Game Day Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard they made the world's strongest suction cup…

I'm not quite sure how they pulled it off.
I was planning to be conciliatory either way this morning... You know in the spirit of the moment and celebration of the achievement blah blah blah...

And then I read this. On premiership cup day.

I'm sure some saw a clever nuanced subtle correlation to the big day... But was it?? Or just a lucky coincidence? Just a fluke by chance?

And maybe, just maybe it made me smile... A little bit mind, not a big whole face type smile... Maybe a smirk more like it before I caught myself and realised what was I doing...

Fine.

Feuled by hope, lost in the brotherhood and pride of our shared journey, you pass. Just this once.

But be warned, this behaviour may not be so well tolerated next year... As every report card I ever got said...

"Can do better. Needs to pay attention in class and do his homework."

Also my bloody phone still won't let me post GIFs on this app for some reason

Go well today boys, good luck everyone, enjoy the day and of course GO LIONS!!!!

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Heading off to the ground soon. The boys and I decked out in our Fitzroy/Brisbane Lions gear. Nervous but also excited. The belief is there amongst the 23 players and coaching staff.

I think we will have a bigger support at the ground. Lions supporters let's be loud and proud.

McCluggage or Froggy Lester for Norm Smith.

Lions by 4 goals but let's face it - we will take any margin.

Let's go the mighty Lions - 2024 is our year.

This is absolutely the stuff sports fans dreams are made of. Absolute underdogs throughout the finals series, amazing come from behind wins, team heroics. I f*"king love this team so much. Win or lose they have given us one heck of a season and so much to look forward to next year and beyond. Go out there and play your hearts out boys, absolute legends all of you. 🦁🦁🦁

This made me cry. So much emotion in these events, can't believe we have been able to embrace that emotion, support each other and become a closer club.

That alone deserves a premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to hear Max Gawn say Grundy would have been more comfortable playing against Oscar than Forty, as he knew what he would get with Oscar. Max said he played against Darcy 3 times, beating him twice. He admired Forty's strength and ability to scrag. Could be a classic duel.

I just want to mark my spot. irel was here 28/09/2024

In fact I have always been with you, when you were Fitzroy first and morphed into Brisbane Lions. I have walked the road beside you, I have climbed the mountain with Lions, I have fallen to the depths of desperation with you, I have ridden every emotion, from exhilaration to despair, but never once did I waver and thought of abandoning you. No matter what happens today I will still remain a believer.

Go you mighty Lion hearts. Destiny is within reach.
Oh no , you made me cry too .
Beautiful post 🥰🦁

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back