Gippsland League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watcher, also throw in other clubs offer up apprenticeships too. I'm not saying Gippy league clubs don't but when a lower league club can offer you a job, match payments and to train how you please at 17,18,19 who can resist that?!

I would say that you are probably one of these four kids on school holidays who is bored and looking for a bit of praise on this site.

What else can we say?

Good luck to these boys they deserve plenty of praise. Probably now played more senior football than most of the posters / experts on this site.

Good stuff Warragul a wins not far away. :):):)

Bairnsdale Under 18 44 goals V Moe under 18 0 goals , What a disgrace for country junior football. Thats more than a goal every 2 minutes. I was'nt at the game but surly the Bairnsdale coaching staff could have evened the game up by loaning players. Winning by that margin does no team any good.
I don't no whats going on at Moe but something must be done for the sake of football and the boys themselves , The league or even the VCFL should investigate why a town the size of Moe can't field a competiteve Under 18 side.

I spose the VCFL and league will do nothing as per the norm.
I wonder how many Moe under 18 boys are playing in the minor league around Moe. Need to investigate why.Traveling 2 hours up the highway Losing by 44 goals may be one of the reasons , what do you think ????:mad::mad::mad:

Let me share my thoughts on the town of Moe. I think Im qualified enough to as I spent the first 18 years of my life there. There are some good people in Moe who I am glad I got to spend my upbringing with but since I moved out of the town I have come to realise that the town in general has a bit of a no hoper menality and I think it translates into every area of the town including sport.

When I was growing up I thought it was uncool to preform well. You got more pats on the back for being a bad-ass than doing well. In fact often who put in extra work where belittled and bullied. There is simply not enough people in the community who push high standards and medicority is widley expected.
Moe has approx 20000 people, they have not won a flag in decades and the last bloke drafted out of Moe was over 15 years ago. Morwell seem to only be marginally better and have the same problems. But lets face it when there is a government policy to move half the single mums in the state(yes Ive taken liberties with those stats) to Moe and Morwell then its not exactly good for the town.

I suspect that the best talents in More are not just playing in other leagues but many would be into other things if you know what I mean.

I now live in a town with 10000 people. Its a town which has almost zero unemployment and little or no government housing. Most of the kids in the town are pushed to strive for success not matter what the field. They are given pats on the back for doing well and have a great support network. The junior football club has up to 3 players who this year and next year are a great chance to be drafted and there are 2 or 3 players on afl clubs who have spent some time playing junoir football here.

I am a big believer that attitudes of parents and the community in general reflect massivly on the overall success of the kids coming through a town and unforuntately for Moe there is not enough people in the community who set a high benchmark.

Let me share my thoughts on the town of Moe. I think Im qualified enough to as I spent the first 18 years of my life there. There are some good people in Moe who I am glad I got to spend my upbringing with but since I moved out of the town I have come to realise that the town in general has a bit of a no hoper menality and I think it translates into every area of the town including sport.

When I was growing up I thought it was uncool to preform well. You got more pats on the back for being a bad-ass than doing well. In fact often who put in extra work where belittled and bullied. There is simply not enough people in the community who push high standards and medicority is widley expected.
Moe has approx 20000 people, they have not won a flag in decades and the last bloke drafted out of Moe was over 15 years ago. Morwell seem to only be marginally better and have the same problems. But lets face it when there is a government policy to move half the single mums in the state(yes Ive taken liberties with those stats) to Moe and Morwell then its not exactly good for the town.

I suspect that the best talents in More are not just playing in other leagues but many would be into other things if you know what I mean.

I now live in a town with 10000 people. Its a town which has almost zero unemployment and little or no government housing. Most of the kids in the town are pushed to strive for success not matter what the field. They are given pats on the back for doing well and have a great support network. The junior football club has up to 3 players who this year and next year are a great chance to be drafted and there are 2 or 3 players on afl clubs who have spent some time playing junoir football here.

I am a big believer that attitudes of parents and the community in general reflect massivly on the overall success of the kids coming through a town and unforuntately for Moe there is not enough people in the community who set a high benchmark.
Interesting thoughts IMO ,Moe ,Morwell and to a lesser extent Sale have worn the effects of Government policies over recent years of herding everything worthwhile in a town ,services ,hospitals etc to Traralgon.You only have to drive through Morwell and Moe and then go through Traralgon to see which town has prospered while the others have stagnated ,is it any wonder that the young kids have a sense of empathy if that is in fact the case.As an outsider who doesn't live in the Valley ,it's astounding the difference between Traralgon and the other 2 major towns .I suppose if there is an inferiority complex it would have to translate to the sporting field.

I know the 2 tom's Muir and Fusi ,quality young guys both of them ,it's particularly pleasing to see Tommy Muir finally playing at a level he belongs rather than Neerim .The gulls are definitely on the right track by giving these young guys a go ,if they don't get drafted knowing these blokes they will be the future of the Warragul fc and play 200+ games.There is no reason why Warragul can't become a force in the comp again in years to come ,being so close to Melbourne ,they are in a lot better situation than almost every other club (except Drouin of course) in the GFL to attract quality players.

Is Fusinato any relation to Reno Fusinato (Moe FC)?

A greater bunch of complete drivel, I have never read.

The first paragraph is a product of believing too much of what you read in the newspapers. Reporters get paid to report the more unsavoury side of anything, not just towns or more importantly, Moe.

The fact that you think it was uncool to perform well is most probably more to do with your own efforts, morals and state of mind that that of general concensus within the town. Plenty in our community push high standards. This is also the same for Morwell, Sale, Churchill, Heyfield and Orbost (all towns with various axes to grind about goverment decisions adversely affecting them).

Moe also takes in Newborough, and combined, has between approxiamately 13,000 - 14,000 residents. Never even been close to 20,000. The Newborough Football club has won quite a number of flags throughout the age groups and I think 4 since 1990 in the seniors. Moe also has 8-10 other clubs competing with it for players within 25 kms. Moe also played in 2 grand finals in the 2000's and with a much less fancied or skilled team playing under coach Lachlan Sim could have, with a little luck, pulled off back to back flags. Some might say this team was grossly overachieving as they were probably not in the top 5 teams when it comes to skill, but their undying attention to the coach's game plan and the belief that they could achieve took them to the Grand Final, not once, but twice. It is grossly offensive to suggest anything other than to be as good as you can be, were the goals of the footy club or the town , as a whole.

I take offense to your belief that there are not enough people in the community that set high benchmarks and particularly within the football clubs and junior clubs as a whole. The Moe FC has a super dedicated committee, as do the 2 junior clubs below them.

Having been involved in local football around Moe for the last 30 years, my opinion is that you cant be further from the truth. I never met a person involved at a junior football club that didnt want to see the kids succeed. Not win premierships, but succeed. I have been involved at 2 of the 3 junior clubs (one now defunct) and the primary role for these clubs over the years has been to provide an social, sporting and recreational outlet for the young boys and girls of the town. Excellence is always sought, disobedience frowned upon and effort rewarded. Never have I seen someone patted on the back for punching an opponent or spectator, nor have I ever witnessed same occurring.

Making gross generalisations, as you have, does nothing for the town, its sporting clubs (of all persuasions) and your reputation. To infer that instead of playing footy for the Moe 3rds, players are getting up to "other things" is just completely irresponsible and worthy of Herald-Sun style tabloid journalism.

Furthermore, if you want to troll, you are welcome to it at the Bay 13 board.

The first paragraph is a product of believing too much of what you read in the newspapers. Reporters get paid to report the more unsavoury side of anything, not just towns or more importantly, Moe.

The fact that you think it was uncool to perform well is most probably more to do with your own efforts, morals and state of mind that that of general concensus within the town. Plenty in our community push high standards. This is also the same for Morwell, Sale, Churchill, Heyfield and Orbost (all towns with various axes to grind about goverment decisions adversely affecting them).

Moe also takes in Newborough, and combined, has between approxiamately 13,000 - 14,000 residents. Never even been close to 20,000. The Newborough Football club has won quite a number of flags throughout the age groups and I think 4 since 1990 in the seniors. Moe also has 8-10 other clubs competing with it for players within 25 kms. Moe also played in 2 grand finals in the 2000's and with a much less fancied or skilled team playing under coach Lachlan Sim could have, with a little luck, pulled off back to back flags. Some might say this team was grossly overachieving as they were probably not in the top 5 teams when it comes to skill, but their undying attention to the coach's game plan and the belief that they could achieve took them to the Grand Final, not once, but twice. It is grossly offensive to suggest anything other than to be as good as you can be, were the goals of the footy club or the town , as a whole.

I take offense to your belief that there are not enough people in the community that set high benchmarks and particularly within the football clubs and junior clubs as a whole. The Moe FC has a super dedicated committee, as do the 2 junior clubs below them.

Having been involved in local football around Moe for the last 30 years, my opinion is that you cant be further from the truth. I never met a person involved at a junior football club that didnt want to see the kids succeed. Not win premierships, but succeed. I have been involved at 2 of the 3 junior clubs (one now defunct) and the primary role for these clubs over the years has been to provide an social, sporting and recreational outlet for the young boys and girls of the town. Excellence is always sought, disobedience frowned upon and effort rewarded. Never have I seen someone patted on the back for punching an opponent or spectator, nor have I ever witnessed same occurring.

Making gross generalisations, as you have, does nothing for the town, its sporting clubs (of all persuasions) and your reputation. To infer that instead of playing footy for the Moe 3rds, players are getting up to "other things" is just completely irresponsible and worthy of Herald-Sun style tabloid journalism.

You've got to admit though Plugger that when a club like Moe can't get a thirds side ,it's getting close to crisis time really ,the U/18's are the immediate furture of the club.Time for the committee to sit down and see what's exactly going wrong.Where do you think they are failing ATM?

You've got to admit though Plugger that when a club like Moe can't get a thirds side ,it's getting close to crisis time really ,the U/18's are the immediate furture of the club.Time for the committee to sit down and see what's exactly going wrong.Where do you think they are failing ATM?

Like I have stated befor WHAT IS THE CLUB AND LEAGUE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS SERIOUS PROBLEM. The Moe committee and League must act what has the club done ?

Being involved at Newborough, I know that they have approached them about it and would be surprised if they haven't approached Hill End and Thorpdale as well. As far as the Newborough-Moe arrangement goes, there will be no straight out clearances between the clubs any more. There will now be a permit system in place that gives a player an opportunity to try the other club without that club having any hold over the player. It's not much, but it's something. They are obviously coming from a long way back so it will take time.

Pluggeroo I can understand that as someone involved in the Moe football club you have taken offence. I understand that my comments are very provocative for those in Moe but I can assure you it is not someone who has read the newspaper and formed opions from afar. I grew up in the town and I have lived in a number of other places and it was not until I moved away from Moe that I formed these views. My views are not an attack on anyone at the Moe football club. I played junior football there(not very well might I add) and there were some good people there as there is in any club.

I myself stopped playing junior football at the age of 14 and spent 3 or 4 years doing crap around the town I wish I had not done. If I had my time againI would have continued to play footy as I think it is a far better lifestyle to be living.

If my comments are complete and utter garbage why does moe have such a record and rep. Why when I left Moe did it have the highest rate of unemployment along with Morwell in the state, Some stats dont lie. Why has the football club been so unsuccessful? Why is there no one being drafted out of Moe and why have Moe had such a more record of AFL recruits?

Rather than label my comment as utter garbage how about you come up with some of the answers.

As for your comment on the population it is now list as 15400. When I lived there 17 years ago it was about 17500 and I am fairly confident it has nugged the 20k when the SEC was not privatised. People can use the argument about Newborough, Hill end etc etc but all large towns have neibouring football towns taking there players. Moe is a big town and should be able to field a 3rds side without any problems. My argument is there a probably a number of good junior footballers in Moe who are not playing football. That is not you fault or the fault of the people who bust their guts at the football club.

Based on my experience of growing up in the place I believe that some not all(more more than average) of the kids are simply not encouraged by parents to get of there bum and be involved in things like the footy club.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt and I dont mean offence but the fact still stands that Moe is not very successful and if what I am saying is utter bulltish then what is the reason. Its certainly not lack of facilities because Moe would have as good sporting facilities than most towns of its size in the entire country. Id love to hear your reasons pluggeroo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott Pendlebury had another blinder yesterday ,now the Sale FC have had their fair share of players go to the AFL/VFL over the years ,but this guy would have to be the best of all time ever to come out of the club IMO if not the whole area.If he is not ,he is definitely right up there with the likes of Bernie Quinlen ,Kelvin Templeton from Traralgon and names like Alan Morrow and Bill Stephenson from Sale .No i'm neither related or a Collingwood supporter BTW.

Scott Pendlebury had another blinder yesterday ,now the Sale FC have had their fair share of players go to the AFL/VFL over the years ,but this guy would have to be the best of all time ever to come out of the club IMO if not the whole area.If he is not ,he is definitely right up there with the likes of Bernie Quinlen ,Kelvin Templeton from Traralgon and names like Alan Morrow and Bill Stephenson from Sale .No i'm neither related or a Collingwood supporter BTW.

Impressive list of accolades and achievements he is putting together. The fact that he is only in his early 20s makes it all the more impressive. I would say that by the day his time his up he will be up there with the best players to have come out of Gippsland. As to whether he is at that level now, not too sure???

Quinlan, 366 games, 800 odd goals, a brownlow, 2 colemans, Fitzroy team of the century. Templeton, 177 games, 600 goals, a brownlow, 2 colemans. Don't really think he is in that sort of company yet???

Ha ha ha ha funny post. Up there with quinlen hey?? Ha ha another pie supporter getting carried away. He isn't even half way yet. Funny funny stuff.

How jealous do you want to be mate? who do you play for again??

Mate I am not jealous of anyone, i just thought that he (the poster) is one of those boys. Good luck to them all in their football careers and hopefully Warragul football club bear the fruits of there talent

Ha ha ha ha funny post. Up there with quinlen hey?? Ha ha another pie supporter getting carried away. He isn't even half way yet. Funny funny stuff.
Yeah OK he hasn't played the same amount of games yet to have his career judged overall ,but his importance to the top team in the comp at this time and his place as one of the top 5 players in the league ,can't be questioned.As i said Sale have had a lot of guys drafted over the years but none of them have made the impact that "dipper" has made to his team and the competition.

Yeah OK he hasn't played the same amount of games yet to have his career judged overall ,but his importance to the top team in the comp at this time and his place as one of the top 5 players in the league ,can't be questioned.As i said Sale have had a lot of guys drafted over the years but none of them have made the impact that "dipper" has made to his team and the competition.

Ablett, Goodes, Pavlich, Sandilands and Goddard :eek:

And Swan :thumbsu:

Very very good player but the accolades of Quinlen will be very hard to top. Individual success isn't as prevelant in footy these days.

Ablett, Goodes, Pavlich, Sandilands and Goddard :eek:

And Swan :thumbsu:

Very very good player but the accolades of Quinlen will be very hard to top. Individual success isn't as prevelant in footy these days.
He's easily up there with those guys now (the five contemporaries). Catholic College Sale should probably take more credit than the Sale fc anyway as they were the ones who kept playing him in the Herald Shield when he was a basketballer and not playing much footy which is where he first got noticed.

He's easily up there with those guys now (the five contemporaries). Catholic College Sale should probably take more credit than the Sale fc anyway as they were the ones who kept playing him in the Herald Shield when he was a basketballer and not playing much footy which is where he first got noticed.

Anything for a day off school!

Pluggeroo I can understand that as someone involved in the Moe football club you have taken offence. I understand that my comments are very provocative for those in Moe but I can assure you it is not someone who has read the newspaper and formed opions from afar. I grew up in the town and I have lived in a number of other places and it was not until I moved away from Moe that I formed these views. My views are not an attack on anyone at the Moe football club. I played junior football there(not very well might I add) and there were some good people there as there is in any club.

I myself stopped playing junior football at the age of 14 and spent 3 or 4 years doing crap around the town I wish I had not done. If I had my time againI would have continued to play footy as I think it is a far better lifestyle to be living.

If my comments are complete and utter garbage why does moe have such a record and rep. Why when I left Moe did it have the highest rate of unemployment along with Morwell in the state, Some stats dont lie. Why has the football club been so unsuccessful? Why is there no one being drafted out of Moe and why have Moe had such a more record of AFL recruits?

Rather than label my comment as utter garbage how about you come up with some of the answers.

As for your comment on the population it is now list as 15400. When I lived there 17 years ago it was about 17500 and I am fairly confident it has nugged the 20k when the SEC was not privatised. People can use the argument about Newborough, Hill end etc etc but all large towns have neibouring football towns taking there players. Moe is a big town and should be able to field a 3rds side without any problems. My argument is there a probably a number of good junior footballers in Moe who are not playing football. That is not you fault or the fault of the people who bust their guts at the football club.

Based on my experience of growing up in the place I believe that some not all(more more than average) of the kids are simply not encouraged by parents to get of there bum and be involved in things like the footy club.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt and I dont mean offence but the fact still stands that Moe is not very successful and if what I am saying is utter bulltish then what is the reason. Its certainly not lack of facilities because Moe would have as good sporting facilities than most towns of its size in the entire country. Id love to hear your reasons pluggeroo?

I remember you. your that kid who was running around smashing letter boxes and vandalizing Moe back in the early 90's that was you wasn't it ?.

Why didn't your parents control you why didn't they kick your arse or maybe that's what your problem is now. You must have been on the wrong side of a few floggings down Moe way to be such small minded bitter and twisted person as you have turned out to be.
Also Whats wrong with the single mums and the unemployed you bigot, why don't you have a go at the old age pensioners, the Asians , Sudanese and any other minority groups that make up the proud town of Moe.
F#*K I hope your not a parent.
Take my comments as a grain of salt, and I don't mean to offend, but the fact still stands you are a bigoted LOOSER.

P.S Ant they ever find out who was involved in that Maffia style drive by shooting in your perfect little town you live in back in February.

Im not involved at Moe. You say you havent lived here for 17 years. You clearly know nothing about the town now. I feel sorry for you that your childhood was so bad that you have formed these opinions of the town.

This highlights my earlier post. You were the one running around doing unsavoury stuff.

What record and rep? The unemployment figures you talk about were 17 years ago. That's a whole generation ago. Completely irrelevant now. Moe Played in the 98 and 99 grand finals. Why arent Hill End successful? Why havent they had anyone drafted? See? I can do it too. To be drafted, you need to be in the top 70 players in the country. Any club that has one drafted is extremely lucky. Think about the odds. We all know that the AFL, today, dont necessarily take the best footballers. They take athletes now. There are some very good footballers running around in local leagues that were overlooked for the more fanciful athletes.

Mate, if I had the answers, I probably be running the club and we'd be winning premierships.

Never got to 20,000. There probably are a number of players that arent playing footy. But that would not be disproportionate to any other town. It may well be a esult of the fact that 8 years ago, one of the Moe junior clubs wound up and from memory, there were not a lot of Under 10-12 kids for any of the three clubs at the time.

Again, 17 years ago. Your experiences are not everyone's experiences. You are trying this one on from a long long way away, mate. A very long bow. I dont disagree with what you say here, however. But this is not a problem solely based in Moe. This is a societal problem all over the world, not merely refined to the good folk of Moe.

More recently (last 18 months) there have been major changes to the Ted Sumerton Reserve. This required Moe to be displaced for a long period, playing and training at Yallourn Nth. It is entirely possible that with 3rds being Under 18's, players may have had no transport to get there and just thought "why bother?". They still arent playing on their ground and the senior group trained at Newborough a fortnight ago on a Friday.Whilst the facilities have had a serious facelift, this must have had a profound impact on the players' thought processes, through all grades.

Again, if I had reasons, or knew a way to fix their problems, I would be probably running the club and we'd be winning flags and having kids drafted every year like your club and every other club in the land, according to you.

haha I do miss those days.
You and me both ,never forget those days playing for the 1st XVIII at CCS in the herald shield.Had a 25yr school reunion couple of years back and obviously saw guys i hadn't seen for a long time (25years in fact) and although some of them were doctors ,lawyers whatever ,the main topic of conversation most of the night between the guys was playing footy for the 1st 18 against the big Melbourne schools.Great days ,i played for a couple of different clubs when i was younger but don't think anything tops the school footy for mateship and comraderie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back