Opinion Greatest Docker of All Time - Pav or Fyfe?

Has Fyfe surpassed Pav?

• Yes

• No

• Still Too Early To Tell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

From a neutral, as a player it’s Fyfe

Im not a neutral but generally agree. Fyfe is this mob's best ever onfield player, but Pav is more iconic and the face of the Freo footy club. Its like Judd/ Cousins vs Worsfold for us.

I'm not sure I buy that Fyfe is our "best ever on field player". Don't get me wrong he may well be (two Charlies and stiff to not have three says so), but AA across all three lines and 700 career goals is unbelievable. Bloody lucky to have had them both.

Until both careers are done it's unfair to judge.

Pav was vicelike on the chest on the lead.

If I were to write a textbook on AFL technique, there would only be one example to use for chest marks, Pav. Bombproof, consistent, reliable, rolled gold etc. For aerial marks, kicking or anything else I'd use a few different examples.

If I were to write a textbook on AFL technique, there would only be one example to use for chest marks, Pav. Bombproof, consistent, reliable, rolled gold etc. For aerial marks, kicking or anything else I'd use a few different examples.
Probably that Treacy kid ;)
Taylor Walker would be pretty up there for making on the lead and set shot kicking.

Quantify Great?

Great as in individual greatness? Fyfe.

Great as in All round greatness? Pavlich

I looked at this question like this:
If i could bring back one Docker and redraft them right now at 18 years old it would be Pav hands down any day of the week.

So I guess at this stage Pav...

Hard question though.

Back