Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What a way to start my Friday. This forum has officially hit its peak!! Fantastic news story. This salary cap stuff is getting out of hand 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What a way to start my Friday. This forum has officially hit its peak!! Fantastic news story. This salary cap stuff is getting out of hand 🤣

Good discussion point. Who are some of the best debutants we have seen over the last 10 years?

One of the best debuts I have seen in the last 10 years was Darby Henderson from Echuca, played against Tat as an 18 year old and easily would’ve had 30 and 2 in a close game from memory. The son of a great has turned into quite the handy player at Williamstown for a number of years now

Mooroopna fined $25k , $12.5k of which suspended .
At no stage did club exceed salary cap was merely administrive issues which strongly relate to 2022 when the club was experiencing flood issues .
my understanding is the report found that MRP were actually further under the salary cap than what they declared 😂😂
shows how much of a joke the whole system is when we're punishing volunteer errors and not salary cap issues.
my bet is that all clubs around the region will make sure their documents are in perfect order!! MRP have paid the price and message has been sent

See on rochy socials Hugh Hamilton is named for his first game since 2022 after a pretty serious back injury. Handy addition mid year. Any news on any others to come back in ?
Doug Wren named in the Reserves on PlayHQ. I had had heard his return was immenent. Fingers crossed for the bloke as he was a gun prior to long term injury.

He and Hugh Hamilton both capable of making a difference in the back end of the season. Hearing Joe Atley might still be some weeks away

Mooroopna fined $25k , $12.5k of which suspended .
At no stage did club exceed salary cap was merely administrive issues which strongly relate to 2022 when the club was experiencing flood issues .
Why are they fined then. This is ridiculous, hope the club pursues it further

Why are they fined then. This is ridiculous, hope the club pursues it further
Kangaroo court .
The bigger question is why are they handing out excessive fines to clubs for admin errors.
They should be well aware admin errors can occur and where is the money for all these fines and the growing trend of fines for onfield incidents going ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my understanding is the report found that MRP were actually further under the salary cap than what they declared 😂😂
shows how much of a joke the whole system is when we're punishing volunteer errors and not salary cap issues.
my bet is that all clubs around the region will make sure their documents are in perfect order!! MRP have paid the price and message has been sent
To me that sounds like an absolute disgrace. It's hard enough to get volunteers anyway.

Clubs are cheating /over salary caps everywhere ... but doubt many in the GVFL.
The powers that be might want to cast their collective eye a bit further West of our league.

To me that sounds like an absolute disgrace. It's hard enough to get volunteers anyway.

Clubs are cheating /over salary caps everywhere ... but doubt many in the GVFL.
The powers that be might want to cast their collective eye a bit further West of our league.
I use to enjoy and think it bought great interest to league when the smaller clubs saved up their money and then had a tilt with 4-5 big name just retired afl/vfl players

Last edited:
I use to enjoy and think it bought great interest to league when the smaller clubs saved up their money and then had a tilt with 4-5 big name just retired afl/vfl players
Unfortunately with no cap the metro clubs had triple the salary and no guns were coming to the country though roar. Country clubs couldn't even match the job offers of the vafa

Bears good today, cats terrible. And another few injuries. Not sure they have the depth to carry too many. Can see them falling out of the 6.
They are still a game up. I'd think there's not many easy games now. Seymour are firing and Benalla are playing far better footy. Even united could push a few teams.

Doug Wren named in the Reserves on PlayHQ. I had had heard his return was immenent. Fingers crossed for the bloke as he was a gun prior to long term injury.

He and Hugh Hamilton both capable of making a difference in the back end of the season. Hearing Joe Atley might still be some weeks away
Joe Atley ran around in the 2nds yesterday for a half. Very measured minutes and also need to get 6 games into him to qualify for finals if they get there...

Joe Atley ran around in the 2nds yesterday for a half. Very measured minutes and also need to get 6 games into him to qualify for finals if they get there...
More like 5 minutes of the 1st qtr from where I was watching. Doug Wren was runner for the seniors. But the word is he will play.

Had a look at the game and Trewhella was again impressive. It looks to me like Rochy are building nicely with the inclusion of Hamilton who slotted 3 in his first game. S Williams bagged another 6 but probably missed just as many! Tigers run and carry was consistently good and strong targets with Williams, Hamilton x 2 and Cricelli. Swans were missing some of their experienced players and while their young guys were competitive in the first half, Rochys bigger bodies made the difference in the second. Obviously still an A grader or two to return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back