Remove this Banner Ad

Hawkers

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2005
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
You played very well. You hassled and chased and put a load of pressure on all our guys, especially our get out of trouble guy.

I was surprised we won. I'm not saying you were better than us but it was even all over.

We probably should have had a greater lead with all the easy shots but you made us second guess, fumble and get frustrated.

Future is looking good for Richmond if you keep playing the way you have in the last few weeks

Thanks pal.
We never looked like it, but then looked likely to steal it.
good sides get outplayed but still find themselves in a position to win. Liked what I saw, but in reality you guys were a 10-gaol better team all-round.
At least we didn't lay down and die like Carlton or Essendon.

You played very well. You hassled and chased and put a load of pressure on all our guys, especially our get out of trouble guy.

I was surprised we won. I'm not saying you were better than us but it was even all over.

We probably should have had a greater lead with all the easy shots but you made us second guess, fumble and get frustrated.

Future is looking good for Richmond if you keep playing the way you have in the last few weeks

I'm glad there are some Hawk supporters who can see our improvement and arent blaming their crap kicking at goal for the game being so close.

Good to see someone was actually watching it.

Quite frankly I thought we played very poorly in the first half and the Hawks should have been further in front. Our second half was very good and we were putting just as much pressure on the Hawks as they were to us. In the end I really liked our pressure and intensity in the second half and hope to bring that to the game against the Saints.

we were running in circles in 1st half with too much handball while under pressure...were far more constructiuve in 2H, Hawthorn just a little more seasoned than us and had the answers when pressed...If we take that effort onto the ground ea week we will win our share of games..Hawthorn is not unbeaten by accident:confused:

Have to agree, Richmond played well, and part of playing well is taking your opportunities in front of goal, and you most definitely did that. Thought you would steal it.

We did kick badly, which gave Richmodn heart. Cannot comment on how your boys would have gone if down by 6 goals at half time, but they never gave up, and that was good to see (although not from a nervous Hawks fan standpoint).

Much improvement yet though for Tigers, could press for top 8 if play with same intencity every week, and get a bit more direct.

Quite frankly I thought we played very poorly in the first half and the Hawks should have been further in front. Though our second half was very good and we were putting just as much pressure on the Hawks as they were to us. In the end I really liked our pressure and intensity in the second half and hope to bring that to the game against the Saints.

I disagree somewhat, our first 15 minutes were absolutely disgusting, we got a couple quickly which seemed to steady us, the second quarter I thought we were very good until junk time when the hawks kicked a couple late to stretch it out.

Last half particularly our 3rd quarter was fantastic, Unfortunately Roughead stood up late in the last to take the game away from us.

Very happy to get away with the 4 points. Game should have been over at quarter time with the amount of ball we up forward, but to your guys credit, they stuck with it and pressured us very well and eventually hit the lead in the 3rd quarter.

Look in reality, we missed way to many easy shots at goal, but you guys are definitely on the improve and though probably not finalists this year, coming years look promising (first time you've heard that though hey!!)

Guys like Riewoldt, Tambling and Morton will be better players with the more footy they play.

Good game my ar$e!

If you guys accept a result like that then you only need to look at Fremantle to see where the future lies, but hey, lets applaud the team off after snatching defeat from the jaws of victory (Freo v Gee).

Medeocrity is a disease.

I walked away very unhappy with tonights performance. 14.22 =38% accuracy. Unacceptable. Richmond 15.4 =79% accuracy - not sustainable over a couple of rounds let alone a whole year.

Good game my ar$e!

If you guys accept a result like that then you only need to look at Fremantle to see where the future lies, but hey, lets applaud the team off after snatching defeat from the jaws of victory (Freo v Gee).

Medeocrity is a disease.

I walked away very unhappy with tonights performance. 14.22 =38% accuracy. Unacceptable. Richmond 15.4 =79% accuracy - not sustainable over a couple of rounds let alone a whole year.

The game was crap, and if Hawthorn had of kicked straight they would have won by 4 years. Ignore most here, they'd look for positives in the Black Plague.
Richmond were their usual dumbness.
Hawks had a bad day at the office.

But beware my friend.....I look at Buddy and I see the 'Buddy' years unfolding were your players become overly 'Buddy' centric and you'll lose more games than your worth.....it's coming, believe me.

The game was crap, and if Hawthorn had of kicked straight they would have won by 4 years. Ignore most here, they'd look for positives in the Black Plague.

And you'd look for negatives if you won Tattslotto.

"Inflation's rising, a million's not worth as much as before." :p

Oh, we won, did we, Ron the Dreamboat?
We played well?
The Hawks played well?

Clown !!

Maybe you'd prefer the wide open, error-free, uncontested bullshit brand of the game that the AFL's trying to encourage? Both sides applied pressure, both sides made mistakes. You seriously expect us to go from boiled lollies to chocolates in an instant?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if Hawthorn had of kicked straight they would have won by 4 years.
If they kicked straight lol.You do realise dont you that when a goal is kicked it goes back to the centre?The Hawks kept the pressure on us in defence.80% of their goals kicked was due to that pressure when we were in or coming out of defence from a point kicked.
As bazzar as it sounds we would have been better off if they did kick abit straighter.

Although I think the Hawks were 6+ goals better on the day, dont read too much into the scoring shot factor.
Bottom line is had we kicked straight the ball would have gone back to the centre and you guys might have had more scoring shots. Because of our crap kicking you were forever trying to bring the ball from the other end of the ground instead of from the guts where you did pretty well.

I'd be sticking to your game plan, and dare I say it, stick with Wallace. Things are certainly looking more up than down.

PS I've found this post very difficult. I came on to particularly offer good wishes but geez there is some crap and vitriol on here that nearly had me clicking straight back off again.

Although I think the Hawks were 6+ goals better on the day, dont read too much into the scoring shot factor.
Bottom line is had we kicked straight the ball would have gone back to the centre and you guys might have had more scoring shots. Because of our crap kicking you were forever trying to bring the ball from the other end of the ground instead of from the guts where you did pretty well.

I'd be sticking to your game plan, and dare I say it, stick with Wallace. Things are certainly looking more up than down.

PS I've found this post very difficult. I came on to particularly offer good wishes but geez there is some crap and vitriol on here that nearly had me clicking straight back off again.

Good post Merv, definately agree with what you said :thumbsu:

Hawks are definately a class above, but Richmond are on the right track, if people like Delibrate cant see the improvement then thats just disappointing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back