardwick, 2014 results, and a contract extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone happy with how this year finished and patting themselves on the back need to take a good hard look at themselves. Accepting that result is accepting mediocrity, great the team made the finals. .

I don't think anyone is thrilled with the way the year ended but you cannot judge the whole season on the last result.

We improved a lot. Our young players have looked exceptional at times, Vlastuin, Ellis, Conca, Dusty, and morris. Our mid tier players like Jackson, White, S.Edwards and Rance have become very good footballers (most weeks).

We've won 15 games and the majority of our list and primary players are 23 and below. We've smashed Membership, we are going to make a huge profit which can be put back into the football department. Next year we will also have a bigger membership which will result in more money again to go back into the football department. We are now in a cycle of success which is brilliant, and its come from solid reason decisions each year not by making reactionary decisions based of bad games.

If after a well thought out discussion players and or coaches are thought to not be taking us forward then we move them on. Tigerbob said in the other thread he heard we are not completely happy with our fitness department and are looking to make improvements in that area. That's a far better way to look at it, lets improve where we are weak not just go removing people because we are unhappy with a performance in a particular week. Also don't forget people in football often get better from experience, that goes for Hardwick and his assistants, FJ and his recruiting team, Blair and list analysis team and Dan Richardson who has just stepped into his role as Football Manager.

I don't think anyone is thrilled with the way the year ended but you cannot judge the whole season on the last result.

We improved a lot. Our young players have looked exceptional at times, Vlastuin, Ellis, Conca, Dusty, and morris. Our mid tier players like Jackson, White, S.Edwards and Rance have become very good footballers (most weeks).

We've won 15 games and the majority of our list and primary players are 23 and below. We've smashed Membership, we are going to make a huge profit which can be put back into the football department. Next year we will also have a bigger membership which will result in more money again to go back into the football department. We are now in a cycle of success which is brilliant, and its come from solid reason decisions each year not by making reactionary decisions based of bad games.

If after a well thought out discussion players and or coaches are thought to not be taking us forward then we move them on. Tigerbob said in the other thread he heard we are not completely happy with our fitness department and are looking to make improvements in that area. That's a far better way to look at it, lets improve where we are weak not just go removing people because we are unhappy with a performance in a particular week. Also don't forget people in football often get better from experience, that goes for Hardwick and his assistants, FJ and his recruiting team, Blair and list analysis team and Dan Richardson who has just stepped into his role as Football Manager.

Taking all of that in to account; a pass mark. The club did nothing more than what it should have done this season, hence the pass mark. I'm not saying anything more than now the club needs to not make the same mistake as after the 2001 season and get ahead of itself. The club continued its progression as it should have and now it needs to do what needs to be done to take the next step.
The club is still ways away from rubbing shoulders with the big boys. Until that happens keep the bum slaps and high fives in check.

Taking all of that in to account; a pass mark. The club did nothing more than what it should have done this season, hence the pass mark. I'm not saying anything more than now the club needs to not make the same mistake as after the 2001 season and get ahead of itself. The club continued its progression as it should have and now it needs to do what needs to be done to take the next step.
The club is still ways away from rubbing shoulders with the big boys. Until that happens keep the bum slaps and high fives in check.

Only one club IMO gets better then a pass ark and thats the premier. We were never going to win the premiership and we failed in a finals game, which was really bad, but as long as we continue to improve thats all we can ask for.

We were shown up for inexperience and nerves yesterday. Ellis, Chaplin and somebody else dropped three sitters in the first half which lead to goals. Morris fumbled all on his own in D50 which i think led to another goal. Plus some of our kicking, Cotchin, Rance and i think grimes out on the full from D50.

But we have to make sure we keep improving and if we don't then we question whether we have the right people in place. But it still has to be a reasoned decision and not reactionary one. Look at Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn who have built slowly. Whereas a few others like Collingwood, Melbourne and Essendon have made reactionary choices and its backfired/firing.

Dimma's been great and I hope he'll be our next premiership coach.

My only realy concern for him, and it's been pointed out a number of times this season, is his lack of a Plan B. Anytime the momentum starts to swing and our Plan A stops working he seems unable or unwilling to change things around back into our favour.

Fitness, Fitness, Fitness..look at what Port Adelaide were able to do hiring the guy from Liverpool. Not my stat but Richmond were +347 points in first halves and +33 points in second halves in 2013 (including yesterday). That's pretty damning.
agreed, we also need a forward line!!!!

I live in Geelong and it is such a crock to talk about bomber, do you know when the club did a review the board voted to sack him. He had no interest in leading teams and was very close to walking. It was Brian Cook and Frank that convinced him to stay. He hated getting feedback from the players, but he did and he changed the way he coached, we dont have anyone challenging the way we are coached (that i know off). I also know that unless Dimma changes the way he coaches, or we draft ineradicably well, we wont go anywhere.

I live in Geelong and it is such a crock to talk about bomber, do you know when the club did a review the board voted to sack him. He had no interest in leading teams and was very close to walking. It was Brian Cook and Frank that convinced him to stay. He hated getting feedback from the players, but he did and he changed the way he coached, we dont have anyone challenging the way we are coached (that i know off). I also know that unless Dimma changes the way he coaches, or we draft ineradicably well, we wont go anywhere.
Guess jumping from 13th to 5th in one year isn't good enough improvement? What more do you want?

Im a bit disgusted with some of the supporters on here, the team has done great this year and hardwick is getting better as a coach (including match day performance) i want to see hardwick with the tigers a min a 10 years, we need this as a club.

Fans are perfectly entitled to think it's a little bit crap when they see us give up a five-goal lead against a side who only got into the eight after Essendon was demoted. Hundreds. In fact, thousands, left before the match was over. It is not too much to ask for that a side might put up a good enough performance that you'd want to stay to the end. Moreover, as some of us have been saying for some time, our gameplan is ineffective against top sides. Hardwick must take responsibility for this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He planted the seeds ever since 2010. He's the reason, for example, our recruiters favoured Vlastuin, a hard and reliable type, over some more 'talented' kids.

Over time, more and more of the things Dimma prioritises will be shown to stand up for finals football. He knows what to look for when many others think they're winning by focusing on something else.

We're building a hard team that values winning every quarter by 2-3 goals and has a strong defensive game. We didn't show that on the weekend, but we'll get closer to that goal next year, just as we did this year compared to 2012.

Hardwick - good year. got us into finals. blooded some youngsters. there are still question marks on his gameday coaching when ever we have a loss, but is still showing signs of improvement. we are so quick to give a 4th year player a chop out when he has a bad day, but are quick to jump on the coach's back. He will get better every year, like the team. Minimum next year is and elimination week win, if we can get in top 4, even better. For Hardwick to not be coaching in 2015, we would have to finish below 10th, coz that means something went horribly wrong in the off season

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardwick, 2014 results, and a contract extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back