Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Start strong, taper off, show the players Ted Lasso, win the flag. It's an easy recipe for success!

I've just finished season 1.

Love that fagan said his referencing the show was over emphasised, but not sure I BELIEVE that.

Love that fagan said his referencing the show was over emphasised, but not sure I BELIEVE that.
I have been hearing about it for a long time but after hearing that Fages used some references from the show I have started watching it and it’s great I am loving it.
Similar re-build too in that the relationship building needs to be the first step to bring the group together and all on the same page.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Fagan referenced Lasso which helped get the team back in track and the marketing department saw the opportunity and ran with it. It just so happens that it perfectly encapsulated our finals series too. The perfect storm.

View attachment 2147663
Got 6 hours work in today and all my chores done. Wife and kids aren't home so just relaxing to this gem. I love this team so much.
I just got the DVD so that will be my night.
Watched the Semi and Prelim during the week to get warmed up for tonight.

I think that now we've broken a bit of a glass ceiling with regards to winning from outside the top 4 and Victoria, as well as coming from so far back halfway through the season, we may see clubs more actively plotting to win just enough games to keep afloat early in the season, before looking to peak in August/September.
I don’t think any team plots to lose games - we certainly didn’t… just out F50 wasn’t functioning correctly. What we managed in the 2nd half of the season was an amazing display of mental toughness.

Getting early wins on the board is still the most reliable path to finals success. This allows a bit more in terms of player management, perhaps a late season training block.

It would be interesting to hear from Sydney about why their season went off the rails, and why they lost belief. The postmortem from that club would be full of learnings!

I just got the DVD so that will be my night.
Watched the Semi and Prelim during the week to get warmed up for tonight.
I need to go back back and watch the earlier finals. The grandfinal has been so sweet to replay but the come backs in those games is just so amazing they are all time great moments

I need to go back back and watch the earlier finals. The grandfinal has been so sweet to replay but the come backs in those games is just so amazing they are all time great moments

I still haven't seen the first half of the GWS game. Going to brave it soon

I even went back and watched the Elimination Final as well. Perspective is a weird thing; it seems so strange now to hear Al Nicholson in commentary say that things were "unravelling" for us when Zac Bailey missed his boot from 2m out in the 3rd quarter. But at the time it really felt that way, even tho we led by 30+ points at the time.

I even went back and watched the Elimination Final as well. Perspective is a weird thing; it seems so strange now to hear Al Nicholson in commentary say that things were "unravelling" for us when Zac Bailey missed his boot from 2m out in the 3rd quarter. But at the time it really felt that way, even tho we led by 30+ points at the time.

Personally wasn't worried at all during their comeback. We'd very clearly gone into self preservation mode and was confident we'd turn it on again long enough to keep it out of reach. It certainly wasn't nice viewing though!

It would be interesting to hear from Sydney about why their season went off the rails, and why they lost belief. The postmortem from that club would be full of learnings!
Our Grand Final win a couple of weeks ago was a culmination of the last 8 years of “Learnings”.

I remember Chris Fagan saying, “We are going to fail our way to success”.

He wasn’t wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back