Preview 2024 Round 16 Sydney v Fremantle (SCG) 1.45pm (AEST) Sat 29 June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm… any chance we could borrow Hamling back for a few weeks ? Promise to return him soon….
Our 3 experienced tall defenders are now all out with long term injuries. We only have two 2024 debutantes left (1 game and 11 games played) hence some off the wall suggestions.
On saying that our defence is based more around a full team effort, not so much 1v1 brilliance (although Pierce was on track for possible AA selection).
Good luck for the rest of the season (not this game of course!) if we don’t win it I hope you guys do

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bad luck indeed with your big guys. Pearce in particular is a gun.

We need to at least feign some sort of worry about Freo.

Maybe I exaggerated but elite defence gives them a shot against anyone.

I'm more of the school that only the paranoid survive - Freo have run close games with us over the previous few years and if they had kicked straight in Perth that game might have been closer to the BullDogs score line. I feel less worried about the Pies R22 game because you know the players will be tuned in.

Ummm… any chance we could borrow Hamling back for a few weeks ? Promise to return him soon….
Our 3 experienced tall defenders are now all out with long term injuries. We only have two 2024 debutantes left (1 game and 11 games played) hence some off the wall suggestions.
On saying that our defence is based more around a full team effort, not so much 1v1 brilliance (although Pierce was on track for possible AA selection).
Good luck for the rest of the season (not this game of course!) if we don’t win it I hope you guys do

Only if you promise to leave Chad alone.

Only if you promise to leave Chad alone.

Ha!!
Just quietly that’s a small part of why I hope you guys win the GF this year ( if we don’t!). In my mind that would make the very slim chance of Chad coming over now very slim + 1% !!🤣
That and to smash the Vics of course.
To answer an earlier post, Cox is on the mend, played a half in the WAFL reserves team last weekend,
JL has already stated he needs a full game at WAFL level before playing in the seniors. He missed almost the entire pre-season then got injured 10 minutes into his comeback game in round 1. Next week maybe, not this week I’m afraid 🤷‍♂️

Pearce is a big out
I love watching him play.

Got class always has a crack.

I like Freo, really do. I wish they would perform to their ability. Be great to have more non Vic teams rumbling the party up.

Sick of hearing how the BIG 4 and Geelong are so important to the league.

It has gone just fine without the Bombers doing jack for a decade plus. It will survive the tiggers slide into mediocrity again, Carlton will implode and Geelong are boring and old.

And **** the pies, truly **** them. More advantage than a Sydney Sweeney at an ugly girl contest and they still whine. **** them to hell and back.

Bring on the new wave I say.

Also Freo can perform after this weekend.

And hands off Chad.

I love watching him play.

Got class always has a crack.

I like Freo, really do. I wish they would perform to their ability. Be great to have more non Vic teams rumbling the party up.

Sick of hearing how the BIG 4 and Geelong are so important to the league.

It has gone just fine without the Bombers doing jack for a decade plus. It will survive the tiggers slide into mediocrity again, Carlton will implode and Geelong are boring and old.

And ** the pies, truly ** them. More advantage than a Sydney Sweeney at an ugly girl contest and they still whine. **** them to hell and back.

Bring on the new wave I say.

Also Freo can perform after this weekend.

And hands off Chad.

Don't worry the Bombers missing the 8 from here is popcorn material lol or them losing a final and then the media can stop the blow in about that rubbish side which has won a grand total of 1 game against a top 8 side...and that was GWS missing their whole side basically. Seriously a complete pretender team.

Pies just annoy me to no end maybe it's the constant love in from Ed's big head don't know.

Weirdly don't hate Carlton but I just know them winning will be the Dogs winning but 100 times worse!

I would love a sydney vs GWS/Freo final just to annoy the Victorians.

Don't discount the lions imo they finish top 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry the Bombers missing the 8 from here is popcorn material lol or them losing a final and then the media can stop the blow in about that rubbish side which has won a grand total of 1 game against a top 8 side...and that was GWS missing their whole side basically. Seriously a complete pretender team.

Pies just annoy me to no end maybe it's the constant love in from Ed's big head don't know.

Weirdly don't hate Carlton but I just know them winning will be the Dogs winning but 100 times worse!

My predictions and i have said this for a couple weeks atleast in parts is that Lions make top 4. Essendon finish 9th and Freo i think finish 5th. Essendon need to win 4 more games to MAKE finals, they play Geelong, Collingwood, Melbourne, Adelaide, St Kilda, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Sydney and Brisbane

Essendon finishing 9th from 2nd would be so Essington and considering the ladder atm that is not out of the realms of possibility

Anyways, planning to go this weekend, 1:45pm suits me the most.

Lions will finish top 4 at this rate, and they scare me being the one team we don't match up well on. We put pragmatic teams to the sword, brisbane are not that and neither is Carlton or Pies - it's our attack and weapons vs theirs. If we don't get knocked out by one of them, we will see one in the final.

Kidean Coleman was a huge loss for them, lost a weapon in their outside run - but they've adjusted and started finding other ways to make their method work again.

My predictions and i have said this for a couple weeks atleast in parts is that Lions make top 4. Essendon finish 9th and Freo i think finish 5th. Essendon need to win 4 more games to MAKE finals, they play Geelong, Collingwood, Melbourne, Adelaide, St Kilda, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Sydney and Brisbane

If they don't win this week watch Essendon miss, there's no easy games in that lot bar probably the Crows and who know what Adelaide side you get, think GC is away too that's hard.

Lions will finish top 4 at this rate, and they scare me being the one team we don't match up well on. We put pragmatic teams to the sword, brisbane are not that and neither is Carlton or Pies - it's our attack and weapons vs theirs. If we don't get knocked out by one of them, we will see one in the final.

Kidean Coleman was a huge loss for them, lost a weapon in their outside run - but they've adjusted and started finding other ways to make their method work again.

Also gain Ashcroft back this week or next (not sure whether they go the reserves route with him). He's all class and he'll add a bit there. I'm very nervous them making top 4, at least if they come outside the 4 they won't get two home finals.

Surely there is no chance Essendon miss finals. They easily beat Melbourne, GC, Crows and Saints, with games against the Cats and Freo pretty 50/50

Lions numbers are through the roof they are some strong sides sitting outside the 8 weird as season.

Surely there is no chance Essendon miss finals. They easily beat Melbourne, GC, Crows and Saints, with games against the Cats and Freo pretty 50/50

Probably lose at least 1-2 of those sure wins. Can see GC finally winning one away against them. Agree on Saints and Crows. Who on earth knows against Melbourne if Melbourne defend that could be an ugly scrap of a game. Cats is 50-50 as it’s at the G and not in Geelong. They probably just make it but it will be just

Probably lose at least 1-2 of those sure wins. Can see GC finally winning one away against them. Agree on Saints and Crows. Who on earth knows against Melbourne if Melbourne defend that could be an ugly scrap of a game. Cats is 50-50 as it’s at the G and not in Geelong. They probably just make it but it will be just
To be fair watch Adelaide put up their last good performance against Essendon and that will be Nick's argument to keep him in as Coach for 2025. Surely they are bound to have at least 1 good game in the rest of the season

To be fair watch Adelaide put up their last good performance against Essendon and that will be Nick's argument to keep him in as Coach for 2025. Surely they are bound to have at least 1 good game in the rest of the season

Rankine back and having a few games under his belt too they weren’t bad 2 weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back