Workshop GWS Guernsey Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Similar to some other designs in here, but I used one of Lee's logos and came up with a, well, I'll call it a 'stylized vee' design :p.

WSFCWolvesHome2.png

WSFCWolvesClash2.png

westsydneywarriors.jpg

Or view it here - http://img35.imageshack.us/i/westsydneywarriors.jpg/

Just a thought - borrowed the Warriors Logo from the Hendrix Warriors, think they are from Arkansas or something, not sure what sport.

West Sydney Warriors has a cool ring to it. In terms of nickname, I think that only the NZ Warriors exist in Rugby League, so there's no issue with Australian Team copyright etc.

Would obviously change the warrior on the home jumper from Blue to Green, and on the away jumper from Orange to Green.

I always liked the old school Fitzroy designed jumper, with the yoke way up higher on the jumper. It looked cleaner that the much lower version that Brisbane were using since 2002/2003.

Also, don't think Black and Green/White and Green would clash with too many clubs, as Collingwood and Carlton have predominately white away guernseys now. The only clash might be Essendon and Richmond when WSW are playing at home, but its about time both of those clubs got serious about away guernseys and made a whiter version too.

Still think the Black and Green would work better for a Tasmanian Team, but that's obviously still a long way off...

Yeah, I like green/black too. Light blue is the NSW colour but half the teams already have blue on their strips.
This is my WS Wolves logo/guernsey. I've tried a traditional coat-of-arms style image as it isn't really used by any other teams. feel free to critique. BTW there is a Western Sydney team forum that has some good designs if you're interested.
wolfcrest2.jpg

Yeah, I like green/black too. Light blue is the NSW colour but half the teams already have blue on their strips.
This is my WS Wolves logo/guernsey. I've tried a traditional coat-of-arms style image as it isn't really used by any other teams. feel free to critique. BTW there is a Western Sydney team forum that has some good designs if you're interested.
wolfcrest2.jpg
Good idea for seperate logos. What are the silver rectangles for?

westsydneywarriors.jpg

Or view it here - http://img35.imageshack.us/i/westsydneywarriors.jpg/

Just a thought - borrowed the Warriors Logo from the Hendrix Warriors, think they are from Arkansas or something, not sure what sport.

West Sydney Warriors has a cool ring to it. In terms of nickname, I think that only the NZ Warriors exist in Rugby League, so there's no issue with Australian Team copyright etc.

Would obviously change the warrior on the home jumper from Blue to Green, and on the away jumper from Orange to Green.

I always liked the old school Fitzroy designed jumper, with the yoke way up higher on the jumper. It looked cleaner that the much lower version that Brisbane were using since 2002/2003.

Also, don't think Black and Green/White and Green would clash with too many clubs, as Collingwood and Carlton have predominately white away guernseys now. The only clash might be Essendon and Richmond when WSW are playing at home, but its about time both of those clubs got serious about away guernseys and made a whiter version too.

Still think the Black and Green would work better for a Tasmanian Team, but that's obviously still a long way off...

filthy, i've been working on a West Sydney Warriors concept for a little while thinking it was a unique name that hadn't been tried ;)

oh well, almost finished so i'll post it anyway ... watch this space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's awesome. Could you try it with other colour combinations though?

White and Black, and Orange and Black are the only two other options that work, i tried to invert the white and black on the warrior, but it looked ridiculous.

WSWarriorsGuernseyWhite.jpg

i originally went with this, but decided to go with the Gold and Black as a way of distancing it from Collingwood's white and black monopoly. but in an attempt to do that still, i made the collars orange

WSWarriorsGuernseyOrange.jpg

probably too orange ... but its original at least.

Well I'd probably go with the first one but it looks a bit too bage.
The logo is pretty much perfect though.

yeah i know what you mean, it's supposed to be that gold-like colour that is popular in the US ... they're actually the colours of the Anaheim Ducks in the NHL. i'm a bit hockey fan and was watching them the other night and thought it was an original colour combination.

not really thrilled about the guernsey design, may look into something a bit different, with a possible Alternate Logo

Screw you all, I have been working on 4 different GWS concepts, one of them the Warriors :p

I too thought I was on my own in that department! Needless to say, it is very different from anything else posted here...

@ RPNT, you forgot the Western Warriors in cricket. But that shouldn't be a problem.

Just saw on Fox Sports News that Sheedy said that the Warriors is his preferred nickname for West Sydney

Dont mind it, rolls off the tongue nicely but I feel its too americanised.

Oh and isnt there already a Warriors in the NRL?, im sure the last thing WS want is to share a nickname with an NRL team.

Either way still a better decision than the Gold Coast's. :thumbsu:

EDIT: Think I read too far into the post, its not official its just Sheedy's choice :eek:

Yeah. The 'no-soul (Vodafone)' Warriors. Pathetic. They don't even acknowledge the fact that they're from Auckland/New Zealand. Let's hope GWS don't follow suit.

Lol, you watch how the AFL thinks about this...

Western Bulldogs relocated there, keep the name Western Sydney Bulldogs, the Bulldogs nickname established in the "west" with the Canterbury RL team, will help give the team interest in Victoria having an existing Victorian fanbase, the "important" thing for Sydney's west is to have a presence in the AFL comp, not about having their own start-up self-created team, another "Swans".

I'm pretty sure that West Sydney's official colors have been established as red, white and blue.

Just like how GC17's website and logo were created early and established the official colors in the end, you can see it already with GWS website and logo...

The GC17 colours were orange and blue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop GWS Guernsey Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back