Rumour GWS targeting Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
People are saying it was reported on the news that GWS are offering us #1/Tom Boyd for Fyfe. Surely there dreaming? Fyfe is a once in a generation player, an absolute jet. Big no from me, we should be giving them the finger for even thinking about taking Fyfe away from us.

People are saying it was reported on the news that GWS are offering us #1/Tom Boyd for Fyfe. Surely there dreaming? Fyfe is a once in a generation player, an absolute jet. Big no from me, we should be giving them the finger for even thinking about taking Fyfe away from us.

not gonna happen, unless they add a lot to that. I thought it was said that Pick 1 was part of the deal. Not the deal.
Could be negative!

Surely not, Fyfe's already is a gun at 22, imagine what he can do in a couple years time. Would be silly to let him go

And how many years before Boyd would want to go back to Victoria. It's always the highly rated ones that want to go home.

Look people it is true.
GWS are red hot keen on Fyfe - only because buddy franklin has turned his head on a shift west.

Freo have told both parties its pick #1 & Cameron. No more , no less
If Fyfe wants to go , & if the club that wants him want to part with that , thats his value.

Look people it is true.
GWS are red hot keen on Fyfe - only because buddy franklin has turned his head on a shift west.

Freo have told both parties its pick #1 & Cameron. No more , no less
If Fyfe wants to go , & if the club that wants him want to part with that , thats his value.

In other words it ain't gonna happen. Cameron is one of the best tall forwards I've seen since Carey. You don't trade that kid even for Fyfe.

Yeah trade for an untested 18yo vs Fyfe who is going to perhaps be the best player in the league in a couple years. No.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And how many years before Boyd would want to go back to Victoria. It's always the highly rated ones that want to go home.

Exactly right. GWS are too late, surely even if we were going to trade away an elite mid we would only ever consider a deal to get a local #1 pick (or priority pick). Where were GWS in 2011 for Jaegar or 2012 for Hogan/Martin?

Fyfe will not be heading anywhere unless he tells the club he wants a trade and I seriously doubt he will be doing that whilst we are in a premiership window, he is from WA and the culture at the club i as strong as it is.

Nope would not trade Fyfe for Buddy

Fyfe is a future brownlow medallist and will be a consistent 30+ disposal plus a goal or 2 a game player.
Future superstar.

I would trade Hill for GWS #1 pick.
Fyfe has already proven himself at AFL level and is worth pick 1 + something else.
Still would not trade him though.

Fyfe for Cameron plus first round pick is what we would want, Fyfe is already top ten player in the comp, definite champion already. Will have to pay him the big bucks but we should try keeping this team together first and foremost, we have a team that shouldbe gunning for top for finishes for 5 years or more, Fyfe should develop into a gun centre half forward, he is a similar player to Hird, just needs a little polish on his disposal to be outright best in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GWS targeting Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back