Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

What a ride it’s been!!! I was 16 years old when we won back in 01. Loved it no doubt but I didn’t appreciate it as much as I did yesterday. Something about enjoying it as an adult just hits different. Also helps that my partner and 2 year old let me enjoy yesterday and even today ….. so many drinks hahah tomorrow is gonna be painful

From where we were to right now…. Speechless.

Fagan, wow…. All the shit you’ve copped the past few years you can say “get a dog up ya!”

Love the lions … don’t even know any of you people in this forum but I love you too hahah

🦁🏆💙

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The greatest season we’ve ever had and one of the best ever full top.

It also had the sweetest redemption/ revenge arc.

1) Kicking out the Carlton (who made it hard for Fitzroy whilst we were at Princes Park).
2) Kicking out the Giants after losing in crap circumstances a few years ago.
3) Sending Geelong packing after years of trouncing’s in Victoria and prelim losses.
4) Demolishing the Swans who used to pick us apart at will with no mercy just as much as Richmond and Geelong in our terrible years.

Yesterday was the best sporting moment of my life and will cherish it forever! Thanks Lions!

PS: Kingy can jam his lap top up his ass sideways

I do wonder what Dew's role will look like next year. I hope it's more official and in a larger capacity.

Same goes for Cotchin as well.

Listening to the Roar Deal podcast, it sounds as though Andrew Wellington has a handle on the coaching positions. Gave credit to our assistants who may not be getting the recognition that is owed to them for the job they've done this season.

PREMIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got back to the hostel from celebrating in Osaka!! Tears!!!!!!! Can’t wait to watch the game and dissect without the stress. So damn happy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What an amazing day. Probably the best day of my life.

We were scintillating. Selfless, skillful and exceptionally tough. We never gave them a chance.

Was the perfect day and build up. Each of our finals wins had a wonderful redemption arc as described by RoyBoy17 above.

Having the chance to watch it with my best mate for which we have both been members since 2013 (our whole adult life) was special considering the beatings we used to cop. I remember turning up to games with the optimism that we'd still be in it at half time. How times have changed.

The cherry on top was our both our partners being able to scab a ticket from some departing Swans fans to watch the final quarter with us.

I still couldn't accept that we had won it by half time. I couldn't keep the tears away half way through the third quarter when the realisation hit me that the cup was finally ours.

While no team "deserves" a premiership, I can't help but feel this team has taken its rightful place as the champion team.

That said, if we make it next year, I’ll go. I suspect the Footy Gods will be appeased by my sacrifice this year.
That's my logic too. Hopefully I'll see you there (and then piss bolt in the opposite direction before you see me).

Heard a useless stat on SEN this morning; never in the history of VFL/AFL has there been a final score of 120-60.

Pretty useless huh lol
There is a Twitter account dedicated to this type of stat! (My favourite stat is the most frequently occurring scoreline of 80-79 which has happened 15 times).

But on topic, I was at the 'G yesterday somewhere in the stands on the 4th floor above the lions cheer squad. What a day it was! You lions fans know how to make noise. It was an awesome experience singing Country Roads, and doing the LIOOOONS chant with you all.

When Eric Hipwood slotted that goal, I knew we had it in the bag.

I went with my sister who was born in 2004, so she has never experienced a lions flag. I had never fully experienced one either as I was far too young to appreciate the three-peat, and 2004 was the first season I fully followed the club and AFL as a whole. So it has been a long 20 years, but we got there!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back