Preview 2024 Round 15 GWS Vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For mine Fox in IS our best side.
The question is who is the best sub at the moment out of Campbell, Roberts or Mitchell. IMO Roberts needs a rest, Campbell is playing with a lack of confidence and Mitchell is coming off a BOG against the VFL leaders.

No to Mitchell in a derby. You have to assume a sub may be needed first minute. Let’s not complicate it. Fox is the perfect sub, Roberts in

If Campbell is dropped I reckon he should get a couple of weeks in the mids as a tune up.
I'd like to see more than a couple of weeks of this.

Whilst it's promising that the coaches don't seem to view him as lower than that 22nd-25th man range, what it's meant is a whole lot of shuffling around for Campbell, and I don't think it's done him any favours at all.

His year to date reads as follows:

Mar 7 - Defence in AFL side
Mar 15 - Wing in AFL side
Mar 23 - Wing in AFL side
Mar 31 - Wing in AFL side
Apr 6 - Wing in AFL side
Apr 13 - Bye
Apr 21 - Senior sub
Apr 28 - Senior sub
May 4 - Inside mid in VFL
May 11 - Inside mid in VFL
May 17 - Senior sub
May 23 - Wing in AFL side
May 30 - Bye
June 9 - Senior sub
June 15 - Wing in AFL side

It's an absolute mess. You'd struggle to see even Errol Gulden's best footy if that's how he'd been used.

Not saying I know what the right course of action for Campbell to get the best out of him is, but the coaches have gotta actually decide on one and stick to it for a substantial period, otherwise I doubt Campbell's ever gonna make the progress we want to see.

Whilst it's promising that the coaches don't seem to view him as lower than that 22nd-25th man range, what it's meant is a whole lot of shuffling around for Campbell, and I don't think it's done him any favours at all.

Apr 6 - Wing in AFL side
Apr 13 - Bye
Apr 21 - Senior sub
Apr 28 - Senior sub
May 17 - Senior sub
May 30 - Bye
June 9 - Senior sub

It's an absolute mess. You'd struggle to see even Errol Gulden's best footy if that's how he'd been used.

Not saying I know what the right course of action for Campbell to get the best out of him is, but the coaches have gotta actually decide on one and stick to it for a substantial period, otherwise I doubt Campbell's ever gonna make the progress we want to see.
How can you say he was an inside mid in the 2s

Apr 6 - Wing in AFL side
Apr 13 - Bye
Apr 21 - Senior sub
Apr 28 - Senior sub
May 17 - Senior sub
May 30 - Bye
June 9 - Senior sub

My god where do you find all this info?

Or are you just (gasp!) a nerd?

Wow Sam Taylor is a huge out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back