2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Suns would be a bit disappointed at half time. Could have had a bigger lead. Playing well but letting in goals at key times to sap momentum. Hopefully we keep momentum going!

As far as potential players for “trades” go, Chol looks solid from what I’ve seen with some nice marks and a bullet field pass among his highlights, been a bit disappointed in Hollands and his kicking inside 50, while Burgess is his usual reliable self.

Last edited:
If you haven’t moved, move. They don’t care. I’m over in the shade and heard one of the suns organizers saying he doesn’t care afl forced them to choose that side

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Chol kicks his fourth. Hopefully Dimma finds a way to keep him and get the best out of him at the AFL level. Would rather keep Chol given Casboult's age.

Lombard into double digits in disposals. Fair effort from a 16 year old in a VFL prelim.
If Chol could kick straight he would have already won us the game. He looks lively though.

Last year we were up by 6 at at 3/4 time and got done. Hopefully the boys have learned from that…

We missed quite a few last quarter. Fingers crossed for a big final quarter to charge home to a GF

If Chol could kick straight he would have already won us the game. He looks lively though.
He's the biggest 'almost' player we've ever had. If he could just hold a few more marks and kick straighter then he'd be our forward line version of Naitanui. Such a tease.

Air chol, man’s playing a blinder but still has he’s cholisms
Feel like he’s playing to stay
Yeah, you'd think if he wanted to leave then he wouldn't be trying this hard. They just showed Dimma in the coaches box and there's no way you could walk away from this game thinking that trading Chol was a good idea.

How good is Lombard!? He is a star
So exciting! You can see why he's an expected top 10 pick next year. That kind of composure at 16 years old in a VFL prelim is so rare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, you'd think if he wanted to leave then he wouldn't be trying this hard. They just showed Dimma in the coaches box and there's no way you could walk away from this game thinking that trading Chol was a good
i thought it wasn’t so much we want to move him on, but more he wanted to move somewhere he would be guaranteed best 22 instead of staying here and having to actually work for it?

Frustrating because with any sort of work ethic, Mabs would be a top 5 key forward in the AFL.

or it might be a good highlights package to get a nice draft pick in return
Where's the incentive for Chol to do that though? He's contracted for another two years so it's not like he's playing for a salary increase if he does get traded.

i thought it wasn’t so much we want to move him on, but more he wanted to move somewhere he would be guaranteed best 22 instead of staying here and having to actually work for it?

Frustrating because with any sort of work ethic, Mabs would be a top 5 key forward in the AFL.
Well I don't see how that's possible if he's been linked to Brisbane and would really struggle to get in their best 22 ahead of Daniher or Hipwood. Even McInerney would keep him out of the ruck.

Where's the incentive for Chol to do that though? He's contracted for another two years so it's not like he's playing for a salary increase if he does get traded.

Well I don't see how that's possible if he's been linked to Brisbane and would really struggle to get in their best 22 ahead of Daniher or Hipwood. Even McInerney would keep him out of the ruck.
Depends where he chooses if he does want to go I guess. Brisbane being interested doesn’t mean he has any interest in them.
Just basing this on what his manager said.

There it is! Our first ever Grand Final appearance at any level. Took longer than I thought it would but we're finally here.

Now let's make the most of this and become a team that wins GFs when we make it! Do the VFL double of a minor premiership + a flag.

Werribee at IKON Park next Sunday. The stage is set.

Should’ve won by 10 goals with the dominance we had. Margin doesn’t matter though, we are into the Grand Final!!!

Probably the worst game in front of goal we’ve had (kicked like we do in the AFL).

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back